Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

A Peaceful Server

A Peaceful Server = No Aggros

Well something that has not been tried in terms of new servers is a server with no aggressive mobs on it. Although this has been brought up in the past it has never been tried out to find out if it has much appeal to other players.

Since this would be a choice amongst the other server types I really can't see any negatives involved. Don't like the idea, don't choose to go there.

All the other mechanics on the server would be the same as the other PvE servers and be adjusted and added along those lines. The only thing missing would be aggressive mobs, so the Dev's just won't need to bother adding them.

Although in spite of my policy of avoiding aggros over the years I have built up high FS, NFS and 2HS skills, I really have no interest in them, other than to eliminate these pests if they come after me to disrupt my otherwise enjoyable time spent in the game.

I know I for one would move my main character to this server for this more peaceful lifestyle. I think all should be given this option if they choose, since it would not effect the existing PvE servers in any way. Well, except for maybe their loss of population due to what may be a more attractive server for many to live upon.

Weave your mysterious powers of creation o' god of Wurm and finally give us a peaceful server to dwell within. Tranquility strikes me as an apt name. Killers need not apply. Bye, bye.

=Ayes=

• Like 6

So your suggestion is to add YET Another server to compete with all the existing ones?

Heck why not add as many servers as there are players. One player per server, fun...

Just fence in a big enough area and put a GT in the middle, or plant a hughe deed with one guard. Problem solved, animal free space. Tho I can agree that some animals can be hard to kill, like the trolls, scorps and not to talk about the NoGumps and other valrei creatures. But if you stick Close to guard Towers that aggro them you can safely ride away or run away, in most cases.

A Peaceful server = A distopia of idealism.

How so, well quite simply without the pests that frequent your happy days of digging, mining or other genocide of the local environment, whilst rich and rewarding at first would quickly spiral into a realm of disappointment. Without the occasional thirst for the quenching of pixels one is reduced into a tedium of petty accomplishments. A world in which development is simply for the sake of development. Like many an artist before, without the challenge the drive to create is replaced by the facetious nature of boredom. Is this not simply a description of a purgatory of sorts, trapped in an inescapable limbo where drive and motivation are subdued by the drudgery of the day to day.

And what then, while many an artist before has turned to the chemical elements to relieve themselves of such burden, it would soon become apparent that in the self inflicted limbo that you have created that the wine does not taste, the air does not smell fresh and the flowers do not brighten your day, you will be trapped in a prison of your own creation.

So bring on your monsters with their fangs, teeth and snarling. Let them interrupt your timers. They are not their to hinder but to help relieve yourself from the burden of mediocrity and tedium. To enrich your lifestyle in an artificial reality. They are a blessing, not a curse.

=Tineen=

Oddly enough, I find my own real life is free from agro animals. I can remember as a kid, having a couple dogs chase me and scare the crap outta me, but since then, no attacks. I do prefer no attacks and can say that I choose to live that way.

However, I personally enjoy agro critters in wurm, but don't see any reason why my preference should be everyone's preference.  But... I'd say Rolf would not be interested, as that server would not need guards. Guards = income and why make a server that costs money to support and provides even less income?  Oh nevermind, I forgot about challenge (wink wink).

• Like 1

On my Xanadu deed I haven't seen an agro mob in at least 2 months. 

Nah.

• Like 1

So release another server to split players even more that has no appealing improvements but instead has features removed from normal play? 

-1! 

If you don't like mobs build a guard tower and hire a templar...

they don't even catch up with you now. aggro what? i thought the game was survival

So your suggestion is to add YET Another server to compete with all the existing ones?

Heck why not add as many servers as there are players. One player per server, fun...

Just fence in a big enough area and put a GT in the middle, or plant a hughe deed with one guard. Problem solved, animal free space. Tho I can agree that some animals can be hard to kill, like the trolls, scorps and not to talk about the NoGumps and other valrei creatures. But if you stick Close to guard Towers that aggro them you can safely ride away or run away, in most cases.

• Like 1

deli and exo where meant to be hunting servers xanadu a huge server to stress test and indy a normal server so why not add in a no aggro server and suggest it for newbies who click to go to freedom?

people say "oh it will grow boring after a while as theres nothing to fight" but thats pretty much the point a server of peace of being able to sit outside of your deed away from guard towers as a newbie and not having to look around while you chop down a few trees due to a troll sneaking up to you and clobbering you to death or your carrying 10 logs on you and your semi afk building charcoal piles and you come back to the red ring of death around you and a hardened troll corpse next to you >.>

i choose to live in the most aggro populated area in deli to have stuff to kill but i have said it before every time this topic comes up im all for a peaceful server with no aggro's simple reason being not everyone wants to fight nor can fight

earlier today i had to help out a newbie who came running down the highway being chased by several trolls and hell hounds and he was near death he had just started and started to explore when they started to chase him and he could not get away
we might have gotten used to it but for a lot of people what they want out of wurm is building and creating not fighting aggro's so why not let them have it for once? its been brought up over the years atleast 40 times all by different people(once by me myself as well) and every time a lot of the players who say they dont want it are those who can already kill anything alone except for unique and certain champs but truth is if you dont want to live on it well you dont have to

just because a peaceful server is release doesnt mean itl split up the population even more itl balance it out more over who wants to live where look at xanadu a lot of people went there and now a lot are coming back

i myself would most likely build a deed over on such a server just to keep my priests and my friends priests and such there where they can do their things in peace and quiet and join them on my main now and then

• Like 2

-1, if you want to live in peace just fence the whole village.

Currently existing PvE servers are very safe anyway, the biggest (non-unique) threat you can encounter on land are trolls, which are easy to take down even with just 70 FS and average gear. If we need something, this is the exact opposite - server with much more difficult and rewarding mobs.

Actually this type of server would be just as good as any other of the PvE servers becaue there are many more PvE players in the game.

Another server? Let's get the ones currently running in a better shape before adding more. Take care of the routing lag, the recent event of virtual interface troubles patched up, and other annoying things.

Another server? I don't see how that can help at this point.

Another server? Let's get the ones currently running in a better shape before adding more. Take care of the routing lag, the recent event of virtual interface troubles patched up, and other annoying things.

Another server? I don't see how that can help at this point.

pretty sure Ayes isn't asking for this to take priority over bug fixes, performance tuning and overdue content additions.  I started adding that to my suggestions.  I just assume all suggestions for new ideas are intended to be after.

There should be things to fight... should you aggro them. Deer, boars, etc.

Maybe even include a few animal mobs, but change them to only be hostile when attacked. Wolf, bear, mountain lion, itty bitty kitties. :)

• Like 2

Love your suggestion. I'd build a deed on a peaceful server. My FS is almost 80, but I'd enjoy not wearing armor for a change. It's lighter without armor & I could go anywhere without having to carry cotton. No more cleaning out my main mine every time I need to use it. No more fear of death by lag:)

I'd probably keep one of my deeds on Deli and add another on a peaceful server.

• Like 2

my thoughts exactly ellen

There should be things to fight... should you aggro them. Deer, boars, etc.

Maybe even include a few animal mobs, but change them to only be hostile when attacked. Wolf, bear, mountain lion, itty bitty kitties. :)

that is pretty much the point just none of the usual aggro mobs that would be hostile and if they where there they would be passive unless attacked

Just go drop a 200x200 deed on xana and hire a templar, no need for more servers.

+1. I'd live happily on a server with no aggro animals. I want to build and  terraform and potter around like a demented hedge witch, not deal with stupid wildlife. 

• Like 1

I don't like this idea at all. PvE is plenty Peaceful. Removing mobs just removes fun and a lot of skills that require mobs. Wouldn't be fun if nothing attacked you at some point.

Edited by landoz

+1 because although I wouldn't want anything to do with it not even if I was starting out I think others will like it.

-1 because there are too many servers however if a new server is added I vote for a pve one to be added. I have nothing against pvp just think they have a lot of servers that already cover a lot of the variety/styles for pvpers. Pve needs more options. Example a server with no hostiles and one with the harder to kill stuff you can find in pvp etc.

Edited by Lupe

huge +1.

I didn't read all the other posters. I'm sure its lots of posts from disrespectful players who think they now what's best for others.

Hey, I got 7+ years of playing, hundreds of hours of play time, 80 FS...ya and the "fighting" aspect of the game adds nothing to my gaming experience. 

• Like 1

-1 simply for the reason we have too many servers as it is. (Most only have 20-50 online at once...place feels like a ghost town at times)

I agree when you say PvE adds nothing for some players, that is true and it would be nice to have a server without aggro mobs. However we would need to remove or change an existing server to become that.

As others have said, if that is how you enjoy player and others too, get a lot of you together and drop a 200x200 deed with a couple templars. With a few people chipping in, it wouldn't cost much and 200x200 is plenty big. (If Rolf opens a new server, everyone pays for it whether they use it not)

good to see im not the only one who sees the agro mobs you find on your way as a waste of  my time i would be happy without.

even more now that in the last 2 years they kept raising and raising the agresive mob caps on pve servers to make the pvpers happy.

i do think we have too many servers already for the amount of players we have,but that never stopped them before, so this june 1st when we get the next server,could be nice if they do this

South Xanax already has no mobs, I just ran about 8 map squares with a naked nonprem.