Sign in to follow this  
Idlehumor

Body Dexterity Characteristic Skill

I searched "dexterity" and didn't see much of anything posted, so as the title suggests, I'd like to see a body dexterity skill added to the game. The main benefit for said skill I had in mind would be up to 10% action timer reduction at 99 skill. 9% at 90. 8% at 80 and so on.

Could be used as a premium skill level requirement for certain tasks or item uses/creation such as 20.5 skill required to use a loom and spinning wheel.

Could give increased chance to dodge while in weaponless and unarmored combat.

Could introduce a sprinting ability at a specific skill (like 30) which uses stamina when holding 10% or less of max carry weight.

I was thinking along the lines of hand and feet dexterity rather than balance of the whole body

I was thinking along the lines of hand and feet dexterity rather than balance of the whole body

Control, of your Body.

Then how about the ideas I suggested? like decreased action timers and what not? regardless if it's called control or dexterity

Then how about the ideas I suggested? like decreased action timers and what not? regardless if it's called control or dexterity

Decreased timers already come from raising the relevant skill itself. I don't see a reason to add another variable impacting this.

Wind of Ages or Blessings of the Dark

hmmm, I guess I didn't think this through. my original thought was to have something new to grind that could help both new players and veteran players. I know sprinting has already been suggested, but I still like my idea for increased dodging for weaponless and/or armorless fighting

No newbies or veterans have 100 in stats, so they don't need a new stat to grind.

This is why new forum members should not be allowed to make suggestions. 

You make it sound like I just opened up my trench coat and flopped around my noobieness for everyone to see.... not that I didn't just do that but yeah lol

Edited by Idlehumor
  • Like 1

you must be fairly new so fyi...

1) The main benefit for said skill I had in mind would be up to 10% action timer reduction at 99 skill. 9% at 90. 8% at 80 and so on.      By the time you reach 99 skill in anything, timers are pretty ridiculously fast.  Higher QL tools along with enchants will also increase this at lower skill levels

2)  Could be used as a premium skill level requirement for certain tasks or item uses/creation such as 20.5 skill required to use a loom and spinning wheel.   Something like this would be a nightmare making the F2P option even more worthless and many F2P slave alts uselss for most low skill busy work

3) Could give increased chance to dodge while in weaponless and unarmored combat.    There are already many variables in-game that effect this such as body control, fighting skill, fighting type and even ennvironmental variables like having the high ground

4) Could introduce a sprinting ability at a specific skill (like 30) which uses stamina when holding 10% or less of max carry weight.    I am not sure about the exact percentage of weight in inventory, but when carry very little weight the char already runs much faster than realistically possible and as your body strength rises you can carry more and continue to maintian 15km/h or whatever top speed is.... edit:  also, I have been told that WOA on footwear will also make you run faster.  I have never tried it myself bc I dont travel much more than 5-10 without being on horseback.

Hope this help your understanding of the game mechanics :)

Edited by BillGuns82
  • Like 1

edit:  also, I have been told that WOA on footwear will also make you run faster.  I have never tried it myself bc I dont travel much more than 5-10 without being on horseback.

Someone has been having fun with you there ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't like something that universally reduces my action timers.  A lot of the timer that's nice.  Say imping something quickly to max skill quickly.

Other times not so nice, like when I'm skilling.

With the current mechanics I can manage this with tool QL and/or wind of ages.  A universal reducer wouldn't allow that flexibility.

While a new stat sounds fun at an initial glance.... 

You'd have to link it up to sooo many systems, hope the numbers don't blow up when processing exp which is quite a mess of an equation as it is and........... you know when you wanna level carpentry but keep getting mind and body ctrl ticks instead?  PLEASE NOT ANOTHER ONE MON, DON'T BE LIKE THAT! =P

I'm gonna have to -1 you on this one, sorry m8.

Adding to one's base speed running on foot, maybe to affect climbing speed, could be on board with that idea.  Thing is, all sarcasm aside, body control does the job.  Linking THAT characteristic to run, climb, and maybe swim speed could make for an interesting idea.

my 2 copper