Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Extended downtime

Yea, I still wonder why we don't get sleep powders instead (even if they were untradable) so we could use them later. Sucks to be sitting on full SB when things like this happen.

• Like 8

good luck rolfie *crossing fingers for logging into 5 hrs sb*

Yea, I still wonder why we don't get sleep powders instead (even if they were untradable) so we could use them later. Sucks to be sitting on full SB when things like this happen.

If you're sitting on full SB, you're doing it wrong.

• Like 6

If you're sitting on full SB, you're doing it wrong.

Not when I was saving up to finish my mining grind :P

• Like 2

they would first have to figure out how to make untradable sleep powders. current game mechanics dont allow that atm. requires hiring another dev for that...

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, Rolf.  I guess I'll try and catch up on some real-life housekeeping. :P

This^ that way I dont have to interrupt my current project and grind out the SB when the bar gets fully refreshed.

I just did the dishes because wurm is down :o this day is odd indeed.

Edited by beach
  • Like 3

Well, there better be work&progress update this week im not liking this silence...

We had more updates when Rolf was working alone..

• Like 1

inb4 "Couldn't fix the problem, going to bed, l8rs wurmers".

• Like 2

Was going to spend the afternoon working on a paving project only to log on and find this... not a happy camper.  :(

It's a Debian update.

Wish I knew a bit more in-depth about networking, ain't done it in too many years but as a linux user can tell you, usually updates are seamless but SOMETIMES a change in an update ... how to say.. "points to upcoming updates" and something as simple as a config file now being in a new folder can throw admins into a pit of despair until they find it and realize that NOW it's quite obviously easy to fix.

So finding the exact problem may take hours, in part depending on how fast other debian-using admins get on forums to post the solutions... once found however, the actual fix may take a few minutes tops.

woooooo 5hrs hopefully :D

Here's hoping!!

I've been highly active lately with skill grinding past few days and was at like 40 minutes when the server went down =D 

Saving Sleep Powder is always a good thing!

I was busy getting my face munched by a spider when the server disconnected me this morning. Here's hoping I still have a face when it comes back online! 

• Like 4

Does "extended" mean for 6, 8, 10, 12, 18, or 24 hours???

A further update of progress would be appreciated...

• Like 1

They are having a good talk about it on irc seems it might be awhile this time