Sign in to follow this  
MsInformative

Nine years and no documentation on the troll's shod club.

Seriously, though, from my experience the webpage wiki is alot more useful than the abbreviated version ingame.

I've played Wurm Online for years and i still check the wurmpedia webpage.

This.

On the other hand, in-game wiki is really not too useful even though it should be one of main sources of knowledge for a new players - in my opinion, clicking "Find on Wurmpedia" option should open web page with proper Wurmpedia page instead of showing very shallowed version of the description.

Edited by Warlander

(cur | prev) 14:37, 24 February 2015‎ Lokitia (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (677 bytes) (+677)‎

(Created page with "A huge metal shod gnarly branch, worn and strengthened by weather. A huge shod club weighs 15 kg and is used as a weapon by trolls. Using it as a weapon gives Huge club skill...")

Looks like someone's done this now, we can all relax and stop panicking.  Wurm is saved.

• Like 1

Many of the item links don't work and for whatever reason pages that are updated don't display.

It's been brought up before. Certainly archived by now.

If the lack of info is bothersome you could write it yourself and add it, or post it in the proper section of the forum with a request that someone adds it (wiki section)

I would write it, but because of the extreme rarity and powerfulness of this item I have never obtained one so I have no information on it.

• Like 1

Aye many of the "Whats This?" pages havent been edited, and unfortunately the ingame viewer dont use much of the same formatting the regular wiki pages do when viewed by a browser. Tables in particular are a major pain.

At least until someone sits down and writes up all of the "Item:" pages, or someone upgrades the ingame viewer.

And yes, I do believe all those who put time and effort in writting and maintaing the wiki as documented and as accurate as possible deserve appreciation.

Make a thread about it.

Evening is actually the sweetest CA I have ever seen, always saying something nice as end when helping someone, I also noticed this convo in CA and that the guy was given a link.
The CAs are only human and I was also like "what is here a topic in forums also", so I can see where the snapping came from.

It's a stick with a side carved down to be easier to grab.

It's a great newbie weapon, of course at newbie stages it's more about finding one than GETTING one.

Works well with cheap q40 chain mail to stay alive those first weeks of wurm.

Give Mordy a cookie =D

The secrets of the illusive shod club is handed over from generation to generation. Its not to be taken lightly by copy/pasting it randomly. For example i could write an epistel of how Propheteers grandpa found out how trolls make them, but its need to know data for now. ;)

To interpret: We have been really busy for the last 7-10 years, we have done many things like nerf stuff.. add stuff and we found that the shod club was not worth our time. Please feel free to keep subscribing. 

Personally I thought  Evening's reply was great and entirely appropriate to  match the tone of the op.

Since OP seemseither unable or disinclined to mention it. thank you to those that  updated  the wiki. ;)

i made it redirect to the actual page easier to do that then to try and keep 2 of the same pages going 1 with half the info missing

The person who made this post was being bitchy. There i said it :P. Stop demanding and whining when you can do it yourself. If your going to tell me to calm down, calm yourself down and get a brain. Wurmpedia is community edits, not ran by the developers, but moderated by the Lead GM's. Get a account and do it yourself (thats the guide for wurm BTW)

• Like 1

It's a big stick..and it realllly hurts when a troll smacks you with it.

I remember gathering up over 90 of these troll sticks after a huge population

of trolls got wiz-killed; just to get a body count.

[They were multiplying like rats in a mine.  Recovering

ones corpse in such a situation was not going to happen; hence the assistance

of one of the "game gods" to hit them with "troll insta-kill" mojo.]

Pfft only tower guards use those and they don't read the wiki :P

Dis be so true.

Considering the silver I make selling the clubs to the trolls, I really don't want their secrets given away ;)

Honestly, I find it amazing that so many pages exist on the wiki. A lot of people have taken a lot of time and effort to fill out the knowledge of the game. If they miss a trash item or two, and troll clubs are such since players can not make them, well, as other players have pointed out, you can always add it yourself. And, I have to admit, I have never added anything to the wiki because I've spent a day in Wurm without using the wiki so I don't feel qualified to make changes. I only entered the portal into Wurm 1116 days ago, so I'm still new.