Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Discuss Epic plz

From short explorations to Epic & Challenge I conclude that Epic is trying to put more of a meta-game to PvP than just bashing in heads, but fails to do so effectively. Many systems in place are either too random (selection of rulers), too biased (the valrei system), or not working at all (missions, hunted system). My assumptions are taken more from reading about these game mechanics than practical experience, though.

I personally would like to play within a system that encouraged political PvP, alliances of fiefdoms, changes of loyalty, if honor had its own rewards to curb mindless skirmishes/killing.

Why have inflexible kingdoms with uninteresting mechanics, where everybody is lumped into red, blue, black team? If people don't belong to the right circles they won't be trusted anyway - even if they happen to become king/emperor :). So why not overhaul the alliance system to make it hierarchical? An alliance of players could join into a wider alliance. This way people can stick with their own circles, and still build a bigger team. At the top level, these alliances pledge to one of the factions of PvP.

Implement some kind of political influence system where the influential alliance leaders get to distribute the factions' offices/champions/whatever. They can designate war targets (enemy deeds and alliances) and winning against those gains influence. Backstabbing other alliances of your faction has an influence cost. Placing a guard tower has an influence cost, holding a deed gives influence. There could be political missions to kill a certain number of enemies (either globally or at XYZ), or just to produce goods for the factions' benefit. Each political mission gains influence for your alliance (which trickles upward the alliance hierarchy), but has no effect in a faction vs faction perspective.

I think a suggested segregation of zones (very safe, reasonable safe but raidable, warzone/borderlands) what currently constitutes home servers vs elevation would be interesting to have on one server (as there are too little tools to communicate effectively in-game cross-server). Perhaps these could shift over time if a faction didn't keep up its border deeds.

In an immersive PvP world it should be totally viable to play as a peasant or merchant profiting (or suffering) from the conflict without either being exposed to head-on PvP all the time or being secluded in some corner that is totally disconnected from the events of the fighting. You'd worry about the politics and the war, all that stuff that the nobles (or tyrants) are up to, but more in terms of how it would affect your business or freedom. Is that a pipe dream? :)

Edited by Marshlander
  • Like 2

It's funny how fast all the PVE people say, OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY GET RID OF THE PVE PPL. But it's a great idea all of a sudden to say "Hey why not just spend less time on the pvp side of the game." 

First there was Wild to which a lot of changes and accommodations were made to being it to the Chaos status. Not getting into the history of item transfers to PvE servers at this point, as well as other "accommodations".

Then the cluster of Epic servers was created with their very convenient travel option from any Freedom Isles server by simply building a portal anywhere on these servers that would allow travel back and forth to it hourly. Yet this portal travel option is considered taboo for the PvE servers. Add onto this their advanced skill gains and later special items not obtainable on the PvE servers.

Now this latest Challenge server with very rapid skill gains and building options, as well as prizes, titles and silver coins which can be transferred to any server desired.

Yet all these efforts have led to dwindling interest and Epic not fulfilling its true potential (per your words). Possibly the potential that you envision is actually not there? Something to consider after all these special perks and accommodations that you have made to sustain the pvp portion of the game. I am not suggesting to eliminate pvp but to put such focus and special perks added to it seems not the best use of time, as exhibited by your observations.

I am reminded here of some TV shows where business owners continue pursue their vision of how it should be structured and operated when the results indicate that they should adjust them into a different direction in order to succeed. Hopefully Wurm will live long and prosper as the PvE game continues upon its progressive course.

=Ayes=

The way I see it, there are plenty of people interested in pvp. The real problem is they are too split up. Hence server consolidation or something like this. But it is hilarious how long pve ppl claim pvp ppl are trying to get them "forced out" and then you say this... LOLOL

What do you consider the best use of his time? Tapestries and trellises? Not game mechanics?

there has been suggestions about Elevation receiving a (map) reset for quite a while now. The population on Epic doesn't seem helped by the Challenge servers and Epic is dwindling not fulfilling it's potential.

Please make suggestions on how you think we could change Elevation and possibly the other Epic servers in order to make them more interesting.

Now what do you want? Do you want to make Epic better or Elevation better? These two questions are not the same.

At large 3 of the 4 Epic servers work just fine. Sandbox PvP-enabled servers, you got that right. These 3 servers don't need all that HotA, Valrei, demigod stuff. You might as well remove that all and hardly anybody on these 3 servers will even notice.

And then there's this little island called Elevation ... where a few competitive people run around killing each other complaining that there are not enough people to kill. No big surprise here, few competitive people will play a game like Wurm, most competitive people prefer games with a better combat system and a much faster pace. Elevation is the odd one, the least sandboxy of all Wurm servers probably.

Thus you want to make Epic better and increase it's popularity? That's easy enough then. Just delete Elevation, remove all the HotA stuff, remove the whole Valrei system, remove all these terra-forming events. It's easy, makes the code leaner and has no major drawbacks. The worst thing that could happen is that you lose 20 or 30 players. That's it.

• Like 1

Oh and Rolf skillgain bonuses for newbies to catch up is without question better done using a modification of the curve rather than a % increase across the board.

Becouse that is the goal of increasing skillgain, to get new people quicker into action and to be able to produce decent stuff, right?

Then modify the curve so the initial skillgain is higher and as levels progress the bonus is reduced.

0be27bfbc5.png

By the way, Incase you weren't aware Rolf, characteristics are just as important as skills, so without those increased newbies will still die left and right and feel weak... cuz they are.

And lastly... Those newbies will still get hammered on in pvp due to lack of meditation path bonuses (which are insane comparable to every other bonus in the game)

• Like 2

I think a suggested segregation of zones (very safe, reasonable safe but raidable, warzone/borderlands) what currently constitutes home servers vs elevation would be interesting to have on one server (as there are too little tools to communicate effectively in-game cross-server). Perhaps these could shift over time if a faction didn't keep up its border deeds.

In an immersive PvP world it should be totally viable to play as a peasant or merchant profiting (or suffering) from the conflict without either being exposed to head-on PvP all the time or being secluded in some corner that is totally disconnected from the events of the fighting. You'd worry about the politics and the war, all that stuff that the nobles (or tyrants) are up to, but more in terms of how it would affect your business or freedom. Is that a pipe dream? :)

It generally gets ignored, but there's some of us who have discussed our vision of Wurm running udner conditions like these.

A single world where everyone would live and play as it suited them. You'd need a layered area of influence to designate completely safe areas, those where you can become a non lootable victim of violence outside of you deed, an area where you and your deed are vulnerable to limited raid and looting, a border area where you have completely open full loot pvp and maybe a no mans land where short term battle camps could be setup as launch pads for skirmishing or full on invasions of enemy territory further in land.

All this with shifting areas of influence determined by conquests, removal of towers etc so border settlements could find themselves eventually situated within "safer" territory or those who had originally settled in a non raidable location suddenly finding themselves within an area where limited raiding is now a possibility.

Of course, the completely safe areas should never be over run to keep the strictly pve compliment happy but elsewhere the overall effect of alliances, kingdoms or even loosely affiliated villages should contribute to the ever changing area of influence maps.

It would suit everbodys tastes so long as there were real benefits to living in a conflict zone or pushing back the enemies influence. Perhaps bonuses to skill gains or rarity rolls from those living on the borderlands where they are vulnerable to attack?

This sort of thing IMO on a single huge server where everyone could choose their own path would be the ideal way forward. 

• Like 2

It's funny how fast all the PVE people say, OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY GET RID OF THE PVE PPL. But it's a great idea all of a sudden to say "Hey why not just spend less time on the pvp side of the game." 

The way I see it, there are plenty of people interested in pvp. The real problem is they are too split up. Hence server consolidation or something like this. But it is hilarious how long pve ppl claim pvp ppl are trying to get them "forced out" and then you say this... LOLOL

What do you consider the best use of his time? Tapestries and trellises? Not game mechanics?

This isn't a PVE vs PVP discussion. That's now why this thread exists. It's for ideas. Rolf is just as interested WHY people aren't currently interested in PVP as anything else. A lot of people have provided those 'whys', as well as what would encourage them to try PVP. So let's please not turn this into (yet another) PVP vs PVE micturating contest.

Though I have said if one server gets wiped, they should ALL get wiped. Tabula Rasa. Clean slate. Nothing more fair than that, all across the board.

How about doing other things instead of removing home servers. Tons of people said things like "I love the feeling that I might get raided, there could be pvp at any time. I just don't want to do that 24/7." 

So why not make smaller changes. 

Merchants on home servers no longer safe. Can be taken from. 

Valrei missions and items no longer allowed to occur on the home servers. (No karma, no points for reward.) Obviously this involves changing the influence each elevation mission would have because if not it would take too long to complete a senario. (I know this just sounds like a way to keep "home server ppl" from getting karma but its not. It's an incentive to come to a more pvp heavy area. Which is what a ton of ppl said he should do. If you want the karma/points/valrei items, you make a trip to ele and have some fun and get them and then go home.

Take the home servers and put them (COMPLETELY INTACT AND THE SAME) on the same "Server" as elevation. Eliminates the boarders, removes the 30% CR nerf for going there. Could also do something like new accounts have a 2 week CR buff or something like that, so they don't get picked on by the older accounts. They still get to be there own place and thing, just not AS safe as before because enemies don't get a nerf coming to see them. This also eliminates the hated /who boarder crossing problem. It also removes the "jump the boarder and karma" thing that people seem to hate. It's literally no different as far as land mass, just everyone together on /who and CR. Also the Valrei thing could still happen the same way as above, just still only that one island gets them, the missions can be completed only in that area. 

And if people don't want an ele map reset, how about a hota area reset, and eliminate possibility of items having an effect on the area in the future. The same way they can't be used in any kingdom influence.

Again these are just ideas none of them need to happen or don't. Just more ideas to ponder. Gives IMO more "danger" (the possibility of danger) to home servers, and more incentive to elevation and pvp. 

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 1

I made a perfectly reasonable suggestion post in this thread yesterday and it was summarily deleted so...yea.  Apparently not all opinions are welcome.

I will however re-iterate - fix bugs, polish the game, revamp the new player experience so we retain new players, and then invest in marketing/advertising.  Changes to skills, maps, resets or otherwise, won't solve the underlying big picture problem.

• Like 1

The main thing we're trying to fix is still population. stay true to your path Amber. Remove homeservers!

Give us the ability to copy our skills to the main cluster. That'll put the nail in epics coffin and chaos will have an infusion of new players.Faster skill gain for epic just feels terrible. I cant think of anything compelling that'll keep epic doing decent while being the middle ground between permanent pvp and connected to EVERYTHING and challenges temp pvp with giant bag of goodies. 

Full Suggestion

I have read a lot of the suggestions here and attempting to create the best overall solution. I have broken up each component that has been asked for and turn them in to a full productive and explained idea.

• Xanadu sized PMK server

This map although comes with its extra travel time does open up more space for breaking up the "zerg". It also creates a greater depth of diplomacy with in the game adjustments would need to be made so all kingdoms can ally to whom they want including WL to BL. This diversity will create a non stagnant ever changing environment.

•   1 BL + 1 WL homeserver

People encourage more people to play, then they stay as they have people to play with. Consolidates numbers + time to rebuild/recruit for a pmk. In addition to this it gives the few players that don't overly wish to pvp a place to stay. Now due to the huge increase in numbers that will be on both servers as there would be no default kingdoms only pmks which tend to be a great deal smaller. the CR nerf could be removed/reduced increasing the risk of being fought but also providing another place to pvp.

• Improving the imp rate(at higher skills) Bigger bonuses for titles?

Faster gear creation, faster turn round to pvp again. Twice the current rate would be perfect in my opinion. One of the worst things about dying is the time it takes to make or be given new gear. an additional option would be to have this bonus increased further bay the land a pmk owns on the new elevation. This will create a greater reward for having more land.

•  Land control

Have % land control give extra sleep bonus gained e.g. own 10% of the land gain 10% extra sleep bonus on using a bed.

• Bring back calf shots

These where very effective back on wild for taking any player down, including the stronger accounts..

• Smaller hota area similar to cauldrons

Forcing the players to commit, by dropping , I would also change hota to a time based king of the hill. Adjusting it to a % of time you control this point will give you a % of the reward. This would mean each party who held the point at anytime would get atleast some reward. Only the overall winner gets the +1ql. 

• Adjust epic events, adding in once a month mission cluster wide such as kill X, Drain Village Z. 

To create extra pvp, events like this would encourage defenders and attackers to complete it. Defenders would receive 500 karma for not being drained. Raiders receive 1000 karma for full drain. Same for kill.  

• Return drake and scale to be Imped with leather

There are very few sets this would encourage the creation and use bringing a greater variance beyond plate, glimmer or addy plate. This is also to use the assets that the art team have spent vast amounts of time creating. Even with this due to the new dragon drop rates Drake and Scale would still be hugely rare.

• Boat ql to effect ship speed

With a larger map you will need to travel around more so maybe a 25% increase in speed for 100ql boat curving down plus an additional 5%, 7.5% 10% increase for rare, supreme, fantastic.

• Add challenge to Epic

This may at first glance look insane but this is how i would adjust it to create a symbiotic relationship.

Challenge remains free and has at very most 6x Epic skill + curve.

Last one month (effectively 6 months of epic time). Remains open for 2 weeks to vacate(one way) this also give time for the next challenge to be readied (same map if need be just reset)

Players can then transfer on premium directly to the new elevation map with items if the cross to the south of the border or teleport with inventory only to one of the 2 home sever depending on there WL/BL counter part.

What this would do is give everyone the ability to try pvp for free and be able to fight on a level playing field for a time. On crossing to epic they don't start from nothing and can defend themselves straight from the get go immediately providing new pvpers and new potential recruits to a non static server. Any kingdom can pick them up and use these extra numbers at anytime or it will increase the number of players on each of the home servers. This creates room for epic and challenge to work symbiotically. It will also create new revenue form thos that do prem up to leave the server.

Edit

Added land control

Edited by JockII

Nothing will ever change my mind on removing homeservers, also dont want a pmk server, also dont want challenge on epic, the rest of the suggestions are fine. 

Nothing will ever change my mind on removing homeservers, also dont want a pmk server, also dont want challenge on epic, the rest of the suggestions are fine. 

Personally would like to not have freedom but this isn't about what i want its about what epic needs.

Merchants on home servers no longer safe. Can be taken from.

Removes markets, does nothing to incentive pvp, hurts new players.

Valrei missions and items no longer allowed to occur on the home servers. (No karma, no points for reward.) Obviously this involves changing the influence each elevation mission would have because if not it would take too long to complete a senario. (I know this just sounds like a way to keep "home server ppl" from getting karma but its not. It's an incentive to come to a more pvp heavy area. Which is what a ton of ppl said he should do. If you want the karma/points/valrei items, you make a trip to ele and have some fun and get them and then go home.

That is totally a "I dont want people who live on home servers to get karma/items"

Not sure how having to go to elevation to cut down a tree or kill some cows is "fun"

Valrei is a system everyone can participate in, and is supposed to be.

Take the home servers and put them (COMPLETELY INTACT AND THE SAME) on the same "Server" as elevation. Eliminates the boarders, removes the 30% CR nerf for going there. Could also do something like new accounts have a 2 week CR buff or something like that, so they don't get picked on by the older accounts. They still get to be there own place and thing, just not AS safe as before because enemies don't get a nerf coming to see them. This also eliminates the hated /who boarder crossing problem. It also removes the "jump the boarder and karma" thing that people seem to hate. It's literally no different as far as land mass, just everyone together on /who and CR. Also the Valrei thing could still happen the same way as above, just still only that one island gets them, the missions can be completed only in that area.

So allow f2p on elevation, make home servers not actually a place for you to start, but a landmass literally anyone can take over, excuse me while I go drop a pmk on jkh and surround strongbox.

Making everything one server creates a lot more problems then it solves, simply making /who serverwide and removing the cr nerf is an simpler fix.

increasing skillgain on Epic to 1/8th to 1/2 of the Challenge skillgain rate

/Rolf

In my opinion, i do not think skill gain and the skill gap was a major reason for people losing interest in epic.  The main reason Epic got stale is because of the very rigid social and political structure known as kingdoms.  Kingdoms take half the sand out of the sandbox.  My proposals are:

1. Get rid of Kingdoms.  Every village is default at war with any other, unless the villages are in an alliance.  Adds in a social and political element to pvp that is now lacking.

2.  Get rid of local.  It makes no sense and is detrimental to pvp, as people will only battle when they think they have the upper hand.  Odds of both sides feeling this way is low.

3.  One epic server.  I don't think home servers added enough to the epic experience to make them worth while.

4.  No Meditation.  This is the only aspect that made new players or casuals really feel like they did not have a chance in hell.

• Like 1

So allow f2p on elevation, make home servers not actually a place for you to start, but a landmass literally anyone can take over, excuse me while I go drop a pmk on jkh and surround strongbox.

That's actually a neat idea. Free to play elevation, Home servers turned into prem only servers, with landmass anyone can control, + no CR nerf.

How about doing other things instead of removing home servers. Tons of people said things like "I love the feeling that I might get raided, there could be pvp at any time. I just don't want to do that 24/7." 

So why not make smaller changes. 

Take the home servers and put them (COMPLETELY INTACT AND THE SAME) on the same "Server" as elevation. Eliminates the boarders, removes the 30% CR nerf for going there. p. 

As outlying islands...sure.  Xanadu has proven this possible in terms of server horsepower, tiles etc.

Edited by Ikeprof

In my opinion, i do not think skill gain and the skill gap was a major reason for people losing interest in epic. The main reason Epic got stale is because of the very rigid social and political structure known as kingdoms. Kingdoms take half the sand out of the sandbox. My proposals are:

1. Get rid of Kingdoms. Every village is default at war with any other, unless the villages are in an alliance. Adds in a social and political element to pvp that is now lacking.

2. Get rid of local. It makes no sense and is detrimental to pvp, as people will only battle when they think they have the upper hand. Odds of both sides feeling this way is low.

3. One epic server. I don't think home servers added enough to the epic experience to make them worth while.

4. No Meditation. This is the only aspect that made new players or casuals really feel like they did not have a chance in hell.

1. Don't see how it'd help

2. I have literally ran straight past people before so unless I spam my pendulum I'd never find people.

3. Agreed Cr nerfs and server borders are dumb.

4. It is an endgame feature it should have some power.

That's actually a neat idea. Free to play elevation, Home servers turned into prem only servers, with landmass anyone can control, + no CR nerf.

The idea was merge them all into one map, effectively turning epic into chaos 2.0, good luck being a base kingdom when someone can drop a pmk at your starter deed.

Turning home servers premium only and having elevation be f2p makes no sense at all, it would both make home servers pretty much pointless (copies of elevation with ore nerfs) and make it much harder to gain any players.

Edited by Kagrenac

HOW TO IMPROVE WURM

A ADVERTISE.

I'm not an expert in online game advertising, but I'm sure others are and can help with free, cost efficient, effective and alternative ways to get the game more known. Facebook and Twitter advertising, recent success or Minecraft and similarities and history between Minecraft, Wurm Online, Notch and Rolf could be a few idea's though. Or even a sticker for the car - many car owners advertise for their favorite sports team, is it too far fetched doing the same for their favorite game somehow? Probably silly suggestions but advertising somehow is needed to increase the player base, both on Freedom and on Epic. We're all different communities and kingdoms in-game, but we're all Wurmians that should stick together and help improving Wurm Online in all area's. 

No point taking current players from 2 clusters, that being Freedom incl Chaos, or from any of the Epic kingdom's, to a third cluster, namely Challenge, before A is in place and providing a steady flow of new players that over time help increasing over all player base.

B MONTHLY E-MAIL UPDATES to former and existing players. We already have a weekly update from RedBaron, combine those once each month and send out a monthly e-mail, there is a huge proportion of players that literally never read forums. Time to remind former players why a lot of them stuck to   and tried Wurm in the first place.

C LET'S SHARE SOME NEWS Let active players know when the weekly arrive, use the Event tab once a week for it, as already used for when a serious bug suddenly appear. Time to use this to something positive and entice more players to become aware of the forums with a weekly reminder on current and upcoming updates.

D IN-GAME SURVEY Give away 1 to 2 free sleep powder for an in-game survey once to each player that have played 30 days or more or created the account before a certain time etc. Don't be afraid making it a 4, 5 or longer survey, make it optional. Learn about Your current player base in detail and use that increased knowledge like other companies do.

E Do not change skill rate on any of the established clusters, the 2 different skill timers are part of what help make Wurm unique and interesting. Not everything need to be changed to improve a game.

EPIC WURM IMPROVEMENTS mainly from a home server perspective (never played Challenge, Freedom or Chaos so I'll refrain from suggesting on those though some suggestions might work there too)

1 UPDATE PRICES ON TRADERS It's about time the prices got an overhaul after we've seen some changes to how traders work and how we acquire Sleeping Powders by buying premium time etc.

A: Sleeping Powders: Adjust the trader price to fit in with how much players pay other players for Sleeping Powders after it was introduced that buying premium time through the Wurm shop now include 1 per month purchased. 5 silver is too much now, 2 silver or around there is 0,5 - 1 silver above the price player to player price on Epic and seem to have settled there, yet will be low enough for players that need an urgent Sleeping Powder or 3 to think about buying from Traders again.

B: Trader Contract: Change Trader Contracts to Barterer Contracts, let them work the excact same way as Trader Contracts with a few exceptions. No ratio on Barterer Contracts and no possible way to earn silver on a Barterer and price dropped to 20 - 25 silver. A Barterer is an enticement to a deed and   community to offer additional services such as the Traders were supposed to work. A Barterer can be dismissed the same way as a Merchant, by the player that placed the Barterer. Barterers will sell 40- 50  quality armor, leather to plate, and iron weapons, which for a new player is a very good quality armor to help new individual players and new player communities to an easier start in Epic Wurm. Armor and weapon's on Barterer's can not be improved and the price should reflect that so it mainly will be for new or returning players.

C: REDUCE THE COST OF RESURRECTION STONES to 2 - 3 silver, a lot of players have a limited budget and play time, we have already seen portals directly to Elevation.

2 KEEP CURRENT TRADERS purchased by players in the past as Traders, let them work the way they currently work but further Traders can not be purchased, only Barterers.

3 CHANGE SPIRIT TEMPLAR PRICES so freedom and epic pay the same for templars. Maybe a different maximum limit is needed for Epic deed's instead as to prevent spoiling it for raiders. As a new player unsure where to start, Freedom or Epic, atleast give those new players an equal chance financial to make up their mind.

4 IMPROVE VALREI so Epic players straight from the beginning learn that it is an vital part of Epic.  Make the Mission Progress bar visible at all times. Repair, fix, improve the current mission structure, do what   ever it takes. We currently have 1 black-light kingdom and 2 white-light, why? Let's have red, purple and blue light kingdoms instead to follow the current banner and tabard colors. Give each kingdom their own light on Elevation to convert to priests. Get rid of either Fo or Vynora on Valrei as an active JK mission structure and instead let the leftover Deity(or maybe a neutral deity instead) have missions on Elevation only. Those missions can be completed by any kingdom and the kingdom completing the mission get the benefit from it.

5 IMPROVE PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER COMBAT. This should probably have been number 1. How I'm not sure, but there have been plenty suggestions on the forums over time. Something need to be done. Pvp in Wurm is lacking behind most other games which is a shame as the potentional for a truely great PvP, or should I say KvK, experience is there. I have heard many many home server players mention they could not play Freedom as that would take away the entire reason for improving ceretain skills and fortifications yet do rarely engage in PvP as they find it boring due to the fact that so many other games out there provide much better combat systems. 

6 CHANGE KINGDOMS Make it harder to change , longer times between possibility of converting to another kingdom, all players from from the same e-mail address or IP address to automatically transfer over too, not sure how to be honest, but the issue about enemy alts have always been too big a part of Epic Wurm and will continue to be so, even for new players that just happens to have created a player name by pure coincidence that somehow remind older players of another player from an enemy kingdom.

7 As already seen many many others have had plenty other and\or similar solutions, use that feedback please.

• Like 9

Now that youve heard so many responses rolf, i think we would like to hear what your ideas and opinions of what you think you should do are. 

IMO  Epic needs an end game.. not a month or whatever Challenge is, but a true win that takes teamwork and perseverance.

My suggestions below:

•  Map reset. No skill resets. Instead, implement skill gain bonuses to new players.

Remove excess servers. Epic should be one server that is slightly larger than Elevation.

No skill loss - none at all. 

No gear loss - This will be hard to convince people, since loot is a sweet way to replenish your weapons cache. 

This is how I would reward and hurt those in PVP battle. Instead of dropping gear, you drop relics. These relics can be turned into a Relic Master that is located at start towns. The Relic Master will have an inventory of gear and items that you can trade your relics for. The loser of the battles keep their skills and gear, but there is a quality loss on all gear. You lose 10 quality per death. Also, you are tainted by an aura that reduces your combat skills by 50% for 10 minutes (This aura will not happen if death happens within your deed).

Lot of good suggestions in this thread. This is probably my favorite for overall player retention (both old and new) while still improving Epic drastically. 

Just remember that characteristics also have a huge impact on overall game play as well as PvP (iirc zeke mentioned this) and they could also use a boost.  Other than that, taking care of the aforementioned bug fixes, fixes to the systems that are already in place but aren't functioning correctly/well (valrei etc.) would be great.

If a server consolidation is chosen, and Epic gets a full map reset with all three kingdoms (plus PMK's) into one map, you should really take the time to create a custom map. And a lot of TLC should go into that map. I'm not implying just placing clay, tar, etc in nice spots around the map. I mean the map should be created with PvP in mind, (choke points for battles etc.) This has all been suggested before and there are some really nice thoroughly written posts on it. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/116481-new-epic/#entry1190413 This is a good read.

The idea was merge them all into one map, effectively turning epic into chaos 2.0, good luck being a base kingdom when someone can drop a pmk at your starter deed.

Turning home servers premium only and having elevation be f2p makes no sense at all, it would both make home servers pretty much pointless (copies of elevation with ore nerfs) and make it much harder to gain any players.

Your acting as if that can't be changed. What im proposing is a much bigger and promising concept that has proven it works time n time again. Its essentially Gang Warfare. You've seen it appear on evony, planetside 2, APB reloaded, Various rts games. Its proven its a promising concept, And im proposing to rolf is to turn epic into just that. All home servers into what elevation is, If the home server turns into a PMK, so be it, Its their choice, If people dislike that a new "gang" appeared in desertion, Do something about it. That's what epic is about isn't it? Encouraging players to PvP and get out their. 

Edited by akaedis