Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 9

lssnw9L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Sorry for my absence Wurmians but it was just like in that certain movie.

A series of unfortunate events.

Though instead of Jim Carrey there was some Ninjas involved.

But before I get too “Carreyd†away lets leave it at that.

The Baron is back in business and happy to

Share some News!

Reworking the permissions system.

Our developers are currently working on getting the permissions systems more user friendly.

Some of it is currently live on the test server but still has some ways to go before implementation on live servers.

But let me tell you about it as best I can.

you-shall-not-pass.jpg

The aim is a standard interface for all items.

A total of 4 general categories for permissions which are: trusted, friends, contacts and other.

You can manage permissions upon interaction on an object basis (building, mine door, boat, cart etc).

Add permissions to anyone in your trusted, friends or village category from object or on the fly.

On the fly meaning you will be able to manage anything (you have manage permission on) remotely using a new menu available by right clicking the body icon or inventory.

This includes your settlement as well.

Then by simply right clicking an item in the menu you will be able to manage it.

The permissions are available per item and will vary like it does now with some probable additions.

So, anyone with “manage permissions†will be able to er.. manage permissions.

It won't just be limited to the owner however.

Though it is only the owner that will be able to rename or change ownership.

Changing ownership will not be available on everything as an example the gates owner is determined from who places the lock.

Ownership of a door is the same as the building its in

All permissions will be player based but will also include the 'citizens, 'allies' and 'kingdom' where applicable.

Updated tooth / tooth pile

So this little addition is on its way in.

It opens up a whole new world of possibilities, just imagine this.

Upon receiving a critical hit to the mouth, you drop a pile of teeth on the ground.

It certainly has limitless potential for the general immersion in the game.

Challenge!

Another round of challence has finished and a big round of applause for all participants!

It has been a very interesting and different round which many will remember.

We will announce winners in a more formal post later.

Lod models for creatures.

Our continued quest for making the game run more smoothly is now also including creatures in the game, making them less detailed models when viewed from afar.

You probably remember my explanation about  lod, level of detail.

It is just a bit extra tricky when it comes to creatures from a developer perspective as there is also the animations to take into consideration.

But as creatures are generally quite detailed in comparison to much of the other content it is an area which also needs to get addressed.

New outer walls!

New walls are in development and they are looking pretty sweet if you ask me.

outerwalls1s.jpgouterwalls2s.jpg

Just click any of the two images for a larger version

Also the rock walls are getting some additions.

Outerwalls_stone.png

Sneak peak at the new office!

Our new office is quite fancy and roomy to say the least.

We are still moving in so there is much space to fill with furniture and what not.

Especially our kitchen, meeting room and hall.

I will however show you the more productive parts of the establishment where we do our general Wurming activities.

20150226_140553.jpg

Main office area with some specimens of the rare Haradur and ErikN

20150226_140743.jpg
Lair of the Rolf

Alright Wurmians I hope you have enjoyed this weeks post and the visit at our office!

I will try my best to keep the Ninjas at bay for the sake of the news.

Until next time friends,

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 50

Great to have you and your Weekly Updates back once again RedBaron! The office pics look very nice. Maybe have an office virtual tour available once they are completed inside?

The new permissions system should be very helpful but I can see how it will be a lot of work to put this into effect, it being needed to be attached to so many objects. Of course I will leave that in the Dev's capable hands and will just enjoy the benefits.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

If you are reworking permissions, it would be great if permissions on doors could be door based and not building based.

• Like 13

Welcome back Johan.

Also, the new stone walls, is the one on the right hinting at there being an upcoming way to be able to place items on shelves? 

Welcome back! An awesome update all around!

'Lair of the Rolf', I think you forgot that you dare not enter, judging by the reflection in the picture, haha.

Welcome back!!

I am not sure about the new stone wall versions but the timber ones are very nice. I will have to see the stone ones on a building i guess to see if i like them but any new wall is good. (maybe two slots might look better on them...there is just something that does not look quite right to me) 

Edit: Maybe the stone can have a version of a bay balcony type thing too? Maybe something like this..

KBZ6FbY.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

New walls are great looking, really nice indeed.

Updated tooth pile- shameful waste of time and resources.

Permissions Systems - group permission = wad up and throw away - need to be able to set individual permissions on everything.

Having News back -Priceless :)

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 3

Welcome back! The changes look exciting - I especially like the wall additions. It will also be nice to be able to grant a friend permissions without having to be allied with them to do so.

Thank you for the update!

Awesome update, but can we PLEASE get a response from Rolf on the communities outcry for more indepth patch notes, detailing what went into the game ( obv not like, code changed so hackers can't hack X) but especially anything related to pvp, people have voted in a large majority that they want exact %'s when it comes to pvp changes, not " it was tweaked"

If we could please have a response from Rolf, or you'll see this in the next weekly update. As I have posted in many since my first poll on the subject was put up.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sad to c that extra time you had after challenge isent beeing put into bridges as prevously stated.all thow the new walls and things look and sound good they could have waited imo.

If you are reworking permissions, it would be great if permissions on doors could be door based and not building based.

Door based permissions...YES PLEASE. +1

• Like 2

yall need to work on your cable management. i can only imagine what a server room would look like at your place...

but glad to see weekly updates again!  i look forward to those weekly news updates about what the wurm staff is working on.

very glad the permissions are being worked on. i know that's a big subject everyone in wurm has been waiting for something to be done about.

kudos to the wurm staff for permissions stuff being worked.

Welcome back Johan, you where sorely missed. Love the new walls , unfortunately this means I will be rebuilding . 

Permissions definitely need  some attention.

Pile of teeth... 

I dont even... SMH.

Rest looks good though!

• Like 1

they already are on test :)

each door can be renamed and managed individually

• Like 4

I see a new market for silver/gold/glimmersteel/ada dental implants... perhaps a subskill of jewelrysmithing? ;)

The permission group distinction of trusted, friends, allies and villagers and the plan to making all permission settings coherent is what really rocks this news update IMO.

I knew we would get pictures of the office space - you need to review the interior decoration threads a bit and take some ideas. I think trellises and a bear rug would make a good addition to the lair.

• Like 6

First off, welcome back! Glad to hear you are safe and sound and currently ninja-free. :)

Secondly new permissions... AWESOME!

Thirdly... BALCONIES!!! *drool* wants wants wants...

Welcome back Johan :)

Looks nice the new wall times, will give players more tools to give their village a unique vibe.

And as said before: A system for permission management of individual doors = yes please :D

Speaking of permission on individual doors, its seems like you aren't on Rolfs separate office writ? Seeing how you took the pictures through the glass XD

Also, the office lacks some man-size models of lava fiends, trolls or other agros. Would look pretty nice, having a lava fiend guarding your office entrance, or a troll standing in the corner ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic

This is some of the best news ever.  Having a ton of boats and several remote, it is a huge win.  THANK you for the new permissions categories.  When I meet people I get along with, I enjoy adding them to friends list.  Doesn't mean I trust them with all my stuff, so I love the separation for permissions.

Walls... just awesome!

Most importantly - Welcome back!!

(Nice Ikea desks)

Edit:  Please give us all a few days warning BEFORE THE PATCH comes out, so we can go full lockdown in prep for any permissions bugs.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 8

Talking about imersion, Baron tell dem to finaly add some other armor models to the armor rack!

• Like 1