vasisuelle

[EPIC] New event: Massacre

Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Hello fellow wurmians, 

what do you think about adding some spice to Epic? Something that will shake people and add more life to cluster. 

Once or twice a year (could be discussed later) Valrei gods become displeased with people of epic. So they fall asleep, and leave people for 48 hours without their protection and patronage. 

During these 48 hours epic players would see/feel/have:

• no magic at all (gods are sleeping and can't lend you their power)
  • no altar influence and god domains
  • 30% chance that Meditation bonuses (erupt/enchant/fear/teleport/recall home/and all others) will work
  • no reputation hits and no penalties (sleeping gods can't judge you)
  • possibility to threaten enemy kingdom merchants on Homeservers

That could be called The Massacre, or The Purge. 

You're gonna get smashed by carebears for even mentioning home servers, on an otherwise decent idea. Sad but true.

You're gonna get smashed by carebears for even mentioning home servers, on an otherwise decent idea. Sad but true.

Carebears IMO are not the backbone of Epic. Yes, they provide support and backup, but without PvP active players they would be permanently rekt 

Why not do as been suggested Before. Two weekends per month open up freedom for raiding and PVP.

*Everyone can go to freedom servers to pvp and raid. As it is now freedom people can go to chaos to pvp, why not make it even.

*Everyone can go to Epic servers to PVP each day 24/7. BUT Epic CANT go to other servers! This would spice things up imo :)

• no magic at all (gods are sleeping and can't lend you their power)
  • no altar influence and god domains
  • 30% chance that Meditation bonuses (erupt/enchant/fear/teleport/recall home/and all others) will work
  • no reputation hits and no penalties (sleeping gods can't judge you)
  • possibility to threaten enemy kingdom merchants on Homeservers

1.  So it'd be pretty much no locate soul, which is the equivalent of everyone being nolod, so no real change

2.  This wouldn't change anything

3.  Most of those aren't used very often, and some like enchant are pve use so I don't even see the point?

4.  Game mechanics to keep certain things inline whether they work properly or not.  Irrelevant to gods

5.  Bad idea, only good if you want to help run people off the game.  90% of merchant abuse is on Elevation, and merchants are heavily used on home servers for legit sales

Why not do as been suggested Before. Two weekends per month open up freedom for raiding and PVP.

*Everyone can go to freedom servers to pvp and raid. As it is now freedom people can go to chaos to pvp, why not make it even.

*Everyone can go to Epic servers to PVP each day 24/7. BUT Epic CANT go to other servers! This would spice things up imo :)

They chose pve to clearly not pvp.  Bad suggestion, as it has been mentioned before already many times

• Like 1

Forcing pve'rs  to pvp will cause a huge uproar, giving pve'rs the option to pvp will achieve nothing really.

1.  So it'd be pretty much no locate soul, which is the equivalent of everyone being nolod, so no real change

2.  This wouldn't change anything

3.  Most of those aren't used very often, and some like enchant are pve use so I don't even see the point?

4.  Game mechanics to keep certain things inline whether they work properly or not.  Irrelevant to gods

5.  Bad idea, only good if you want to help run people off the game.  90% of merchant abuse is on Elevation, and merchants are heavily used on home servers for legit sales

1. no locate soul, no light of fo, no worm brains, no flaming aura, no frostbrand

2. maybe, well, except no healing buff on mycelium

3. no nikes recall home to avoid PvP

4. look @ BL - it is pretty much self-ruled society 

5. I don't want to run people off the game, I want them to stand up and fight, and defend their property. It's PvP servers after all? Then why should it be restricted that way? If they want peace, then why did they step through Epic portal instead of Freedom?

MrGary you have a Point there somewhere.

But why not open up all Epic servers for PVP. But those Epic accounts cant leave their cluster, only us from the rest of the wurm World can go there to pvp and raid.

1. no locate soul, no light of fo, no worm brains, no flaming aura, no frostbrand

2. maybe, well, except no healing buff on mycelium

3. no nikes recall home to avoid PvP

4. look @ BL - it is pretty much self-ruled society 

5. I don't want to run people off the game, I want them to stand up and fight, and defend their property. It's PvP servers after all? Then why should it be restricted that way? If they want peace, then why did they step through Epic portal instead of Freedom?

1.  Enchants would already exists so no change.  Nolo exists so its not a huge change for locate soul.  Worm brains is mostly ever casted in boat pvp and on epic I'm not sure it has even been casted in pvp in months?  No lof, big deal?  If people have fos that cant cast it they'd just pick a different strategy which might mean less pvp (same for any other pvp spells)

2.  Thats a follower bonus

3.  Being out of local is probably why pvp is being avoided, considering you have to leave local to do so

4.  Yes that is the "lore" but wl has different rulesets...

5.  I don't think selling swords or wool hats outside of a starter deed has anything to do with pvp or having to defend their property

MrGary you have a Point there somewhere.

But why not open up all Epic servers for PVP. But those Epic accounts cant leave their cluster, only us from the rest of the wurm World can go there to pvp and raid.

I'm not sure what your point is because all epic servers are full pvp outside of the obvious same kingdom anti griefing rules on wl home servers which isn't really pvp anyway.

MrGary: I meant open Epic for existing accounts without the need to grind skills on separate Epic skillset.

MrGary: I meant open Epic for existing accounts without the need to grind skills on separate Epic skillset.

it doesn't take long to grind up your skills on epic its 2 times faster than freedom and we have the curve also we only have 2 ways to gain stam where freedom has a heck of a lot more ways.

freedom player skills would need to be modified for this to work

Forcing pve'rs  to pvp will cause a huge uproar, giving pve'rs the option to pvp will achieve nothing really.

they are on epic, they are already forced to pvp

You don't really have any idea how merchants are used on home servers do you?

90% of the merchants maintained on Serenity are maintained off deed in public areas used for the sale of goods. Pretty much the only exception to this rule would be Led's great construction, which is still a market just happens to also be deeded. This would coincidentally be raided into the ground. The only reason anyone would ever suggest the ability to taunt items off merchants on the home servers is to allow for the wholesale theft of perhaps thousands of silver worth of items and property being used in a legitimate and often times thriving home server item market. Not to mention rendering this intended use of game mechanics completely worthless and thus never utilized again.

Also, in case you weren't aware, the rules for being able to taunt and take items from merchants was added after Epic was launched in response to widespread item banking (which has never been an issue on Home Servers as far as I can recall). Though I will admit this is because massive raids against deeds is extremely rare on home servers so the players there never really felt the need to set up an item bank merchant.

I appreciate the purpose of your suggestion but I feel like almost all of the proposed changes would do nothing but hamper PvP because people would feel like their powers and abilities are being stripped away from them and they are thus more vulnerable. The only real way to encourage PvP is to make it fun and give people reason to fight (beyond "fight or I will kill you and take all your precious stuff"). The idea that you can promote PvP by threatening people with destroying everything they've built in Wurm should be considered old and out dated, because its literally never worked in the past.

I think that the Hunt of the Ancients did a great job of promoting PvP because it gave people a predetermined and publicly listed time when you know other kingdoms will gather for a fight in a specific area. It also gave you very specific objectives to accomplish within a set time frame so even if you did not get into a fight you felt the presence of a fight which can be fun even if no one shows up. On top of all this you are very directly rewarded for success and get a feeling of accomplishment out of it. Or at least thats how I feel about it.

Some sort of more organized and larger scale Hunt of the Ancients would be nice. Perhaps once a month with a guaranteed and controlled Valrei Item reward similar to the Unique Hunts currently so popular on the Freedom Cluster.

• Like 2

I dont really see this changing anything. People would go about the day as they always do

The idea that you can promote PvP by threatening people with destroying everything they've built in Wurm should be considered old and out dated, because its literally never worked in the past.

Yeah, but you've not mentioned that everything that people built could be easily destroyed this, or that way. Or you've forgotten raid on The Deed? BL just wiped everything and everyone on their way. Why can't they just gather similar party and wipe one of homeservers?

I think that the Hunt of the Ancients did a great job of promoting PvP because it gave people a predetermined and publicly listed time when you know other kingdoms will gather for a fight in a specific area.

HOTA gives almost nothing. Summer of 2014 (I suppose) JK won majority of HOTAs. Just because nobody gave a crap about it. HOTA and PvP are also not a knight tournament, where enemy kingdoms can gather, rattle their sabres and show everyone their amazing horses. It is war, with ambushes and skirmishes. War when enemies might come to your lands, ###### your men and eat your women.

The only real way to encourage PvP is to make it fun and give people reason to fight (beyond "fight or I will kill you and take all your precious stuff").

Any suggestions how to make it fun? Maybe devs should remove fulldrop? So that people in case of death would lose only skills, but keep their gear.

Edited by vasisuelle

BL just wiped everything and everyone on their way. Why can't they just gather similar party and wipe one of homeservers?

It is war, with ambushes and skirmishes. War when enemies might come to your lands, ###### your men and eat your women.

Glad to see the BL way of thinking isn't dead. You have fun with that, because no one else does.

• Like 1

You have fun with that, because no one else does.

Oh yea? 

Affliction players

35/400

There are also BLE people online.

Affliction players 35/400

Because you speak for your entire kingdom and every single one of them is willing to burn the whole cluster down for their own enjoyment.

Lmfao! PvE'ers already toss a massive fit about the simple existence of PvP! If this happened the complaints would be so massive the servers would all crash! 

Not to mention people people build their deeds/homes around the PvE Deed/Law permissions it would be a slaughter! 

As for the original topic of this post..

Possibly a fun idea, but most benefit would probably go to priests. Where they can not use magic, they can skill grind where they usually can not. Fletching, Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Farming, whatever to gain stats. 

Minus the part about merchant's =P.

I'm a BLH Carebear! Leave my merchant alone! She's nice =).

Because you speak for your entire kingdom and every single one of them is willing to burn the whole cluster down for their own enjoyment.

I am not blacklighter.

Just FYI ;)

• Like 1