Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Game Servers available now

Allright, I reconfigured stuff to avoid that pesky virtual subnetting which caused the issues. The game servers are back up. Thanks to everyone who went out on limbs to help sort the problems, installing linux and virtual machines and whatnots in order to figure out what the problem was/is. Also thanks to you lovely Wurmians who showed such patience during the ordeal.

Now for some sleep!

• Like 42

Rolf, u da man!!! Hope ya sleep well u deserve it! Wurm on!

• Like 1

Thanks truly Rolf!  you revived our baby!, it's alive again!  Get some needed rest, you grinded this problem hard.  did you get decent skill gain?  I'm guessing you really wish you had sleep bonus about now.

• Like 2

Good job to rolf and everyone. I am glad it did not happen during my playtime. This game is my vice.

Great job to Rolf and the team! It was a slight bit of torture having to go without a Wurm fix for so long, but I appreciate you working to solve the problem as well as keeping us informed as to what was going on.

Definitely due for a good night's rest!

Awesome and thanks Rolf for staying up and getting this fixed! 

and yes get some sleep!

Share the solution, mon!  It's the Linux way!  =D

Glad it didn't take a clean install ^_^

*chants*

Linux installed... One of us...

Linux installed... One of us........ 

A well deserved good long sleep for you, Rolf! Thank you for bringing Wurm back to life, sweet dreams!!

will i loose a day of premium in exchange for the 35  minute sleep bonus i got ?

Excellent job and news! I have to say, I am impressed with your ability to reach out to the players and ask for their input/help. This commynity is amazing.

• Like 3

It was a long night, Rolf. Thank you for doing it. 

And thank you all you lovely Wurmian nerds (said with much affection) for helping!

• Like 1

Thank you for pulling the late hours Rolf and team.  Yes, it's your business and your game, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to do it or go above and beyond like you did - - us addicts appreciate the commitment and look forward to a nice binge session now instead of sleep heheh.

• Like 1

Thanx rolf! I applaud your intestinal fortitude to keep on grinding it out for us. And kudos for involvong those on the IRC!

Krisstofer

Haha we could see now where the serious grind concept of the game is coming from - seeing Rolf bashing the wall of the issue until it got down

will i loose a day of premium in exchange for the 35  minute sleep bonus i got ?

Perspective time.

8E a month averages to 0.26E a day, of course you are not playing 24/hrs a day but we'll pass over that.

1 Silver = 1E for most purposes and a sleep powder goes for 1 silver so for 1E

35 mins of sleep bonus equates to .58E if using powders as a reference.

Congratulations!   you got double value for the day in pure monetary terms you came out ahead.

It also shows that if the game were down for FOUR days, Rolf only has to offer ONE hour of sleep bonus to match in value.

Perspective. Sometimes its not on your side.

• Like 5