mthoodyn

Remove Artifacts, Champions and SOTG [CHAOS ONLY]

130 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Artifacts, Champs and SOTG

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

65.17% thats pretty clear no.

until you realize that 50/59 clearly benefit from SOTG/Artis/Champs and have no reason to complain about it.

Edited by Propheteer

until you realize that 50/59 clearly benefit from SOTG/Artis/Champs and have no reason to complain about it.

Then what is the point of a poll if you will disagree with what the poll says...?  Are you expecting to get a poll that only people that don't have gone/champ/arties can vote so you can get a truly biased result to fit your agenda?

90 votes isn't really a whole lot but this is what's shown by people voting so far.  Just because you or I are more vocal doesn't mean our opinions weigh more, nor does making anyones opinion weigh less because they have what you want removed

Edited by MrGARY

Then what is the point of a poll if you will disagree with what the poll says...?  Are you expecting to get a poll that only people that don't have gone/champ/arties can vote so you can get a truly biased result to fit your agenda?

90 votes isn't really a whole lot but this is what's shown by people voting so far.  Just because you or I are more vocal doesn't mean our opinions weigh more, nor does making anyones opinion weigh less because they have what you want removed

I guess it would be fair too if everyone who had the letter P in their name got 80% damage reduction permanently.

It's balanced because the people who don't have it want it removed.

Just saying it needs to be taken into consideration, that those who benefit most are the least likely to want it balanced. You can't honestly say that in any way that 50% damage reduction helps the game, and is a balanced addition when compared to the alternatives. Its also proven that when the far majority are using something compared to something else, that its most likely unbalanced, and from that you can derive that when said majority doesn't want it changed, its not very common that keeping it as is is healthy for the game.

And thats my 2c from playing games that foster competitive atmospheres for a long period of time.

Edited by Propheteer

Polls that stack multiple suggestions in are pointless if you're aiming for more to agree with you as folks will agree with one and not the other thus giving you less votes lol

• Like 1

Wurm Online (im)balance as a whole is a clear line-up of best to worst. If you can say that X, Y, or Z is clearly the best, then either it is overpowered or something below it is underpowered (ie. shield of the gone is the former, plate/drake/scale/moon metal are the latter).

The rest is just a question of whether it fits the game. One hit kills against mid-high level accounts with the best available armors obviously do not fit here. 

Edited by SotG_is_OP

wow this thread is still going.

Let me know when a thread about nerfing vynora priests in combat is up.

Apparently the Orb does backfire on BL.

Wurm Online (im)balance as a whole is a clear line-up of best to worst. If you can say that X, Y, or Z is clearly the best, then either it is overpowered or something below it is underpowered (ie. shield of the gone is the former, plate/drake/scale/moon metal are the latter).

The rest is just a question of whether it fits the game. One hit kills against mid-high level accounts with the best available armors obviously do not fit here. 

i can agree partially. you could say poi is clearly better then pok in a combat situation for example, but pok is clearly better if you're just grinding skills.

Should all paths give the same abilties so they are all equal in every situation? i dont think so.

as for the artifacts, one-hit kills versus a guy in full plate armour should be impossible.

it has been suggested before but instead of just giving them huge amounts of damage output, which is pretty weak in terms of creativity, give them unique and permanent enchants.

Example for any of the weapons: throw it at your enemy and watch it comeback like a boomerang. medium wound(?) short range and an hour cooldown or so

Edited by dapperdan
  • Like 1

Havent noticed that this is Chaos only now.. wow, nice move!

i can agree partially. you could say poi is clearly better then pok in a combat situation for example, but pok is clearly better if you're just grinding skills.

Should all paths give the same abilties so they are all equal in every situation? i dont think so.

No, they shouldn't be the same, but they should be roughly equal in viability and have situational effectiveness (rather than universal). Knowledge is the only one designed with PvE in mind. The rest are supposed to play a combat role, but free is useless, saint is crappy, vibrant light is good combined with it's level 9, and gone is clearly the best. Buffing LT to heal more than one wound would get ugly with saint as it would become more powerful than gone in some situations. It's not even shield of the gone or the other level 11 abilities though, there are a few others that have too much effect.

TLDR The four combat oriented paths should have situational and roughly equal viability with much less effect on PvP overall and not be a requirement to PvP.

Might as well remove all gear, skills, etc and make it deathmatch.

No, they shouldn't be the same, but they should be roughly equal in viability and have situational effectiveness (rather than universal). Knowledge is the only one designed with PvE in mind. The rest are supposed to play a combat role, but free is useless, saint is crappy, vibrant light is good combined with it's level 9, and gone is clearly the best. Buffing LT to heal more than one wound would get ugly with saint as it would become more powerful than gone in some situations. It's not even shield of the gone or the other level 11 abilities though, there are a few others that have too much effect.

TLDR The four combat oriented paths should have situational and roughly equal viability with much less effect on PvP overall and not be a requirement to PvP.

Insanity:  Pure defensive zero offensive

Power:  Decent mix of defensive and indirect offensive

Hate:  Good offensive with minor specialized defense

Love:  Pure defensive zero offensive (but as we know is limited by LT mechanics horribly)

Imo they're all situational, and hate can use some tweaking on level 11 which tbh after thinking about how strong ignoring weapon enchants can be combined with doing more damage, I think just at least ignoring pillars is a good addition.  Something else I thought about for Saint... LT should just heal the same amount as before, but heal 2 different wounds.  But, my point is how viable they are is based on your perception, is pure defensive bonus better than pure offensive bonus?  They are all situational

• Like 1

Not really. Gone helps you the most in any scenario. When you live twice as long, you have double the potential damage output (indirect offensive). It also increases the life span of your entire group.

Free is useless against anyone but Libila priests; it's level 7 is better than its level 11 aside from other obvious issues. Vibrant light prevents a penalty (zero stamina = dead) rather than directly increasing the time it takes to kill you, and the activated level 9 is on par with the level 11 providing direct damage reduction. As stated, saint is useless due to crappy LT mechanics. Enlightened doesn't directly affect PvP, and it's fine to have one oddball.

Gone isn't situational. It helps you greatly in every given circumstance, unlike the other level 11 paths.

Not really. Gone helps you the most in any scenario. When you live twice as long, you have double the potential damage output (indirect offensive). It also increases the life span of your entire group.

Free is useless against anyone but Libila priests; it's level 7 is better than its level 11 aside from other obvious issues. Vibrant light prevents a penalty (zero stamina = dead) rather than directly increasing the time it takes to kill you, and the activated level 9 is on par with the level 11 providing direct damage reduction. As stated, saint is useless due to crappy LT mechanics. Enlightened doesn't directly affect PvP, and it's fine to have one oddball.

Gone isn't situational. It helps you greatly in every given circumstance, unlike the other level 11 paths.

I think that starting to PvP in game would be much better for you than crying on forums about things you got absolutely no idea about. Gone doesn't help you in "any circumstances" - it doesnt help you in 1v1 with vibrant light - and it doesnt help you in group fights if no one will target you.... Seriously i never seen a 3+ group formed solely from SotGs and champs... this scenario is unreal - whole epic MR got maybe 5 SotG players that actively pvp but due to different time zones etc it's very unlikely to see all of them in a single group. Standard MR HotA team(euro time) = 10 people (2 SotG + maybe one champ) SotG players are not anonymous, people in every kingdom are aware who got SotG - and this wisdom is enough to counter this ability - take them as a last target = profit... and SotG acc is completely useless in this case since SotG will not save you from death at the end of a fight and you are not bringing anything beneficial to your team at the begining. Thus your theory about SotG being not situational is rather poor... healing hands and vibrant light are maybe weaker but for sure not as situational and easly countered with such simple tactic as SotG...  unless you base your theorycraft on some utopian scenario where you got team filled with SotGs(which honestly doesn't sound like "Gone isn't situational.").

Gone doesn't help you in "any circumstances" - it doesnt help you in 1v1 with vibrant light.

Except it does.

If they both hit each other around the same, Gones stamina= Vibrant lights health limited stamina (and of course the vibrant light guy also has half the health)

and hate can use some tweaking on level 11 which tbh after thinking about how strong ignoring weapon enchants can be

Coming from a guy on lvl 11 (not me), it doesn't ignore weapon enchants. But block spells directed at you, like fireheart.

***** pierces you deadly hard in the left underarm and harms it.

***** freezes you.

Edit: Ignore this Gary, I read it wrong heh

Edited by Sharkin

Coming from a guy on lvl 11 (not me), it doesn't ignore weapon enchants. But block spells directed at you, like fireheart.

***** pierces you deadly hard in the left underarm and harms it.

***** freezes you.

He was comparing power level 9 (which does block frost brand and flaming aura) with hate level 11 (which does not) and suggesting additional functionality for the latter to make it worthy of being a level 11 ability because it currently isn't.

@ Qaay Check your facts before you deny what I'm saying simply because of who I am. This is becoming a pattern.

He was comparing power level 9 (which does block frost brand and flaming aura) with hate level 11 (which does not) and suggesting additional functionality for the latter to make it worthy of being a level 11 ability because it currently isn't.

@ Qaay Check your facts before you deny what I'm saying simply because of who I am. This is becoming a pattern.

Seems this topic is hot. That means something. I hope Rolf really look this things over "Artifacts, SOTG, Champs and Sorcery items" They dont belong on wild/Chaos server.

Seems this topic is hot. That means something. I hope Rolf really look this things over "Artifacts, SOTG, Champs and Sorcery items" They dont belong on wild/Chaos server.

• Like 1

Miniroll So it doesnt appeal to you, checkers? cause it doesnt make you win each round cause of imbalanced rules? lol

• Like 2

Miniroll So it doesnt appeal to you, checkers? cause it doesnt make you win each round cause of imbalanced rules? lol

I used to play chequers and backgammon as a little kid.

but as your state of mind progresses you look for stuff more interesting, ways to work hard and come out on top but most of all How to win.

So I would assume you still have a small and simple brain which doesnt like diversity which everyone can acquire with a little effort.

I'd rather not turn up to a PVP skirmish and just flip a coin...