Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Discuss Epic plz

@ Smejack i understand where youre coming from, it would really

be nice to see it working nicely and flawelessly and rewarding each for their efforts.

but potential isnt bringing in the new players now, is it?

i also see many things that i would like to refine and fix,

but its easy to be an armchair quaterback,

or a sofa coach, i gave the most realistic solution from my point of view.

game just needs to go back to its roots is all im saying.

One player versus player server combining Epic and Chaos into one (complete map reset)

-No home servers

-No Cr debuff in enemy lands

-Make land roaming and boats viable 

-Add pvp and pve missions, enticing solo and group activity

-Add mechanics dedicated to specific deeds ( war-deeds, villages, and capitals )

-Missions directly for alliances, deeds, and pvp 

-Return of Perma death after three lives for champions

-Increase characteristic gains on priest

-Balance out priest spells

-Epic server style skill gain

-Remove cross kingdom communications

-No connection to other servers

-Premium only

-Add more PVE objectives and unique creatures 

- Staff dedicated to the server and a weekend team

- Fix bugs, exploits, and add balance

- No more stealth patches only in depth details of the changes  

Thank you! :D

As soon as you do that you will lose 1/2 or more of Epic players is that what you want?

• Dont change skill gain at all, leave it the same.

Remove the homeservers. Make one map (Xanadu/Chaos size) and throw everyone on it. Encurage PMK creation.

Fix Valrei

Remove deed ratio limitation.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 3

because we like the set up of epic as far as skill gain / curve and so on. simple as that, I have spent alot of real life money in this game and not interested in being forced to play a style that i dont wish to play , i myself would be done and just go play hello kitty island adventure or something.

• Like 2

Players will be lost regardless of what is done, cannot please everybody.

The main question is what change will attract and retain enough players to be worth it.

Personally Im fine with whatever, even if its a complete reset to everything: maps, skills, inventory, etc. On the otherhand, I would like to retain some degree of the skills at least.

The main question is what change will attract and retain enough players to be worth it.

Personally Im fine with whatever, even if its a complete reset to everything: maps, skills, inventory, etc. On the otherhand, I would like to retain some degree of the skills at least.

The difference is attracting the new people that quit in <1 month as evident of resetting blh or challenge servers, or losing a lot of long time invested players in the process of that

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 6

Yea skill reset would prolly cause the majority of people to quit.

Why would you lose them? 

Well.....how about we delete Elevation and force them to Chaos....and then promote the Home Sever islands with their own Kings and keep the CR buff and all j/k.....All this talk off deleting players and/or their hard work is insane btw.  He asked for ways to get more players not lose them...you start deleting players which would happen to some people who play both freedom and epic on one account....and deleting their years of work they have put and paid into this game and you will lose many more than you will gain forcing them into another server.  Many players on Home Servers don't want 24/7 PvP and are more Casual PvPers who would be forced into the ranks of players they really don't want to be with.  The die has been cast with Epic there is no erasing and deleting not after being sold to people that it would not happen and their skill would not be erased or their characters deleted.

GO back to Idea's about making the game more fun and enjoyable to PvP in and that might get more new players to come.

These idea's of erasing and deleting deeds and players or forcing them to move and give up everything will only lead to less people on PvP servers not what he is wanting to do. Not only that it will deter interest from other players who are sitting outside on the edge debating whether to try it or not.  Make the game and combat fun to play and they will come to it you don't have to force them to be there.

Edited by Uberknot

To the response of " homeservers suk, it's all freedom deeds" this is GOOD for pvp, I cannot express how good it is for pvp.

Having homeservers with not 300 slope dirt walls and SOTG players allows startup groups to go have some fun and bust into some deeds in an evening.

• Like 2

The difference is attracting the new people that quit in <1 month as evident of resetting blh or challenge servers, or losing a lot of long time invested players in the process of that

Whatever results in a better return for the company, and personally Im good with whatever.

Although, if Epic is dying to the point even the staff are worried, then there cant be many invested players, Let alone "lots".

Yea skill reset would prolly cause the majority of people to quit.

Merely an example to reinforce my statement regarding not caring, and I'd imagine a reset would probably cause a percentage to quit.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I am completely and utterly against reseting skills on epic.  Deeds, however I have no problem with.  It's pretty dang easy to recreate a deed and really hard to raise skills up to 70+.

• Like 6

honestly this http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117954-new-players-to-epic-servers/ is a really easy suggestion to helping the numbers if someone actually red the suggestion thread other then players. I know when i first started this game if i would of saw epic and it had a high skill gain and curve explained as well as what home servers are(not constant pvp) that is where i would start. And this is a a real easy thing to do. and ditch the challenge server it is a waste of recources and time that could be better spent fixing current issues that people are begging to be fixed in the suggestion section!!

"Although, if Epic is dying to the point even the staff are worried, then there cant be many invested players, Let alone "lots"."

if you look at the population of combined of the epic servers it exceeds that of chaos and i would say 90% of those people are invested players. most are ones who spend money with code club and have for a long time. So going for a short term in flux of players who "might" prem vs long time players who stay prem for the long term is not a wise choice

• Like 5

Ruiner that's not entirely true on epic you use a lot of alts to spy on the other servers, so the population is a lot more dilluted than you think.  For example, in my year of playing epic in 2012 I added around 100 people to my friends list.  As of today, none of those players stuck around.  So the retention rate of epic is really bad :P

Ruiner that's not entirely true on epic you use a lot of alts to spy on the other servers, so the population is a lot more dilluted than you think.  For example, in my year of playing epic in 2012 I added around 100 people to my friends list.  As of today, none of those players stuck around.  So the retention rate of epic is really bad :P

And people on Chaos don't use alts at all..............lol.

• Like 2

Rolf forget everyones whining, in the end its up to you - just do what you did on wild and get rid of the home servers on epic and tell people tough luck :)

I think new maps are cool, but it always seems they have the same effect... more people play for a few weeks maybe and then the population just dies down again.

I think a good solution is gradual changes. Instead of doing something that grabs everyone's attention (which they forget about in a week) like a map reset, make smaller changes that have a lasting impact.

Things like HotA, battle camps, capping towers, some valrei missions etc are really good activities. The ideas behind them might not be incredibly unique or special, but together those things have been the cause for a LOT of PvP on Elevation.

I think those small and little activities with "meh" rewards are good. Simple things almost everybody can do.

• Like 4

Rolf forget everyones whining, in the end its up to you - just do what you did on wild and get rid of the home servers on epic and tell people tough luck :)

and how did that work out for ya?

Just take away homeservers imo and maybe a facelift for the hota area and fix Valrei so we cant ###### it upp again

Edited by mrgbgbo

I think new maps are cool, but it always seems they have the same effect... more people play for a few weeks maybe and then the population just dies down again.

I think a good solution is gradual changes. Instead of doing something that grabs everyone's attention (which they forget about in a week) like a map reset, make smaller changes that have a lasting impact.

Things like HotA, battle camps, capping towers, some valrei missions etc are really good activities. The ideas behind them might not be incredibly unique or special, but together those things have been the cause for a LOT of PvP on Elevation.

I think those small and little activities with "meh" rewards are good. Simple things almost everybody can do.

The elevation map is ######, just look at the hota steppe. It will eventually turn into the old affliction. so it'll have to happen eventually why not just roll it into one overhaul.

Edited by Baultr

Lets take a look at Epic Population right now...

Serenity players 24/400

Desertion players 19/400

Affliction players 32/400

Elevation players 41/400

75 to 41 Home Servers win maybe elevation needs to go to Chaos......

I think if home server were taken out the only way to do that well would be a new xan size elevation with kingdom spawns equally apart and make towers and land borders worth fighting for

Lets take a look at Epic Population right now...

Serenity players 24/400

Desertion players 19/400

Affliction players 32/400

Elevation players 41/400

75 to 41 Home Servers win maybe elevation needs to go to Chaos......

Then there would probably be no pvp on epic if everyone left elevation, you might aswell call it another freedom cluster with pvp enabled.