Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Extended downtime

Does "extended" mean for 6, 8, 10, 12, 18, or 24 hours???

A further update of progress would be appreciated...

Does "extended" mean for 6, 8, 10, 12, 18, or 24 hours???

A further update of progress would be appreciated...

Thank you for the heads up.

Guess I'm finally going to get some SLEEP tonight :D

• Like 1

I was in the middle of clearing a 65x43 deed of over 2k rosebushes when the maintenance started, for the sake of everyone else i hope the game doesn't restore to a backup before all of my chopping.

• Like 2

Missing my wurm fix :(   -  guess I will have to  play  rl  for  while.    Ty  for info - saved me tearing my hair out  checking and re checking  my  computer.   

I was in the middle of clearing a 65x43 deed of over 2k rosebushes when the maintenance started, for the sake of everyone else i hope the game doesn't restore to a backup before all of my chopping.

outch! I shall cross my fingers for you

Seems his networking software did. There's not enough walls to bang your head on when hardware refuses to talk to each other.

Yikes. This stuff can make you crazy. Hope it doesn't escalate to the BFH tool level. (Big F***ing Hammer)

Edited by Clatius

It is not looking good i would say it will be tomorrow before it gets resolved they are thinking it is an issue with the router at the hosting company from what i can tell in IRC so that will likely take a while.

Either way things do not look good seems like we are all going to have the night off. 

Edited by Kegan

It is not looking good i would say it will be tomorrow before it gets resolved they are thinking it is an issue with the router at the hosting company from what i can tell in IRC so that will likely take a while.

Either way things do not look good seems like we are all going to have the night off. 

It is pretty late there, pushing 11 pm. It's hard to think when tired and, as I am sure, stressed on top of it. He's giving it a good go though. (Don't faint, Rolf... I do appreciate you putting your back into this. Got a Starbucks nearby? Or a cot in the office?)

• Like 1

Well, good luck to all involved then.

I must say how impressed I have been at some of the ideas that the community have come up with- also shows how little I actually know about the working of a game.

• Like 2

Well atleast great opportunity to see how addicted we are :D

The test server is up i guess we can really test the bridges now while we wait. 

You guys know me... when I suspect dev incompetence, I say it shamelessly.

Debian (linux flavor) update went sour... at server level... 

At home PC level, I've seen the odd upgrade require a clean install, albeit less and less over the years.

Also seen at server level, MANY times, and Windows servers get it too (not sure if more or less to be honest but happens) .... 

Your config is fine, always has been, it's textbook even... an update comes in and suddenly ONE config file, as part of a major revamp on something, is now in a different folder.  You go nuts looking at your config like you actually should, you do everything textbook, until you decide to google with different terms and find the guy's post who, in the past 5 hours, found out that a config file you'd have never even THOUGHT off needs a 3-letter modification to point to the new settings' file.

In the meantime you've spent 8 hours feeling like an idiot because nothing's working OR making sense.

This specific time, seeing a few posts on the web regarding debian server blowing up in ways similars to Wurm's ... best thing we can do is look deep within ourselves for our ancestral roots and revive the traditions of the Wait'n'see tribe.

If you know a linux buff that doesn't play wurm (edit: or one that plays and ain't noticed the downtime yet), call them and have them look at:

The nerdier, the better.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 5

:( i took a day of from work, to work on my deed... seems i'll just take another day this week then.

There's no place on earth, The North Men Won't find you.

Guys there is a life outside of the game you know, just take some rest from Wurm and go out to play a game of bowling + few pints, maybe involve your flirting abilities and in the morning this downtime will look like never happened at all. 

Guys there is a life outside of the game you know, just take some rest from Wurm and go out to play a game of bowling + few pints, maybe involve your flirting abilities and in the morning this downtime will look like never happened at all. 

"You see that hill, baby?  Betcha I could flatten it in a few days.. know anyone with a rare shovel?  Hey... wait... I mean... uh... angels falling from sky.... roses are red....?   *sigh*" 

• Like 4