Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

To The Person Digging Our Perimeter To Rock...

Uberknot, the extent of your's (and others) nitpickery and pedanticness is quite depressing to read through, we get it, 'we don't own perimeter'. But, if someone terraforms on the edge of a deed to such an extent so as to hinder that deeds travel then we do indeed have an issue, most of this thread is about perimeter ownership - not the issue as first stated, its that fact that a player has chosen there of all places to dig huge pits and cart away the dirt. And its the fact its bang on the doorstep of the deed itself.

Given what the victims have posted, this is effectively their grievance. Of course they have the right to be pissed, 

http://imgur.com/GObbPq4

I'd say more, but the horse has already been beaten enough - should not post at 3am

Edited by cccdfern
  • Like 4

Elsewhere in the thread it is recommended"Fence it all" , that certainly blocks public access.

• Like 1

Uberknot, the extent of your's (and others) nitpickery and pedanticness is quite depressing to read through, we get it, 'we don't own perimeter'. But, if someone terraforms on the edge of a deed to such an extent so as to hinder that deeds travel then we do indeed have an issue, most of this thread is about perimeter ownership - not the issue as first stated, its that fact that a player has chosen there of all places to dig huge pits and cart away the dirt. And its the fact its bang on the doorstep of the deed itself.

Given what the victims have posted, this is effectively their grievance. Of course they have the right to be pissed, 

http://imgur.com/GObbPq4

I'd say more, but the horse has already been beaten enough.

MY OP is asking the person not to continue. It is suggesting he go somewhere else to dig. It is giving him information on where people are asking for people to dig. It is worded this way because I knew the second I looked at it that we pretty much would be told "it's not your land." Even if it had been walled in to prevent it, the legal enclosures rule is a thing of the past. With no hard set rule stating you can not do it, intent is pretty meaningless. So far, that is the result of it - "You don't own that land." 

The rules in this game support actions like this with intent let alone without it. Even with intent, all one has to say is, "It's not on a deed. I broke no rules." However if I set out to all the deeds around me and dug their perimeters up and pointed to this thread where it's been stated over and over how perfectly fine it, I would get banned. If I did it to the perimeters of those who said its perfectly fine exclusively, it would cause a storm of epic proportions. Why? Because it's only not griefing when it doesn't happen to the person saying it's perfectly fine. I guarantee you they would toss a fit if I reproduced this situation 5 tiles from their gate.

• Like 4

Doesn't sound like it's needed in this case, but if you need a mag for free mine repairing to get rid of griefer damage, let me know.

• Like 2

Elsewhere in the thread it is recommended"Fence it all" , that certainly blocks public access.

The real irony is that They-Who-Would-Not-See-A-Griefer-Harmed insist ADAMANTLY that perimeter is for PUBLIC use because if perimeters have ANY protection no one will be able to leave their deed because it would ALL be BLOCKED!!!!  So DEED IT OR LOSE IT or FENCE IT!!! -.-

• Like 1

The real irony is that They-Who-Would-Not-See-A-Griefer-Harmed insist ADAMANTLY that perimeter is for PUBLIC use because if perimeters have ANY protection no one will be able to leave their deed because it would ALL be BLOCKED!!!!  So DEED IT OR LOSE IT or FENCE IT!!! -.-

If were to go right now and put a fence around my entire deeded area, blocking the one lane road with public passage through it, I would be evil beyond Grimm proportions.  -_-

Public access to what? Never had any problem getting from point A to point B on any server regardless of fences. It was mountains and mobs what blocked public access.  ;)

Edited by Clatius

Uberknot, the extent of your's (and others) nitpickery and pedanticness is quite depressing to read through, we get it, 'we don't own perimeter'.

See the positive about it.

With posts like his, one can filter out the biggest two-legged annoyances in the forum, and update ones ingame-ignore-list with that input.

Best of luck for the victim of the griefer.

Those kind of internet-scum always reminds me on one of my favorite (customized) quotes.

May the earth be light upon you, and may you be covered by soft sand,

lest the dogs can dig you out easy.

Edited by Oldwolf
  • Like 4

I always fence off my perimeter. There are no rules against fencing off your perimeter. Heck you can even put up deeds back to back and stretch row houses between the two deed where the row house resided in the two deeds perimeters'. I've done it. Again there is nothing against the rules in doing this.

Now if there was a finished officiall highway it would be a different story. Your under the wrong impression that players are somehow forced to leave traveling space around there deeds.

• Like 2

Honestly though, being able to dig up a pretty decent area of land down to rock just to piss someone off is a pretty amazing feat, it requires a level of dedication that really isn't seen that often.  If I were you I'd not only congratulate him on doing something that's probably completely useless for him while also pitying him for having such a terrible life that spending countless hours digging a hole in a virtual world just to piss someone off is more important then doing things in RL.

So either this guy is a very dedicated new player, and such deserves a pat on his back or a very bored and lonely person, and thus needs therapy.

EDIT: This thread reminds me of this video --> ;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m68-oWBh9Ow

Edited by Object
  • Like 1

lol @ this thread "its not griefing if its not happening to me"

• Like 2

lol @ this thread "its not griefing if its not happening to me"

But it is happening to you. Look out your window. They are taking your stuff.  :o

Sorry no, I don't do itty for people that are just being D*******s, Regardless this topic has been beaten many times. We just have to carry on and laugh  at that rare sprout you know will come after 6 hours of imping and no rare rolls ^_^

Remove re-size of perimeters and make them a size of 2 tiles for free.

The fact that some people have such high value of there perimeters is probably 1/2 the reason it gets damaged.

Nothing like being told to cut trees or dig etc some were other than you currently are to start giving ideas to the wrong type of attitude.

I have had plenty of players run thro my perimeter, cut oaks, cut birch, dig, make a sand pit and dig that etc... etc... etc... but my perimeter is 5 free tiles so i never give it a thought, There Not Mine!

I would never pay for more tiles that were not mine just to stop some buildings, be nice if there were more players in shacks around actually, like the good old days.

• Like 2

I can't fathom the idea of restricting actions on a perimeter, adjusting perimeter default size, or even adding in a toggle "Highlight Deed Perimeter" to assist in reduced perimeter KOS escape situations, fixing any of this. In the end, the player can just move one extra tile over on pure wild tiles and reproduce the same actions to achieve the same result.

This sounds more like a social issue that needs to be resolved through dialogue with the player. If it needs to be escalated to staff, escalate it and let them deal with the issue if they deem it necessary. If they return judgement that the action is legal, then accept that action. If they return a judgement that the player should be re-educated, warned or punished, accept that action. 

No doubt that no matter what the outcome of the situation, not everyone is going to be happy with the resolution of it. By bringing this issue to the front of the forum, you've not only exposed yourself to potentially more alleged undesired actions, you've encouraged them. These are topics that gain a lot of popularity and a plethora of opinions from both sides of the debate.

Personally, I would have kept this private and tried to dialogue with the player. If that didn't work, then I'd take it a higher level. If I didn't get the result that was fair for both parties, I'd take my wallet elsewhere. In the end though, this is a very open ended game with room for interpretation. I would have to be willing to sacrifice some of my personal desires to protect the vision of the developers.

Good luck.

I don't remember this stuff being a problem when we had limited pvp via the reputation system on freedom. Just pointing that out.

I don't remember this stuff being a problem when we had limited pvp via the reputation system on freedom. Just pointing that out.

I actually don't remember that being complained about either except for the bugs with it where you would lose reputation for doing actions you couldn't do because mechanics disallowed it, so basically you took a reputation hit for just getting a message that told you you couldn't do that.

If it was tidied up, i can see that working again.

At the same time, i didn't post this earlier, but @OP

If you or your villagers want some help with repairs, message Kix ingame.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help offers!

It's pretty easy to fix and the person said they were going to make the sides passable. Leaving it bare rock would make it very unlikely to be dug again though so that is a thought. I know where I can get all the dirt/sand I can carry while helping the community also. 

I don't think those pits I mentioned are his so it's a related thing but not the same thing. Those are being caved in upon discovery now. I didn't give two thoughts to them until a friend fell into one and couldn't get back out. There weren't many so it was something a single Mag could handle but the offers from the Mags of the server were very nice to see also.

Thank you!

Edited by Audrel

I dont remember this being that big of a problem when we didnt have perimeters...

That's like saying you don't remember drunk people being a problem when there was no alcohol. This is a job for Obvious Man.  :ph34r:

Edited by Clatius

That's like saying you don't remember drunk people being a problem when there was no alcohol. This is a job for Obvious Man.  :ph34r:

No... its like saying a feature that was added has created many issues with players......

Get rid of Perimeter and you solve many problems just like making a dry county.

No... its like saying a feature that was added has created many issues with players......

Get rid of Perimeter and you solve many problems just like making a dry county.

You have just demonstrated the folly of your thinking. Making a country dry created far more problems than it solved. Read up on Prohibition. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, intentional or not you can't judge without hearing both sides of the story, who is to say you havent stolen from him or screwed him over by refusing to pay? at the end of the day there is an underlying reason why he or she os doing it, but putting something like this up dosen't help matters, if you show ots getting under your skin, itll grt worse

People that dig out perimeters often do it just because they want the dirt. I have had it happen to my by a vet player that saw no harm in it.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1