Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Mine Door INSIDE a mine

I would love a mine door option inside the mine. Can be all the materials that normal mine doors are made from.  When it is a stone door, it will perfectly blend with rock walls in the mine, looking exactly like a reinforced wall.  If you try to mine it or prospect it, you get the same results as if it were a reinforced wall.

Yes, I know we don't have borders to attach it to, so here is my trick... Make them a "plantable" object, that can be pushed/pulled into position.  The width is a fraction wider than a normal tile, so you don't see gaps.  It sits lower into the ground and higher into the ceiling, to disappear into the rock, for better disguising.  Or, make a "snap to" feature when pushing close to a border where it could fit.

Got a few other ideas for how it could work, but that is the basics.

- hide your special veins

- hide your stash of supplies

- hide your secret tunnel that leads into your deed

Good times!

(suggestion for after bugs and performance issues are addressed)

• Like 9

interesting.. +1, why not. Athough might make pvp servers good for traps :D

• Like 1

I think what your looking for wurmhole is a modified siege wall, Those "snap" to a tile border, in cave or not. 

Anyways, Good idea, Tho personally id like to have these doors weaker than normal mine doors, simply because you could put like 15 of them in a tunnel and never ever have anyone ever enter your deed. through a tunnel anyways.

I think a door like this would be another reason to split pvp and pve code.

I think a door like this would be another reason to split pvp and pve code.

If PvE & PvP Code ever gets split, Don't ever expect a update, or a patch, Like, Ever. Updates take long as is, doesn't need to be 2x or 3x because one cluster doesn't like something. Besides, Your over-reacting, A door on PvE is invincible(on deed/writ). a door on PvP, well what you put into it actually matters. Does it hurt anyone? Nope.

nice idea! This would make it possible to block people from getting to on deed parts of a large mine, very useful.

PvP wise this would be too aweful though, too much defensive power, unless it is easily destroyed.

Anyway, +1

Madness...

Next you will be wanting minedoors inside writs.

+1 but sounds like maybe for freedom servers only ?  excluding chaos...

Madness...

I was just gonna make reference to ye olde wine cellars, but ya beat me to it! :P

Wouldnt this create a rip in the space time continuum or something?

Edited by Sanfrid

I like this idea, for people who want to share a mine but don't want to share the value of their mine, say to let people in for the iron and leave people out from the gold/silver. +1  (This would mean tile borders in caves, not sure what that would mean)

Madness...

Got one... donut houses. LOL

I don't think it would have to be anything special. A mine door on the outside entrance can be smashed fairly easily. It would just be inside a tunnel and not on a hillside I would think.

Edited by Audrel

I like this idea, for people who want to share a mine but don't want to share the value of their mine, say to let people in for the iron and leave people out from the gold/silver. +1  (This would mean tile borders in caves, not sure what that would mean)

could make it so that you right click it click on a tile and plant it as it where and it will line up to face you and there you go done :3 also it would not be a good thing to split up that code >.> id love to have this on my deed on deli as ima be doing several large tunnel projects and if i could hide my little storage area away like that it be perfect

I have long wanted a way to build some type of mine door inside the mine to enable access to the perimeter while preventing others from entering the deed mine. This should be enabled on deed tiles only so players do not go and block off mine tiles not on their own deeds.

Maybe the way to code this would be to make some player crafted item that works along the lines of support beams. By this I mean that when applied to an existing mine tile (rock) on deed it would convert it into an object that can be passed through only by those who have permission to pass through locked gates on deed. This would circumvent the usual argument that doors can't be built in mines because of no tile borders, since with this type of system they would not be necessary.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Maybe the way to code this would be to make some player crafted item that works along the lines of support beams.

• Like 1