Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

extra small crates,merchant crates

the idea its to have crates where we can fit 100 items that we can take in our inventories and put on merchants to sell.

I love this idea is is something we desperately need.  Small items like sprouts and nails :D we really need this Thanks Sanrina

I would also like to point out that merchants seem to really only benefit smiths and armor making people, but what about the foresters and even the farmers.  We all have different jobs on wurm.  Not everyone can be a black smith.

It not always possible to be on 24/7 to deliever to other players and farming and picking sprouts do take a lot of time.  I understand the abuse of being able to mass mail things like sprouts, but there should be no abuse when just selling with your merchant like someone sells a pickaxe or any other type of tool, weapon or armor.  We spend just as much time picking sprouts or farming as the person impping tools. 

Other people still have to travel to our merchants and buy the good like any other type of item, Since sprouts and nails ect. are typically sold in groups of 100 or more it would be worthless to put 50 individual sprouts or items in a merchant. 

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out on this.  Sanrina :D

Edited by Sanrina

-1.  Crates where a mistake and we shouldn't add even more. Crates violated a long standing and working volume mechanics. Crates create weird imbalanced situation like what we see with logs. Further, for a large crate, any object stored in the crate that has a volume larger that ~5 ends up creating a situation where the crate is bigger on the inside then the outside...Doctor Who Tardis technology in Wurm! lol, folks cry like babies if we start talking about GPS and maps...Oh, but a strange box that is bigger on the inside then outside...all good, yes sir!

One option is to make a portable bulk storage bin. No dumb loading, if you got the strength to pick it up, you just do. How cool would it be to have a "gunny sack" which weights equal to whatever is inside it and consumes a volume equal to whatever is inside it. Ya...1000 corn in a gunny sack which would weight about 100 kg and consume about as much space as a satchel.

Or Lets us withdraw an item from bulk storage as a single combined bundle. So use the corn example again, you'd withdraw 1000 corn as a single bulk item. It would weight 100kg, take up 18L of volume (about as much space as a satchel). One good think about this option is it would work very well with the current merchant system.

-1.  Crates where a mistake and we shouldn't add even more. Crates violated a long standing and working volume mechanics. Crates create weird imbalanced situation like what we see with logs. Further, for a large crate, any object stored in the crate that has a volume larger that ~5 ends up creating a situation where the crate is bigger on the inside then the outside...Doctor Who Tardis technology in Wurm! lol, folks cry like babies if we start talking about GPS and maps...Oh, but a strange box that is bigger on the inside then outside...all good, yes sir!

Unicorns, dragons, hell hounds, lava fiends and spiders, weapon and tool enchants, grass enchants, 2D mines, pheasants that give live birth, trolls, goblins, forest giants, and god avatars the size of Evangelions... 

Boxes having a TARDIS effect ain't too abnormal when you think about it ... after all, it's all timey wimey wibbly wobbly Time Lord stuff.

I would also like to point out that merchants seem to really only benefit smiths and armor making people, but what about the foresters and even the farmers.  We all have different jobs on wurm.  Not everyone can be a black smith.

It not always possible to be on 24/7 to deliever to other players and farming and picking sprouts do take a lot of time.  I understand the abuse of being able to mass mail things like sprouts, but there should be no abuse when just selling with your merchant like someone sells a pickaxe or any other type of tool, weapon or armor.  We spend just as much time picking sprouts or farming as the person impping tools. 

Other people still have to travel to our merchants and buy the good like any other type of item, Since sprouts and nails ect. are typically sold in groups of 100 or more it would be worthless to put 50 individual sprouts or items in a merchant. 

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out on this.  Sanrina :D

Locked bsbs/fsbs - sell the key :) Just helping out a little, +1 to OP

Actually seen alot of stuff sold thanks to keys and locks, like horses. Pen them up, sell the key, self service :)

Edited by Argustin
  • Like 1

I have been wanting a way to sell armour as a set on merchants forever. One of these days I will find the pita that keeps buying 1 glove. :lol:

+1

Forest in a box :- 1 silver and 10 copper for your own forest (10c refundable for box ;) )