Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Discuss Epic plz

People play epic because the chaos mentality of exploiting and cheating we hate.

Epic should either have elevation reset with a new map, or a new chaos sized epic map with a ele-sized middle islands and outlying 2048 or outlying Half that size islands and island chains for the people who like pvp but not being inthe thick of it to live.

The problem is people on the homeservers ( 2/3rds of epic) play a minor pvp game, people on ele ( 1/3rd of epic) hate homeservers with a burning passion.

A new map where homeservers would be outlying smaller islands but still on one big map would be cool.

The epic skill gain is fine, the curve rocks. The issue with challenge is it goes too fast and you do more crafting than pvp.

The best idea I've had is wipe freedom/epic and put a pvp cluster and a pve cluster of the same skill gain/curve as epic is now, so you can go back and forth but only through portals where the only thing that crosses is skills.

Then you link the communities whilst maintaining the markets and not having a influx of pvp-related monopolization of the pve cluster like chaos does.

And by the way, GOD NATHAN ALREADY.

If you ( Rolf ) would like to know what would make wurm better in the long run, my second ( new clusters, wipe old, connect only thru portals) idea would be the best.

• Like 1

Epic's population isn't actually "too" bad in my opinion, considering the population is split over 4 servers (110 players currently) and i personally feel that having 1 slightly larger map would be better although you will lose a few people who openly admit they are here for the skillgain which i am happy about. Also you should take a look at the hota zone and all its lovely craters which should never have been added.

Edited by Baultr
  • Like 2

One thing that seems clear is our number of servers are far too many, making thin player counts on each server, which is bad for the game.  People play MMO games because of the social aspect.  So I propose:

1. Close  all but the single most popular PvE and PvP servers, then add a new large PvE and PvP server.

2. Anyone on a collapsed server that had existing deeds, will get an ingame credit (non tradable) of some amount that is in relation to their existing deed size and length of time deeded (longer time deeded, more work will have been put into it over the years).

3. Credit can be used to buy new deed and apply to upkeep.

4. Any characters on servers that can't travel to the remaining servers will just get wiped, but skill credits will be issued and can be used to "rebuild" on the remaining servers.  This one requires some deep thinking to make sure it is implemented in a fair way that can't be abused or doesn't screw over the player.

5. For those that were forced to lose their homes and move, give a 1 sec action timer that can be used for 3 days. Player can turn on and off, like SB. 

Probably a ton I am not addressing, but I've been a huge fan of consolidating servers, since Xanadu was announced.  Every other MMO will reduce servers to increase player density, as the MMO ages.  Wurm is the only one I have seen that just keeps adding new servers and thinning player count, making it feel like a ghost town all the time.  It just feels dead.  When a game feels dead, people go elsewhere to try something crowded and exciting.  When it is crowded, people tend to want to buy bigger deeds to protect the land around them.  Wen there is nothing but untouched land for kilometers in any direction, why do anything more than a minimal deed?  That is bad game economy.

Remove the /who and player Counts on epic cluster.

Remove CR nerf on home servers

If the resets were done in the start of Epic like they were supposed to be none of this would be a issue right now. Merging toons from Epic to Freedom would also not be a option. Those toons do not belong on any other cluster besides their own. The skill gain increase sealed that fate and i really doubt it could be coded to reverse all the extra skill gain earned and be fair to the people of Epic or Freedom.

I rather like the PVE servers the way they are now with people spread out. I never could see the appeal to having tons of people around you in a game that inspires wilderness living. Perhaps all you people who like massive amounts of players around them should all make a thread to find a spot so you can all live together.

• Like 2

I personally think it is in too far a stage to make massive changes, so the best thing would be to optimize. 

After reading the thread, my little thoughts:

• First and foremost: Switching epic players to chaos or freedom is NOT a good idea. It would effectively kill off most of the epic playerbase subscriptions. Freedom and epic is a very different game, and 99% of everyone who is proposing this is currently not playing on epic.
  • Do not close down servers. 99% of the people requesting this does not play (primarily) on the servers they are proposing to close down. It is pretty easy to advice a closing of servers you have no interest in at all and I am sure if you would propose to close down their servers they would go berserk too.
  • No skill resets period.
  • No changes in skillgain.

The thread currently makes me sad, seeing most people only try to better their own little world and playstyle rather then make epic better in its whole. So Ill give a few of my few suggestions which are not just ridiculously silly and one sided.

• Use the in-game poll system to determine if a map reset for elevation (or any other) is needed. I know some people will dislike this, but it has been spoken about a lot and polling opinions might be interesting. Only let people who belong to a settlement on the server vote.
  • Do something about the server /who stats. Either make it global, or make it update once every 30 minutes.
  • Valrei is supposed to be one of the big unique things for epic, and it is currently not working as intended. Annoying missions that often only serve to piss each other off (Fo asks you to kill your friends horse he has since 2 years and loves to bits) and impossible ones are just one of the many things that seem to not work right. Give some dev time to Valrei.

-------

The suggestion below is a little thought I had, maybe I shouldnt have put it in this post, it is not that important and irrelevant to big changes needed to epic, but just an idea I had. Ignore it for most part, if it does not speak to you. It is not that important, just a thought I had about making raiding less tedious and unpromote safe mines and minehops that seem to happen a lot

My own little suggestion would also be to look at minedoors. I personally think they make no sense. A little flat piece of rock that magically opens for some and stays closed for others. The fact that one minedoor of 90 QL is a stronger defense then 5 layers of 90 QL stone walls seems really weird. Make minedoors behave like regular doors, with a lock and/or make them catapultable. To compensate for this, announce this change well in advance so people can adjust their deed defense to it and give minedoors boat-level lockpick difficulty.

-------

Still, I think the one thing that would make lots of people happy all over the place, and not just epic, is taking care of the memory leak once and for all.

Just my 2 cents from someone who has played on epic only.

Edited by Viti
  • Like 11

Oo4Nhyo.png

Simplify pvp by a lot.

its just so over the top complicated that it becomes a borefest to learn the metagaming mechanics to succesfully pvp

Valrei: get rid of it

leaderboards: for missions (revamp missions with doable stuff in an hour or so, people have a life, and wurm suck your life if you want to be good at pvp or pve

leaderboards also for most pvp kils in a day, week, month, all time. and have leaerboards accesible from ingame or forums easily so people have those bragging rights. and a permanent record of all a player has done on pvp

leader boards for deed and tower conquering also.

not many more than those maybe give a title for each and thats it. start giving titles for everything including most emotes done and they start losing value, like whats happening in challenge i guess.

token drainin only drains x amount of points per day, maybe divided by deed tiles, no money taken and when lose all token points deed owner gets coffers and maybe half deed cost back, and maybe divided by time deed was old, and old deed will lose all deed cost a new deed would get 75% of deed cost back for example. newbies can make costly mistakes lol. maybe max loss at 3 or 6 months

all those mask prizes and helmets, put them in the wurm shop

one big elevation like deli or half indy and no ridiculous skycraper mountains or 1000 lakes, get rid of kingdom islands. hota in the middle and a 4 corner server with 4 capitals 3 wl 1 bl

make all pvp intuitive

priests combat spells with a mana bar that replenishes fast over time with no favor use. save favor for enchanting weapons and stuff like that.

also make priest have a clear cut offensive spell and defensive spell arsenal. rock, paper scissor style, and simple

1vs1 anyone should have a chance at winning. difference being enchant on weapons armor or spell buffs, in other words more realistic.

superpowers: get rid of them.  locate, nolocate, teleport, fastwalking, that item that gives you a chance to keep stuff at dieing

if you find yourself in the heat of battle you either fight or run with a horse or your legs

give gear real meaning weapons armor etc. and i mean a mathematical formula for them. not opinions in forums. for example

cloth armor    5% glance at 50ql    20% speed

leather           10%                         15%

chain              15%                         10%

plate               20%                         0%.

numbers are just an example but not far off. and just 2 categories glance and block, not all that poison and stuff thats in that chart that came out some time ago

drake scale ada, glimmer seryll etc  a buff against mobs, otherwise  they act a leather for drake and as plate for the others.

same with weapons speed vs damage. if someone likes to rip someone with a sickle to bypass the max heals then make heal spells like cotton that can run a stack of small wounds ( or make a counter for it instead of nerfing )

if i ambush someone with an arrow i should be able to win, but if its 2 or 3 people then i should be in trouble. dont take the usefulness out of items by adding debuffs and penalties to everything. every item should have an advantage for the style of player.

stealth shoud allow the player to really stealth and tracking  should work for that, if you track a player it should unstealth him.

and on and on, just make it more simple to join and start pvping without having to rely on the back of a village to start.

i mean a single player wont do much but should be able to kill another if he hits first and with some but not a lot of tactics.

deed vs deed or kingdom vs kingdom will find their own strategies to fight if you simplify it, but if everything is encumbered theres only one way to win by metagaming.

player versus the learning pvp curve it is right now.

tl;dr

simplify it

and sorry for the picture lol its what came to mind.  when pvp suffers pve suffers too. instability on one end destabilizes the other end.

good luck with whatever you decide to do and hopefully i didnt ramble on too much and got the gist of my thoughts across, im not the best communicator (doh)

(putting on my umbrella just in case)

• Like 1

+1 to Viti! Not sure how I feel about the mine door thing but everything else is right on imo.

Griffith lost me at get rid of valrei

Valrei has so much potential to be fantastic, it just needs a lot of love to fix it and it needs to be made a lot more fair in the effort/reward department. Anyone who has spent any decent amount of time devoted to pushing their god/s to win only to watch the reward go to the guy that did one thing, or the guy that broke into his mates house to kill that (yet again) one horse ect ect time and time again year after year will understand this and im pretty sure no one else could understand

• Like 7

The issue is that players are joining one of the main servers and not elevation.  In fact, from my experience a few years back most people avoided elevation and treated epic like a pve server and just built their city, and grinded their skills.  The problem with this was that the population on epic was much lower than the PVE servers, and so it ended up that there wasn't enough people playing/sticking around to really develop a community, and so most players quit in short periods of time.

I would recommend that you remove all the servers and create one big server, like Xanadu.  Have each faction spawn equal distance from each other and force them to live together on the same map.  This would create a lot of interesting situations where you're out exploring/hunting whatever and you come across enemies and need to fight or flight.  

You really have to force people to pvp by putting them on the same map.  Allowing people to turtle and hide on their own individual maps isn't good.

Also remove drake spirits and nogumps.  They are a serious problem to keeping the populations healthy.  I played for a year on affliction and even my end of the year in life on that server was spent getting my butt kicked by random drakespirits walking through buildings.  When I first started out, I almost quit because a drakespirit was literally sitting on top my city and I couldn't log in for like a week or it'd just kill me over and over it seemed to be rubber banding to my base.   They are stupid, horrible creatures that made many new players I recruited to my city quit.

As far as Cauldron goes, you're going about it the wrong way.  A two week reset is terrible.  No one wants to play for two weeks and quit.  The community has been asking for a server that resets every 6 months or year that is PVE or PVP based for as long as i've been coming to these forums, they never asked for two weeks.  The reason people want a server that resets is because they enjoy the beginning land rush and skill grind that occurs when everyone is competing for top dog.  One of the problems with the main servers is there's no shake up of who's on top, it's always static.  Even on the PVP servers there are people who are known for their equipment and stats.  So a server like this would appeal to a lot of the people you're trying to reach with Cauldron. 

The rewards for this new server would be simple - points would be awarded end of map based on skill dump, and you could earn points by submitting high ql or rare items to a vendor that would transfer them into points for weekly competitions such as building competitions for carpentry, blacksmithy, etc.  This way it wouldn't just be about high ql but also volume, allowing lower skill players to compete.  Make this new reset server premium free, and at the end of the reset allow the characters to transfer over to the normal PVE or PVP servers and keep their stats/skills but make them go premium if they want to have more than 20 across the board.  This would get people hooked, and then they'd have to switch over and pay and play on the normal server if they wanted to continue with their character.

Edited by sweatygopher
  • Like 1

I havent played wurm for a couple months. i started out on Epic, then went to Xanadu, then stopped playing. Just checked the forums and saw this topic.

I've felt like this topic needed to be addressed as a priority for quite a while now so its great to see a thread on it.

Thoughts: It is great to take a gauge of the playerbase and ask them to provide ideas--and simply take the pulse of the PVP population. However, because the stakes are so high and so many people are so invested in their characters/kingdoms its totally impossible to get *any* form of consensus about what changes to make. Ultimately, Code Club will have to make an intentional decision that they feel is best to revive and maintain the health of PVP in Wurm. I'll provide a business-based opinion from a long term game-design-to-business-model point of view:

• Wurm is a sandbox open world MMO with a *very* small population of players
  • Amongst this small population of subscribers and free to play customers PVP players represent a minority
  • Amongst this small minority of PVP players there are several niche demographic-type of players, these are some of the more prominent:

(1) long-term slow grinders that love to build deeds and focus on skills (but also love to help defend and PVP)

(2) High intensity PVP players that are very competitive and get a huge dopamine rush from high stakes and fast combat

(3) People that love the constant 'threat' of PVP on a PVP-enabled server for the added immersion and realism but, who, for the most part rarely take place in PVP (this is likely one of the largest groups of players)

(4) Highly social players that love the very close-knit communities and strong relationships and friendships that build over many hours on shared teamspeak and collective projects/battles

*Note: there are, of course, many other 'types' of players and most players are actually a mix of all of the above -- the point is that people are locked into wanting to play a specific way, and game systems and mechanics have to adapt and support them

Now, I mention the above breakdown to show that there can't be a one-size-fits all solution for such a small yet diverse community -- but the essential problem facing Wurm PVP is that there are so few people involved in it.

• Is creating a different and segregated server for each demographic type of PVP player the best way to address all the divergent needs/wants?

There is one way to accommodate everyone in a single, relatively high-density area: a single PVP server with explicit zones (ArenaBattle/Hota zone; High Sec/Noob-start-town zone; Low Sec/trading/crafting/industrial zone; etc...). Think of this as how CCP's Eve Online has zones with various levels of protection but they all share a contiguous area. Or how ArchAge has zone integrated into specific areas--there are many other examples of this in current MMOs

The worst thing that Code Club could do to a game with such a small group of PVP players is fracture those players into many unrelated/unattached areas. This creates a negative reinforcement loop that perpetuates to drive potential players away from the game.

Now, if you decide to migrate eventually to a single, large, zoned PVP enabled server (which should be attached to Freedom) then the question becomes what do you do with the existing servers? This is extremely delicate because you are dealing with what represents thousands of hours of peoples lives. Shutting down servers and deleting them should be avoided at all costs--this is a precedent that should never be set for your company. The most preferable solution is to focus on the long game and leave the 'old' servers up and running till the populations hit near-depletion on their own. To consolidate the playerbase you Design in so many reward incentives and game mechanic incentives into the new large integrated server that a vast majority decide to migrate there of their own free will over a significant period of time. The reinforcement loop of player density (acts like a gravity-well in some sense) will create a cycle where people will decide on their own to migrate to the server where all their friends are at

Anyways, best of luck to Code Club and all the players!

Edited by Atlas
  • Like 8

I don't know what the obsession with wiping is.

Challenge should be cut - it was a neat idea but there are alternatives to it that are longer lasting, more satisfying in the long run and have more history so why would it be the chosen one? I feel like there was definite over expansion when it came to the servers, particuarly with the Freedom servers, so maybe consolidating them to the point where there are half as much as there are now would be a good move based on which have less overall activity, then giving accounts from those servers compensation of some sort. With Epic, well, I'm a purely epic player and love it, totally made it my home and on desertion there's a great community. Perhaps Chaos and Epic are spread a bit thin, but Epic in general seems to have around 100-150 active players at any one time, sometimes 200, which seems okay. I haven't experienced any great loneliness there, and from what I hear raids are still a monthly thing. Increasing skill gain doesn't make the servers more lucrative and appealing - Epic is a nice balance in that regards with 2x what it is on Freedom and the Curve, but to me it still feels like you have to put in the time to get to a decent level in something and its rewarding when you do - I don't see it being rewarding getting 70fs in a few days, or just allowing it outright to be allowed for non-prems to skill to 70fs like someone suggested, since getting my skill up was the thing that made me premium up and fund the games development.

I feel like a lot of anti-Epic and pro-non-prem incentives are held by people who don't play on Epic for the former and don't like paying for content when they can get away with it for the latter. I'm fairly new, aside from my stint on Wurm back on Gold 1 and sporadic play over the years, but I can recognize this as a difficult situation with no one clear solution but one principle should be held in the mind of any developer reading this - the most vocal players that you hear from most are those on forums, and they aren't the majority of the Wurm playerbase, just like any game. On top of that, Wurms difficulty has nothing to do with it, so decreasing it won't help anything long-term - ever wonder why games like Ultima are remembered fondly and EvE is the only MMO with a consistent, steady player growth? Even WoW is hemorrhaging players because of how easy and unstimulating it is. 

I'm pretty sure I don't have the answers aside from consolidation and compensation for Freedom servers, but I know what solutions won't work. And I suppose its worth bearing in mind that a lot of the incentives of playing on Epic were handed off to other servers, Valrei being something I as someone relatively new to post 1.1 Wurm don't understand for the most part even after some explanation by a CA and that you're going to upset people trying to fix the problems that Wurm has, but every decision has a crowd of malcontents, but its about achieving a greater good and mitigating how many malcontents you have, but that's your job as a developer and game designer. And no, don't listen to people who try to threaten playerbase migration to other games to reinforce whatever agenda they have.

Edit: Little idea, how about the ability to directly travel from any epic server to another, without passing through Elevation, but having Challenge-esque incentives and prizes on Elevation?

Edited by Ryon
  • Like 2

I think Challenge was a good move, it has short lifespan and that makes it good for testing. Test out stuff on this server, like you are now doing with the spike barrier, archery towers, turrets and some more stuff. I have not seen a decline in players on epic since Challenge started, I even have the feeling that the population overall have grown some after the first round. I think Challenge is a good move to introduce freedom players for how the PVP is over on Epic. I have noticed many players coming from Freedom lately. I have not noticed any advertising campaigns trying to get new people into Challenge, only seen that mails have been sent to registered emails.

The biggest issue with the Epic (and maybe Freedom) is that about 90% of people that start playing last less than a week. Some of the reason for that is that it is really hard to get invited into a deed from the get go because all the players are afraid that this new player is a spy alt that will take stuff or information and bring them to other servers, and this fact makes it very hard for new players to get some protection from the PVE. I have not solution for this problem, maybe others have.

To get more players to join Epic is to somehow make it clear that you are not joining a slaughterhouse where everyone you meet are a thread that will most likely kill you (I don't know how often I heard "I thought everyone would kill me as I am new"). Most new players don't know that in MR and JK kingdom killing your own is punished with in game mechanics. I think the skillgain on Epic is just like it should be in my opinion. The Valrei part of Epic is fantastic, it is like a game in a game, of course there are many things that could be fixed there and made better, that code part is something that needs some love and redoing, but like I say the overall thought about it is very cool. But I have to agree that it is a game breaker that one kingdom has two Gods and can actually chose from 4 "Everyone" missions, two from Serenity and two from Elevation. While the MR and BL can do two, home server  and Elevation. This means that they can continue to move either of their god when one get stuck. So they have 50% higher change to get the reward after the Scenario ends. It should rather be that one of the JK gods should maybe not have missions, could for example be a false god and not give out missions.

Many people are saying we should make one Xanadu size map for Epic, I don't think that is a good idea, I have heard that you are many hours to ride from one corner to the next using even a speedy horse. Just imagine what that would do to PVP, because for the winner that is a two way trip. Sailing over to the other servers can also take very long time and that is one of the reason why it can be hard to get people to join a raid, specially from the home servers.

I have here been throwing out some of my thoughts but I am sorry, I bring no solutions, but I know there is no solution in a fresh start. Don't forget that Epic is about 15-20% of the player base and that is high number. 

• Like 2

Here's what I think is a few simple solutions to all this mess!

1: Remove Challenge: It's only been up maybe 2 months now and should have never been added in the first place. All Challenge has really done is give PvE player's more to complain about. 

2: Fix all the countless issues currently wrong with the game! Like Glitching out in walls, Cart Bugs, Valrei, etc 

by doing this player's will be less aggravated with the game and be motivated to continue playing it.

3: Leave Epic alone: Maybe advertise it a bit more? Allow more player's to see that they have a choice PvE or PvP. If they PvP on Epic they can gain bonus skill. 

Nobody is really being forced to PvP or PvE. Let people decide which aspect of the game they wish to enjoy. Everybody's different. I played Freedom for about 2-3 months and found it to be boring. It had no challenge to it! I didn't wish to go to Chaos and get slaughtered by all the veteran players and thus Epic was a perfect choice!

In the end adding new servers is just gonna cause more chaos! Fix bugs, no new servers, fix broken mechanics, let the people choose where they wish to go! All the suggestions about removing a 3 year server for a 2 month server is just retarded. 

Personally I don't see why PvE player's are even on this discussion. You're safe in your freedom deeds. You're not being forced to PvP. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and think about somebody other then yourself. All MMO's have PvE and PvP servers. Only incident you're forced to PvP is if you sail into Chaos.. Well pay attention to what you're doing when sailing! That's like cooking a pizza and complaining because you burned your hand forgetting a oven mitt.. 

• Like 2

One other opinion, please consider this as unrelated to the above (not necessary to implement together--it stands on its on merits):

I suggest you remove the game system of deed draining player's actual real-life money from the token. In nearly all cases this type of activity takes place when not a single villager is logged in or online (or even awake in their time zone)

If you want to incentivize deed raid activities then design in third party rewards (so it becomes a non-zero activity rather than zero-sum); i.e. you could give a team Rolf Bucks when they finish a time on a token, or Valrei Likes, or whatever

I also would revisit the notion of complete 100% looting (at least in some zones). The thing that made me the most frusted when i died in PVP wasnt losing my enchanted armor or swords--it was having to put together all the package of 'worthless' but required knick-nacks from cotton bandages, drinking container, cloth bags, healing covers, widgets, paperclips, fish taco, travel book, pocket lint, etc, etc, etc...

The types of stuff that the enemy players DO NOT EVEN LOOT AND TAKE FROM YOUR CORPSE that is now floating in the middle of the ocean or locked away in an enemy mine hop where it was dumped, bam, it's on the side of the road.

Tinsel still clinging to it. Like a crime victim. Underwear inside out. Bound with electrical tape.

And god-forbid your group does get their corpses! Have fun rolling and arguing about which healing cover and cotton belongs to whom for the next 30 minutes

I didn't read the whole topic here or anything but here's how I'd like it. Slow down Challenge skillgain to what Epic is. Whenever Challenge resets let the accounts go to Epic. To make up for the slower skillgain now add way more tooltips and statistics etc. and fix bad mechanics and have Epic and Challenge use all the same code.

• Like 2

I do like the idea of one large Xan size server vs. 4 servers , I have played xan and i know it would be completely possible to still play a pve style game deep within your kingdoms lands. Would make it interesting to to fight over land and you would see alot of the "war/border" deeds as well as you large inland capital pve crafting deeds. Would also eliminate the /who effect on raiding. Only problem i see with this is the people that have spent years on there deeds, how would you compensate them? Also I see hota as a big waste of time you wouldnt need it to try and inspire pvp if we were all on the same server. I personally think it would make for a fun game.

Unrelated-but-actually-in-truth-TOTALLY-related to PVP topic:

There is a reason that we now 6 PVP servers and 7 PVE servers in a player base that averages around 800-950 players each day: This is the business model of Code Club. This is the primary manner in which Code Club generates its revenue and the only manner in which it generates revenue spikes (lump sum bonus). The problem with this is that you are not dealing with high double-digit growth of subscribed customers Year-over-year for the last several years so you end up building a cycle where you fracture your players base, then players leave because their friends/neighbors are gone, then more players leave (and then you make a new server to 'solve' the problem)

IF CODE CLUB WANTS TO EXIST AND--NAY--THRIVE IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS YOU NEED TO ABANDON THIS SERVER SPAM MODEL (DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE IN FACT) AND ADOPT A SHOP-BASED MODEL PRIMARILY BASED ON SELLING COSMETIC ITEMS TO PLAYERS FOR REAL LIFE MONEY

Please figure out how to monetise the game in a way that is fair and shares a postivie consensus with PVP and PVE players

Your player base is very small but you have a HUGE asset in the fact that they are very inelastic (wurm players are total junkies). You are dealing with a playerbase that is made up of maybe upwards of 50-60% 'Whales'! Who else can say that in the MMO world!?

Ask players how many would pay for a custom tabard on freedom? How many would pay for adding beards or mohawks to their toons? Ask them how many would pay for a unique hat or crown?

Monetize!

Good Luck!

:)

• Like 5

Elevation isn't perfect but we did spend years of work on that map, so i feel like it is useless to build more than a small safe place because someday it will be reseted again.

probably i would just stop to play this game.

Unrelated-but-actually-in-truth-TOTALLY-related to PVP topic:

There is a reason that we now 6 PVP servers and 7 PVE servers in a player base that averages around 800-950 players each day: This is the business model of Code Club. This is the primary manner in which Code Club generates its revenue and the only manner in which it generates revenue spikes (lump sum bonus). The problem with this is that you are not dealing with high double-digit growth of subscribed customers Year-over-year for the last several years so you end up building a cycle where you fracture your players base, then players leave because their friends/neighbors are gone, then more players leave (and then you make a new server to 'solve' the problem)

IF CODE CLUB WANTS TO EXIST AND--NAY--THRIVE IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS YOU NEED TO ABANDON THIS SERVER SPAM MODEL (DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE IN FACT) AND ADOPT A SHOP-BASED MODEL PRIMARILY BASED ON SELLING COSMETIC ITEMS TO PLAYERS FOR REAL LIFE MONEY

Please figure out how to monetise the game in a way that is fair and shares a postivie consensus with PVP and PVE players

Your player base is very small but you have a HUGE asset in the fact that they are very inelastic (wurm players are total junkies). You are dealing with a playerbase that is made up of maybe upwards of 50-60% 'Whales'! Who else can say that in the MMO world!?

Ask players how many would pay for a custom tabard on freedom? How many would pay for adding beards or mohawks to their toons? Ask them how many would pay for a unique hat or crown?

Monetize!

Good Luck!

:)

You are right I would buy a hota statue from the wurm shop to support the game..not from a Player.

• Like 1

One player versus player server combining Epic and Chaos into one (complete map reset)

-No home servers

-No Cr debuff in enemy lands

-Make land roaming and boats viable 

-Add pvp and pve missions, enticing solo and group activity

-Add mechanics dedicated to specific deeds ( war-deeds, villages, and capitals )

-Missions directly for alliances, deeds, and pvp 

-Return of Perma death after three lives for champions

-Increase characteristic gains on priest

-Balance out priest spells

-Epic server style skill gain

-Remove cross kingdom communications

-No connection to other servers

-Premium only

-Add more PVE objectives and unique creatures 

- Staff dedicated to the server and a weekend team

- Fix bugs, exploits, and add balance

- No more stealth patches only in depth details of the changes  

Thank you! :D

One other opinion, please consider this as unrelated to the above (not necessary to implement together--it stands on its on merits):

I suggest you remove the game system of deed draining player's actual real-life money from the token. In nearly all cases this type of activity takes place when not a single villager is logged in or online (or even awake in their time zone)

If you want to incentivize deed raid activities then design in third party rewards (so it becomes a non-zero activity rather than zero-sum); i.e. you could give a team Rolf Bucks when they finish a time on a token, or Valrei Likes, or whatever

I also would revisit the notion of complete 100% looting (at least in some zones). The thing that made me the most frusted when i died in PVP wasnt losing my enchanted armor or swords--it was having to put together all the package of 'worthless' but required knick-nacks from cotton bandages, drinking container, cloth bags, healing covers, widgets, paperclips, fish taco, travel book, pocket lint, etc, etc, etc...

That's not Wurm is about and would greatly detract from the impact and enormity of what PvP and raiding means.

Dear god, no cash shops. That would detract from the crafting aspect of the game and again, this suggestion is not what Wurm is all about.