Sign in to follow this  
hvergi

[Can be Locked]Deed Settings - Digging of clay,tar,moss,peat

There are many people who ended up with some of these resources on their deed, most of them seem to be fine with the idea of letting people dig at them if they didn't have the power to dig up the lawn at the same time.  I'd like to see a new setting added to the deed settings so we can grant permissions to players to dig at these tiles that is not tied to the current terraforming permission.

Short version.

Deed permission role not tied to terraform for clay,tar and it's ilk.

Well it seems this request is coming to the game soon, see here for more details.

Edited by hvergi
  • Like 12

heck why not include a function of mine rock, iron, tin, zinc, copper, lead, slate, silver, marble, gold as well?

• Like 1

Good idea.

As a beginner, I deeded over a tar pit not realising that I was in effect depriving other players of the resource. If this choice was available, I would have been able to open the pit up for all.

This, exactly. I've had issues with previous deeds and resource blockage.

Also, too much tin, so so so much tin. I'd have loved to allow every random person to mine tin, but not the iron next to it.

So +1 Hvergi, +1 Uberknot addition.

+1

Not sure if anyone even uses it but would love players to be able to access the tar i have now deeded over.

Good suggestion Hvergi. The only problem with this might be if someone decides to drop a lot of dirt on these types of resources, raising them up erratically. Some setting would have to be attached to disallow this.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Yup ayes, I agree with that.  Though it shouldn't be that hard to implement as a feature.

Agreed.
When someone deeded the moss hill near GD tunnel on Deli he shut all of us out of the public tar there.
Suffering from that lack of tar, that I use alot in my forges, I decided to never block a digable resource from the community.
This limits me from expanding my Xana main deed in two directions cause I have tar and peat there.

When the ability in deed permissions to dig clay/tar/peat on deed is enabled it will be great, although I can envision some either not bothering to enable this or intentionally not doing so. Still, I wonder how this will effect everyone being able to drop dirt on these areas if the setting is enabled. Remains unknown for now but it could cause some problems and then maybe others would start once again to turn off this ability for the other others.

=Ayes=