Sign in to follow this  
Olloch

WL one kingdom.

Has this been discussed before? Alot of people want WL vs BL for the next challenge but what about for epic/chaos.

Afaik chaos has pmks so i doubt much would change.

Could be interesting for epic though. could always Pmk if its not working out.

Thoughts?

In a world infested by light, I like to walk in the shadows.

Issle,

Black Legion of Chaos

Edited by Sizzle

I don't get why they ever made it 2 white, 1 black in some 3 way war.

Would be a lot easier to balance etc if it was just 1 white vs 1 black.

• Like 2

for the sake of a test & challenge, lets try out WL vs BL. on challenge

Imagine all of current MR with all of current JK, vs all of current BL.  Yep may as well disable pvp and call it Freedom server #57

It can't work without either destroying a home server or making WL have 2 same kingdom home servers, neither are a good solution nor fair

More kingdoms=more chances of pvp.  When KoS was around and had a fair bit of people that pvpd, there was a lot of pvp going on between the 4 kingdoms. 

And ultimately myself and a lot of others don't want to play with some people in opposing kingdoms, this is why they converted to someplace else.  Someone along the line would be forced to spend 1g to pmk, and lose out on their home server (and/or deeds on there)

• Like 2

Not a Wurm PvPer but maybe Aether is onto something with what MrGary said. The more, the merrier.

Well i agree mostly Gary. But you could always PMK like on Chaos. You would lose the ability to have a homeserver.

Homeservers are lame lets remove them too while were at it.

• Like 4

Well i agree mostly Gary. But you could always PMK like on Chaos. You would lose the ability to have a homeserver.

Homeservers are lame lets remove them too while were at it.

The point is being forced to drop 1g for a disadvantage for no reason

Imagine all of current MR with all of current JK, vs all of current BL.  Yep may as well disable pvp and call it Freedom server #57

It can't work without either destroying a home server or making WL have 2 same kingdom home servers, neither are a good solution nor fair

More kingdoms=more chances of pvp.  When KoS was around and had a fair bit of people that pvpd, there was a lot of pvp going on between the 4 kingdoms. 

And ultimately myself and a lot of others don't want to play with some people in opposing kingdoms, this is why they converted to someplace else.  Someone along the line would be forced to spend 1g to pmk, and lose out on their home server (and/or deeds on there)

If you forced MR and JK  into the same kingdom I think the popcorn munching would be epic if not the constant alliance wars.    We pretty much had this happen when Chaos was first reformed and linked to freedom.   Everyone was converted to Freedom isles kingdom.  JK and MR were in the same kingdom.  We promptly formed our own alliances and got back to the smackdown lol.    

The PMK thing worked out for the best, and gave us much needed control over our kingdoms.  I wouldn't trade that for the set kingdom bullcrap we used to have to put up with.     

Edited by Battlepaw

I didn't mean merging them now would be a good idea. It should always have been 1v1 kingdom. Obviously merging them after all these years wouldn't end well :D

What I would like to see is a free-for-all challenge.

I didn't mean merging them now would be a good idea. It should always have been 1v1 kingdom. Obviously merging them after all these years wouldn't end well :D

What I would like to see is a free-for-all challenge.

Meh, the challenge servers should be PMK driven not set kingdom driven.   When everyone can make an alt that spawns with weapons and armor, it give way too much potential for abuse in a set kingdom.    

I still am scratching my head as to why they were outlawed this time around especially when you consider how the new challenge map was setup.    

I would love to see the removal of all kingdom/god hard coding and the removal of the "defaults"

We don't use them, we endure them.

Each kingdom is then PMK only, all rules of engagement are purely pmk vs pmk vs pmk vs . . . .

For the non PvP servers allow all gods (with limited mycellium spread)

Then each player in each PMK picks the god they want, there are "good" and "bad" in all kingdoms rather than such un-wurmlike straight-jacketing.

Then we can lose the 1 vs 3 imbalance, allow each god to be properly balanced in its own right. Heck there could even be the possibility of introducing additional gods if they would be a good fit.

• Like 4

Id like just WL vs Bl, but i can see where conflicts would arise.

Also, one could argue that more kingdoms means more pvp, but you have to look at the other side.

3 kingdoms means each kingdom has fewer numbers than each kingdom would have if there were only 2. Really i dont see how it would affect the amount of pvp either way, player base is still the same amount. 

What, MR fighting with JK? (on epic) I would assume MR would go BL lo

Id like just WL vs Bl, but i can see where conflicts would arise.

Also, one could argue that more kingdoms means more pvp, but you have to look at the other side.

3 kingdoms means each kingdom has fewer numbers than each kingdom would have if there were only 2. Really i dont see how it would affect the amount of pvp either way, player base is still the same amount. 

Kingdoms are not just about numbers, they have their own individule communities.   You can't just change that over night, or try to pretend that trying to force communities togather would work.    Even a small number of players can have fun because of the community they belong to, I've been part of games with communities much more vast than Wurm has ever been, and even within those larger communities, or forced "kingdoms" or whatever groups of player will form their own guild, clans, and have fun in any way they can and have fierce rivalerys based upon compition with other communities, often as tight knit as they are.  

Rivalries like JK and MR, aren't based on kingdom they are based on the communities.  Both are very tight knit, and have their own friendships, and ways of doing things.    You can't change that by drawing lines in the sand, because friends will just ignore them and go play with who they feel comfortable having fun with.    

How about letting players build guard towers and deeds on any epic server. Having all the epic servers like elevation. 

Edited by DOE

You only adopted the darkness. I was born into it, and did not see the WL till many years afterwards.  :ph34r: 

I would love to see the removal of all kingdom/god hard coding and the removal of the "defaults"

We don't use them, we endure them.

Each kingdom is then PMK only, all rules of engagement are purely pmk vs pmk vs pmk vs . . . .

For the non PvP servers allow all gods (with limited mycellium spread)

Then each player in each PMK picks the god they want, there are "good" and "bad" in all kingdoms rather than such un-wurmlike straight-jacketing.

Then we can lose the 1 vs 3 imbalance, allow each god to be properly balanced in its own right. Heck there could even be the possibility of introducing additional gods if they would be a good fit.

Each pmk could sort of indirectly choose their god by the ratio of followers that kingdom has. Hence a WL kingdom would be favored by Mag if the majority was mag followers or priests, and if the number shifts to another god, then that god favors them more, so on and so forth.

Personally BL and WL kingdoms should still be seperate, unless one somehow worked it out for BL sleeper agents.

Edited by Klaa

Having three kingdoms keeps balance. It keeps one kingdom from becoming too strong, as the other two start to help each other out.

so -1 from me