Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 9

Edit:  Please give us all a few days warning BEFORE THE PATCH comes out, so we can go full lockdown in prep for any permissions bugs.

This is VERY important.

• Like 2

mmmhhh! i love the new outer wall! when will that one come into game?

ps: hehehehehhe..... that was soooo clear! the place from rolf is empty! where does he hide?

Those buildings look really nice, also great to hear that the game is being optimized!

Thanks so much for the permissions enhancement.  It's such a significant part of the game.

Also, in looking on Rolf's window sill, it looks like he forgot to water his Valentine's day pottery.  :lol:

Edited by Galatyn

Awesome update, but can we PLEASE get a response from Rolf on the communities outcry for more indepth patch notes, detailing what went into the game ( obv not like, code changed so hackers can't hack X) but especially anything related to pvp, people have voted in a large majority that they want exact %'s when it comes to pvp changes, not " it was tweaked"

If we could please have a response from Rolf, or you'll see this in the next weekly update. As I have posted in many since my first poll on the subject was put up.

Thanks!

Bro, why you even talk mate?  You barely pvp, you just dc

Congrats on the new office, looks swanky! Now all it needs is a woman's touch *wink wink*.

LOVE THE NEW BALCONIES! Oh my goodness gracious!

Teeth? If it's anything to do with enhancing immersion - it's GOOD! Now about sitting on chairs so we can actually sit down in front of our nice new fireplaces and have a cozy chat with our neighbor?

• Like 4

Sneak peak at the new office!.....

I remember a picture of Rolf years ago in the first office, (wonder if that's still around somewhere)

You've come along way in a relatively short time. Grats

An overhaul to the permissions system will be greatly appreciated, especially in making the UI more uniform across items.

Its so nice to see you guys still working actively on Wurm!!!

Nice to see you back, Johan.

Edited by silakka

0tPYt3m.jpg

Time for Wurm Globe Theatre

shakespeare-s-globe-theatre.jpg

Edited by Tipper
  • Like 1

Permission system overhaul?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! \0/0\/0\/00\/0\0\0/0/

If gates will have vehicle-esque permissions management, will they still need keys? What about chests?

is it posible the permission thing its the first update in wurm that everybody likes?

and yeah now someone will reply to this to say they hate it.

Amazing news and fantastic choice of things to work on.

I'll stop here otherwise I will perpetuate my "Wurm Online fanboy" status.

Very happy for your office upgrades. Congratulations!

Walls look good .

Now if you can make the way the canopy looks against the wall do the same for roof touching walls be nice.

Cant let snow pile up .

Also unless that ivy is planted on the roof , you need to face it large end down and small up or to the sides.

Waiting for new ship models and more info on bridges be nice.

Any plans to improve dredging at all? like auto unload into your ship or back pack?

And try find some love for different ores..

Welcome back Baron!

Overall the news is great (sans bridge update) but I gotta add my 2i worth.

While working on permissions show a little love for the perimeter issues. No need go into all the argument here (the whole thing is getting tired) but some thoughtful adjustments there would go a long way toward community peace and harmony.

And I'll second the notion of advanced warning for permissions changes. Not that bugs would ever be exploited here.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

The Baron is back!

And the office looks great, not to mention the new wall additions. Seeing how you have different windows now in your new offices (not to mention the ones in the Lair of the Rolf), can we guess that they were the inspiration for the new in game windows? :)

Finally, don't forget to move your Valdor Action Figure to your new desk, Baron!

• Like 1

Welcome Back Red Baron!!!  We missed you   2 things..JUST WOW .  I'm crazy about the new outer walls to come. they look amazing and will add much more depth and variation to the game giving it a richer texture look.   VERY VERY NICE.  secondly, Congratz on the new office.  So much light and air for wurm inspiration vs the dark hovel you were in before.   Just beautiful , especially Rolf's office with the Gothic windows.  place some stained glass panels over it free hanging.  Truly nice.  Well deserved.  I'm all giddy again about the new walls to come.  This is not to overshadow the need and Huge demand for better security ingame with the new perms to come.  Thank  you for looking out for us.

Edited by Greasygrundle

Welcome back! Thanks for such great news and office photos!

I absolutely love those new walls and I can see a lot of bashing coming our way. Can't wait when these wonderful balconies will be implemented in game :P Not sure why we need pile of teeth on floor if only you will add some apothecary type of building with dentist  :rolleyes:  But what happened to bridges? And as someone mentioned before it will be real cool if we could finally have some furniture interaction like sitting, being able to drop stuff on tables etc

Edited by Rhea

Yea for the return of the news! And nice new digs! The new walls look great and will make for our buildings in Wurm to be much more interesting and diverse. I like the sound of the new permissions system, although it does maybe sound a bit complicated at first. Interested to see how it all plays out!

haha :lol:  Rolf puts his peasants outside of his personal 'coding office' so he can secretly play his game without his employees pestering him to code more

wb and WOOHOOO,  love the new permissions system idea/setup and the new building stuff, YES!!! Keep adding more stuff to make homes more custumized! to be able to make something someone else didnt make is awsome and where wurm shines, So i cant wait to see future adds.