Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Public Crafting Areas - A Long Overdue Thank You!

When I first started out as a total noob in Wurm, about a year and a half ago now, Pristine was a pretty bumpin' place. Deeds were wall to wall everywhere, and so were the things that wanted to eat me.

I had no idea how to craft anything or even where to start. That's when I ran across an area marked 'Public Rest Stop.'

It had a Forge, and Oven as well as free burnables such as kindling, wood scraps, and logs, as well as a various assortment of other free goodies that every noobie can use but has no idea how to acquire as of yet.

That place saved my hide, and I've never properly said, 'Thank You'.

Recently I found that the place was still there as I was running an alt through, and once again, I've made use of this facility that someone graciously created for public use.
So a hearty 'Thank You' to whomever owns and operates the 'Public Rest Stop' close to (south east of) Blossom on Pristine. :)

The second 'Thank You' goes out to whomever created and maintains Clay Harbor. That place is a godsend for anyone just starting out and who can't find clay to make such basic items as a pottery jar or two (to hold water!!!), and pottery bowl beyond the one they start with.

FYI, there is also a new rest stop just south of 'A Zen Moment' on the Pristine public map. (X16 Y23) for anyone who is travelling by that way. Tilda did a wonderful job with it. If you are wandering through and need a rest stop, be sure to give it a visit.

And a thank you as well to anyone who's ever made a place for public use.

Without these places, we'd all have been crunched a lot sooner and may not have stuck it out if we'd been clubbed to death so soon by a wandering troll.

My hat is off to all of ye.

Post Scriptum: Perhaps if others know of public areas on Pristine, they can add them to this thread for all to benefit from, kind of as a master list of sorts. Also, if people have the locations of public areas on other servers, they could also add them if they so desire, with coordinates either of the in game map, or their public map. (Be sure to specify which!) :)

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 8

We have a public crafting area at J11, well within range of templars and guard towers. If you need something not in the bsb there and someone's online in local give a shout and we can probably help.  And don't forget to ask for one of the freebie 4 speed horses; they're in the pens near the crafting area.

*edit* this is on Pristine, in game map J11

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 1

Thanks Bel, I agree completely and remember well how grateful I was to find such a place as a wandering newbie, and add my thanks for that. That one was a good way down on the coast from Blossom and is no longer there, but Lisabet's is there a bit nearer now :) I also made one at Willow Cove X19/20 Y31, for anyone who may wander up from Blossom in that direction. Any skilled person who happens to wander by these places please feel free to repair and/or imp anything there as by necessity they are off deed :D

Also like Lisabet, we have a free 4 speed horse pen (self serve) as well near the public crafting area (rest area) at A Zen Moment X16 Y23.

PS also double thanks to Zip for Clay Harbor, still use it to this day, I did thank him in person once for building that for us, long may it remain.

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 2

Yes, these Public use areas created to provide some help and protection to both new and old players alike are very nice to have available. I like them because they are open for all to use without any contact of the creator of them being necessary; thus, they can be used freely at any time by anyone.

Behind The Sanctuary deed on Deliverance south of Green Dog along another small lake is The Public Clay Preserve. It has a large hedge walled area of *clay* on Perimeter for all to use. There against the building that opens onto it is a forge, oven, bulk bin with fuel and logs and trash bin. If any aggros are inside this area, just step inside the kingdom access building and call guards! for them to come help from their Guard Tower just a few steps away.

I am sure that whoever creates these types of Public use areas gets reward enough just by observing some using them, as they might pass by unobtrusively. Thanks in a post such as this is nice as well, no doubt. So, thanks!

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1

We used to have the freebie horses self serve as well, but a pair of former Allies came by and slaughtered a few of the foals in a fit of pique.  So they are once again locked up and handed out.

That "Public Rest Stop" .. was there when I started to play, long long ago. Must admit I robbed it of cotton several times (not that I made it to stay alive for long enough anyway :P ).

I still don't know who owns / mantains it, but it is of great help for any new player who finds it.

Then there is Zip, with his Clay Harbor and public mine (at some point closed by someone who deeded over, recently re-opened), and those "tutorial mine openings" above.

Also the owner of a State of Uncertainity, south of Blossom (again, I have no idea who the owner is), with the nice cedar forrest in the perimeter, where people can find the "cut and replant" sign (although most of the time they only read the "cut" part of the message).

Thanks to all for these "helping hands" they give and for the thoughts towards the newer members of the community.