Sign in to follow this  
PokeMoney

Airsoft!

So tomorrow I will be getting an airsoft gun, as well as a tent, a knife, and other outdoor gear.

Dispite me being a indoor nerd, I enjoy spending time in the "Wild" (Campsites). I also enjoy firing airsoft guns and I will be happy to get my own.

I also like to spend my time outdoors, camping, playing paintball, long walks on the beach.

yTGybll.jpg

• Like 1

Last time I played paintball, I was in grade 5 at the local paintball field for a friend's birthday. The management was horrible, the buildings were breaking (I fell through a floorboard), and they made kids sign a contract, something the parents have to legally sign.

That's unfortunate, my first experience was when i was 16, had to sign a waver and all that because of Australian laws. Now i just rock up to my local field and play since im a member and gun owner.  

I've not done airsoft myself, but I've gone paint balling many times, and it is always a blast. Favorite paint balling time is during the 4th of July camping trip I take, there is a fairly large course at the campground site and I will spend usually all the time it is open (8 hours) lighting people up :P

• Like 1

If you need any help picking out outdoor gear im your buddy and pal! I lead trips around the world both on technical climbs and non-technical and have some knowledge im always down to share!

What gun is it? Is it your firstie?

I got too many of em :P.. But still never got an airsoft sniper

I don't quite get airsoft (the goal of ultra-realistic looking weapons part).

Also, how do you know if you hit em, with paint you sure know ^_^

From someone interested in paintball, does it hurt? I always see photos of paintballers covered in welts ( closest I've got is laser tag courses at friends birthdays way back when)

Mmm paintball'in

If one is starting out, I highly recommend a good pair of kneepads in addition to the required facemask. Also dont stint on either, its well worth putting the money and research in.

For example, dont get a face mask with holes directly over and around the mouth like on some cheaper masks. Paint doesnt taste good.  :P

Theres a few with inner lining and mismatched holes to avoid this.

Good circulation around the eyes, something decent for fogging, etc.

Secondary concerns, some gloves with heavy backing/flexible inner pad and a bandanna/something light to cover the head. Getting shot between the fingers by someone with their pressure dialed up is a real pain (literally), and while the paint will wash out of the hair, its pretty grimy in the meantime, especially when playing all day.

Some like heavy clothing, especially with high pressure ranges; however, I rarely bothered. Helps you know you actually got hit when the adrenaline and other systems are pumping.

Overall have fun and dont be an ass. Theres enough of those already.

Edited by Klaa

I just got thegun, got to miss school for the day.

275 fps

Takes .12 gram pellets

15 round clip

Spring operated

Stinger P91 handgun w holster

Slide safety

I also bought a geltrap for target practice

I used to run a paintball and airsoft home business and still have a ton of left over stock I kept when I closed the business.  I also played both for several years.  For what it is worth, airsoft is so much more enjoyable than paintball imho.  The weapons are more realistic, there is no worry of having to clean up your gear from all that paint splatter (because there is none), and you can carry many more rounds of ammo during play.  On the other hand, while getting hit with an airsoft bb does hurt especially at close range, it is a game of honor and mutual integrity.  Since the bb's leave no paint mark, it is easy to cheat and say you did not get hit.  But since most players play with their guns set to full auto, you will likely get hit with dozens of bb's per second which is quite noticeable and even painful without proper protection.

That said, airsoft is a tremendously enjoyable game and I prefer it so much more than paintball!

I had a thompson m1a1

450fps

All metal

Real wood stock and grips

Steel receiver so the blow back bolt mod didnt ruin it

.20gram

Had two stick mags and a drum

Played a few rounds but fps caps on teqms here made it not worth using. I sold it, bought two real mosin nagants and an enfield, all wwII dates. Love shooting them more then airsoft.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Also, how do you know if you hit em, with paint you sure know ^_^

People that got hit usually signalize it in some way, raising hands or maybe shouting. They get off the battle field usually, too.

Demondan, all of the paintball gear has been long sold.  I shifted mid-way to strictly airsoft so that by the time I closed the business, airsoft gear was all I had left.  I only have 4-5 guns left and boxes of supplies.  But I am not looking to sell anything leftover.  I plan to hold on to it for the grandkids, lol