Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Extended downtime

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just install a few more physical NIC's and %$"# the virtual ones =P 

Say who are the three peeps in GV?

There were three people on it when it got turned off.

It's responsible for updating that blurb, so when it's not running, it just sticks at the last result.

As I understand it, anyway.

i just.. started, and after 3 hours of mining straight, found out about the sleep thing. used an hour of my 5 hours saved up before, it shut down for a restart.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just install a few more physical NIC's and %$"# the virtual ones =P 

this guy knows about as much about packets as rolf does

Could it be that when the servers were upgraded with the new version of Debian, that the Linux kernel was also part of the upgrade process? If the network configuration files have not changed since the upgrade and eth0:0 just stopped working I wouldn't rule it out. What if you downgrade to the previous Linux kernel/modules? Does it solve the eth0:0 problem?

Guys.. Just know that no matter how long the servers are down:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCnOpDImaA

• Like 2

A heart beat in the servers.....bum bum....bum bum.....you hear that? I SENSE IT .... bum bum.....

If nothing else, hopefully this will teach us to backup a stable working copy of the game before updating anything. There is no way to roll back the previous version before the update so at least the game could be played while the issues are being looked into?

Rolf you rock man thanks for all the long hard work and not giving up we salut you.

Just to clear it a bit - it was not a debian update issue as there had been no updates prior to the issue.

I still suspect it's been an unadvertised change at the hosting company which stopped the local traffic between servers.

Of course we will hardly ever know it as it is beyond reach to any here to access the hosting router :)

Anyway it was a long day and night for Rolf and all my respect for him to chew it through and bring it back up.

What I've seen on the irc this is quite a great community most there tried to jump in to help only a few trolls which is fabulous on an uncontrolled platform like irc... What I see finally I need to pick up those linux networking courses waiting for my on my disk :) Maybe alongside some serious grind in Wurm...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

tell the fix so everyone else with the same computer can fix theirs, also. hah