Sign in to follow this  
sweatygopher

Dragging a raft...

Should allow you to regain stamina while floating in water (not moving) when you are dragging a raft (holding on to it, basically).  This would give new players who don't have skills for rope making yet the ability to cross around mountains via water systems. 

• Like 13

regain stamina while floating in water (not moving) when you are holding on to a raft.

+1 

It's silly that their solution to this problem for new players is to have them log off for 5 hours -_-

I remember actually being quite upset when I found a raft, and realized I couldn't board it and float even 3kms. I think this would be a great benefit to be able to regain stamina while dragging it. +1

+1  Good idea ! surprised it has not been implemented before - would keep more new players playing !

good idea but better if you could board it and float really slow like jibberish said

-1 you should not gain stamina while in the water.

Now if you want to make rafts something you could climb on that's different.

-1 you should not gain stamina while in the water.

Now if you want to make rafts something you could climb on that's different.

Whats the diff?

right click -> embark

OR

Right click -> drag

your statement makes no scenes to me at all  :blink:

I could even see it done like captaining a ship... 'W' while dragging-stamina loss... hold still while dragging-stamina gain

Not dragging, but captaining... I just mean that when piloting a ship, if you are passive you gain stamina, when adding to the speed you lose stamina. So, when dragging it seems that when moving forward you would be working (losing stamina), and when staying still you would be clinging to the raft and resting (gaining stamina).

Edited by Kyleshandra

Not dragging, but captaining... I just mean that when piloting a ship, if you are passive you gain stamina, when adding to the speed you lose stamina. So, when dragging it seems that when moving forward you would be working (losing stamina), and when staying still you would be clinging to the raft and resting (gaining stamina).

You would need to embark the raft just like a rowboat.

+1

Rafts have been broken ever since the boat/drowning update. I consider it a regression since everybody expected that you would still be able to regain stamina while dragging a raft like before the update. "Why the heck am I drowning while dragging a raft?", "A raft can hold all these rock shards and dirt but I can't use it to rest and regain stamina?", etc...

Rafts were just carts for water. It was how we transported bulk goods between wild and home before boats. I get why boats make them less practical today, but the drowning update severely reduced their functionality to the point that nobody uses for them for anything other than a loadable storage container. I thought Rolf would make this change shortly after adding drowning, but here we are over a decade later...

Is there some technical hurdle for why this change hasn't been made? I've seen other threads suggest being able to ride rafts like boats, but this change seems simple enough and restores them to the way rafts worked before.

+1 I think rafts have been reduced to nothing more than a basic storage unit for most players at this point. It would be nice to bring back some nautical functionality to them.

• Like 1