Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Crowfall

Havent decided if I'll put money into this kickstarter; however, the concepts discussed are interesting.

http://kotaku.com/an-mmo-thats-like-game-of-thrones-meets-eve-online-1687854922

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description

EDIT: In some ways its actually pretty close to Challenge.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

50% of goal and 29 days left? It'll be funded.

No stretch goals? I feel like this is a bad thing but I'm not terribly familiar with kickstarters so I don't know for sure.

The ability to purchase your own kingdom through the kickstarter? I was on board until I saw this option... and it appears at least 1 person is already a 'King'. With several others filling smaller slots for their own personal fiefdoms.

Plus the references to VIP Membership makes me worried about their subscription model. And they are selling up to six years of premium in the kickstarter? Wasn't I just reading a thread on these forums about people selling memberships for that length because they know the game will never go the distance...

All in All it looks really promising but throws up too many red flags for me to be comfortable supporting it at this stage.

I'm glad to see them pushing the genre. Also cool that they're using the same voxel engine as EQ Next.

I'm a bit wary of their plans to re-set the contested portion of the world over and over. That empowers smaller powers in the game, sort of, but disrupts the world's persistence and player narratives. Sometimes it's fun, as with Goons in Eve, to have an Evil Empire to go guerrilla on.

Edited by Tipper

well it reached its goal and they are now going for stretch goals but from what i have seen its promising but i myself am not going to fund their kickstarter even though its the kind of game i would love to back but im already waiting on 16 games to reach the point they can be considered playable games that are worth it so not gonna fork out more until they actually reach a point where its worthwhile to play it