Sign in to follow this  
landoz

Sheathing - Put your weapon away!

I think it would be a nice feature if you were able to put your weapons away, say your shield on your back and your sword on your side.

+vote this if you agree, maybe we can get this feature in the future. (o)_(~)

Edited by landoz
  • Like 18

Would be interesting to have, especially if deeds could be set to enforce an "openly-wielded weapons" policy. Perhaps even make initiating attacks slightly longer for sheathed weapons.

Not to mention so-called peace knots. Perhaps even have scabbards and sheaths as extra toolbelts of sorts.

Course theres just the aesthetics of it to like.

Could maybe incorporate some kind of slight movement speed buff while your weapons are away to incourage the use of the feature. ;)

i think theres no point to have that choice,i prefer having new types "texture"plate for each faction. if you are in epic or in chaos ofc.

id love to be able to not look like a spider when i look at my shadow when i walk around >.>

+1

Sheathe hot key please! Anyone that works with aggresive critters or does a lot of taming would love this.  A bit annoying all the clicks/drags to unequip.

• Like 1

bump - more attention! - Would love to have this as a feature one day

Believe it or not, the art assets and at least some of the code already exists for a scabbard item. However, whether they will ever be fully implemented (and be functional) is hard to know.

I'm sure its on their mind and its obviously something people want. Just a matter of budget and or time. Fingers crossed  B)

+1 excellent suggestion, bigger font not needed though ;)

corrected :P

+1 Yes, please - in the near future too would be most welcome! 

Would not miss my sword jerking around in front of me when farming or walking round my deed, tending to animals...

+1 great idea, realistic and convenient.

Especially for us large maul/Axe wielders.. :wacko:

Or just not show it at all until we're in combat or using the item ( saw ect )

• Like 1

That would be nice. Going the extra mile I would say add an animation with Sheathing and unsheathing, Followed by the sound. 

• Like 1

Only if you automatically take them out when it combat.....and put them away when done....manually would suck.

*repeated post* 

Edited by landoz

Or just not show it at all until we're in combat or using the item ( saw ect )

I'd like people to see it on my back, a shield and my sword put away, to let it be known i'm wearing them

Only if you automatically take them out when it combat.....and put them away when done....manually would suck.

Of course automatically taking them out in combat would be a given I would think. But when your done I think it should stay out and you just have the OPTION of putting them away. Like down by the climbing/loyalty,etc bar.

Edited by landoz

+1

My arm gets tired carrying that huge 2-hander all day :)

yes, even if its just purely visual! I hate waving my weapon around infront of my face when I run. Appears sheathed when not targetting something, you pull it in your hand when you target something.

• Like 2

yes, even if its just purely visual! I hate waving my weapon around infront of my face when I run. Appears sheathed when not targetting something, you pull it in your hand when you target something.

Great suggestion here! I would like to see several types of player created weapon holders being made available in the game. They would be best suited to the leatherworking skill. Maybe a few types for the back and side. Attach an auto-sheathe component to them so that if one is equipped on the player when not fighting the weapon would automatically be sheathed and when fighting it would go into the hand (s).

=Ayes=