Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Discuss Epic plz

Tbh,what's the point of challenge if you are making epic more skill gain? Whats the point of having 3 pvp servers in the same game? Epic has to go, and you need to work out some way to reimburse the epic players, maybe give them in game currency based on their body stats in ranges of 10, like 30-40 body stats accounts get some silver (fair amount), and similarly for higher body stats. The cost of deed formation as well as upkeep can all be returned to the founder and the entire cluster could be deleted. Do this and the players will have a chance to get their foot set up on freedom isles with the in game money they get.

Then we will have only 2 pvp servers, chaos and challenge. Also, do not add that God/demigod drama to chaos.

There is 7 PvE servers! lol.. How about we close all them down make 2 maps the size of Xanadu and only have 2 PvE servers? lol. 

I do think you can make epic a challenge like server have the home servers static and used as a home base then elevation like the challenge server maybe not reset it every month but maybe 2-3 times a year have it reset then just toss out challenge all together. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

There is 7 PvE servers! lol.. How about we close all them down make 2 maps the size of Xanadu and only have 2 PvE servers? lol. 

Yep, I want only 1 pve server myself, thats deliverance. 1 PvP server, thats chaos, do not like splitting the community, and no i do not like xanadu a bit. Deliverance and chaos is all the game needs, 1 pve server and 1 pvp server.

Ok Rolf.

Lets have a talk.

You introduced challenge despite outcries that the challenge/epic server would essentially be using the same playerbase, thus resulting in lower player populations at both places.

You abandoned epic quite some time ago in terms of dev time and left it halfdone, thus people lost interest.

Obvious flaws like mag being next to nathan, missions being downright impossible, etc were left alone.

Dont even get me started on the fact you never bothered to make a proper ingame map for valrei nor explain for new players how it worked.

Even to this day most people lack clear knowledge of what the various tiles on valrei do.

The massive ammount of RNG that is valrei kinda makes scenarios feel less like a "game" and more like a dice roll at times.

The most unique and special effects of epic (the valrei related drops) were freely given to the other servers and in far higher quantities than epic, thus it feelt like epic lost its unique things... while at the same time epic players for eons werent allowed the 100 skill titles... Now epic seem to have "epic fisherman" as a 100 skill title for fishing while the freedom/chaos cluster got a more unique title "Hooked on fishing" etc... the players arent worthy of the real deal eh? Gotta love being second class players.

The whole demi-god / ascension system even to this day has had almost no visible presence for the world.

Oh and when epic actually had large forces clashing it resulted in unplayable lagg, elevation doesnt support the playerbase you desire.

In short: you directly split the playerbase with challenge, treated the players as secondary class players and abandoned the needed polishing of the servers game mechanics. And now players treat the servers in a similar fashion. or as you would put it "gg"

edit: oh and increasing skillgain is not how to make the server more appealing Rolf. thats how you get a brief influx of players who quit after a while. it doesnt work in the long run.

QFT

Yes, there are too many PvE servers too. The game feels like a ghost-town compared to how it used to be with only Indy.

Close some PvE servers, close some epic servers, get the game world feeling ALIVE again.

It will never happen though. People have invested too much time/money into their current places and wouldn't agree to letting them go. It would be like ripping off a band aid...briefly a lot of people rage quit, then come back when they realize it is actually what is best for the game. (New players too will see 1 server with 400 people rather than 4 with 100 each and never bump into anyone in local)

Edited by Nyjah

Fine by me!

• Like 2

I spent a lot of time leveling a priest on Epic it would suck to have skill resetting and this is a dual character that plays freedom and epic and is a priest on both.

The main problem is you do not have enough PvP players to play all the Servers  Chaos, Epic, and Challenge..

So what happens is they split time between the next best thing....in this case its challenge.

Faster skill gain might attract a few more players to Epic.

Resetting Elevation....more rewards again? Dragons etc?  that will make people switch around or do both.

If you want the truth the Combat and UI needs updating to have a more fluid and natural feel to it and that might bring in more PvP players who simply don't like the combat system as it is.  Other than that More rewards, resetting, new maps, etc will just have the current PvP population moving around, making alts, etc... to take advantage of the newest greatest thing that's my 2 cents...

Edited by Uberknot

I agree with Zekezor and Solmark.

I played epic for a good 2-3 years and it was fun while it lasted. I sold my accounts recently because I got bored, I might be a restless soul but I need something fresh to keep me excited. It became very monotonous after while, same environment, same pvp opponents etc. Epic didn't get the attention it needed from devs with the whole valrei thing.

While you are at it, make /who for all epic cluster and remove public graphs. It's not fun to visit another home server when the enemy already know you are coming upon server crossing.

Maybe it would be fair to let Epic players convert their accounts to Freedom cluster, so all their time spent wouldn't be a waste if Epic ends up on the wrong path. Their skills would of course have to be toned down to what they would be without double skillgain and get compensated with some body stamina.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 5

This is just dumb -_-

What did you think would happen when challenge got launched? Closing Epic would just have alot of people leaving instead, depending how you plan to compensate them for years of grinding and money spent.

Maybe as Edvinas said try to make it worth something to actually fight over land on Elevation. And tbh i played a bit over a year on Epic and as Zeke said i have no clue whatsoever of what the different tiles do on Valrei and with the make 500 stupid things to even complete a mission you just leave the new accounts out of even trying to help with it.  

I doubt people would be happy with a reset of Elevation but maybe it's needed to get a fresh start and a new map with more stuff to fight for. Hota is retarded...all kingdoms hide in mines until they are sure to win (Except MR). Basically no pvp comes out of it anymore...with more stuff to fight for i think it could get people playing. 

To reset people skills or raise the skillgain would be dumb aswell. Old players would just feel like they been screwed, all time,money and effort put into getting where they are now down the drain. 

• Like 6

1. Apart from having 2x skillgain op epic, epic also has effective skill, so at skill 65 u already use your skills at skill 90. This doesnt needs a boost IMO.

2. I would like scenarios to make a difference and valrei strikes to have really nice mapchanges.

I know this is harder than a new map, but epic isnt challenge. A group of 20 veterans can raid pretty much anything without proper walls, in a dif timezone than their enemies are playing. So like challenge there will be 1 biggest kingdom everyone likes to join, and then there will be a really long time of boredom. Epic isnt challenge, its not stopped after a couple of weeks, ppl play here for years. There are lots of areas i feel where map molding wouldnt hurt anyone, at seas, deserts, valrei hit craters, that can be premade. People already made use of valrei pillars, and i know many would love an evolving landscape.

(I would rather have 2 hours of downtime every 6 months, and a special map that evolves, than a 1 kingdom elevation for 1-2 months and see all my friends and enemies leave again out of boredom.)

3. Next to the zerg problem, i like my deed, lots of my villagers like my deed. I agree elevation needs work, but we put thousands of hours in this. If i wouldnt be bit selfish to say no to a reset, id have to say no for the ppl that helped me so much over the 3 years of its existance.

Atazoth, mayor of Dragonspine Castle, Elevation

Edited by krinos78
  • Like 12

Maybe it would be fair to let Epic players convert their accounts to Freedom cluster, so all their time spent wouldn't be a waste if Epic ends up on the wrong path. Their skills would of course have to be toned down to what they would be without double skillgain and get compensated with some body stamina.

How are you going to convert a character that plays both?

• Like 2

Pick the highest of the 2 clusters? pretty simple.

• Like 1

lol editter...

some epic ppl dont wanna play on chaos at all, we love epic and we dont wanna play with the chaos ppl and/or on the chaos server.

• Like 6

Pick the highest of the 2 clusters? pretty simple.

No way LOL that's completely lame and not realistic at all.

Now adding all the skills and skill time to the other character might be something to think about, but I think doing any such moving and messing with characters is a big mistake because people have bought and sold characters as well as spent months upon months leveling them and to flat out erase them after saying you would not is going to cost and make a lot of players mad.

Edited by Uberknot

lol editter...

some epic ppl dont wanna play on chaos at all, we love epic and we dont wanna play with the chaos ppl and/or on the chaos server.

^

This.

Merging over epic players to chaos forcefully would result in a lot of lost subscriptions.

• Like 1

That's a good question that cannot be answered lightly.

You could combine the stats, but then people who made seperate accounts would complain.

You could split the accounts, perhaps pick a new name. But then you have two accounts? hmm.

lol editter...

^

This.

Merging over epic players to chaos forcefully would result in a lot of lost subscriptions.

I'll make myself clear so there are no misunderstandings! :P

It is only out of perspective if Epic would be ''put down'' because it's bad business eventually, which I doubt will happen but should not be ruled out. I do hope it can regain it's former strenght and population. I'll be back then for sure. :)

Edited by Sharkin

^

This.

So would deleting any characters.

no resetting any maps, would make me quit Epic. instead add xanadu size north of elevation with Elevation rules.

Increasing the skillgain would be extremely unfair to the existing players and would be unlikely to encourage someone like me who quit to rejoin. New maps alone wont fix much in the long term either. To be honest I am struggling to think of what epic would need to do to encourage me to return, too much has been left unfixed for too long.

no resetting any maps, would make me quit Epic. instead add xanadu size north of elevation with Elevation rules.

... epic really doesnt need a xanadu sized map... definetly not.. like without question... its probably the dumbest idea ive heard so far... chaos is tremendous already and i dont even wanna think of a map four times larger than that ontop of the already thinly populated epic islands.. it would turn everything into a ghost town.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 8

Get rid of Challenge. Far too many people have put years of work into Epic to just toss all that away. It will drive many people from the game as has been said several times in this thread already. Stop creating new issues (i.e. new servers, new bugged features) and focus on what is already in place. Maybe even look into the 'real' reasons for lower player base.The only people who even suggest getting rid of Epic don't even play Epic.How about those who play Epic vote get rid of xandau, maybe a few of the pve servers because they are not important to anyone who doesn't play them. As for resetting maps, it personally just seems like a really bad idea unless you can get a vast majority of that particular map seriously asking for a reset and agreeing on the pros/cons. Lastly, just leave skill gain alone already.

Edited by Rhiannone
  • Like 5

^

This.

+1

Close Down all of epic if there is a way to convert the toons to chaos and find some way to fix the skills to a proper skill set  compare to the lower skillgain there.

If you dont Close it, Close all the home servers and reset the elevation map and make it a bit bigger.

Dont increase skill gain or something stupid.

• Like 3