UvmKPAJ.jpg

Start bid: 100s/e

Increments: 5s/e

Sniper: 1hour

Reserve: none

Buyout: 115s/e (OR PM me an offer)

auction_timer_1424890464.gif

Edited by Tyanir

Drake sets aren't worth 1g anymore. You might want to drop the starting bid.

EDIT: My apologies, the high enchants/rare picture didn't render on my phone when I posted that.  Retracted.  Also apologies for the tone of this post.

Edited by Tathar

Full drake set with enchants is easily worth 1g.

These days a 90s start bid encourages the process with the occasional one going for that price but anything less that is only going to be acceptable for those desperate to buy or looking to shift spoils of war.

Good luck getting a full set with high enchants for 80s Tathar.

111 posts and thinks he's an authority on pricing, wow.

See plenty of no cap no rare sets like this sell for 110e, have seen caps go for 8-12s alone, so the price seems more than fair to me.

• Like 1

Edited my original post due to information I couldn't see before.

Edited by Tathar

111 posts and thinks he's an authority on pricing, wow.

See plenty of no cap no rare sets like this sell for 110e, have seen caps go for 8-12s alone, so the price seems more than fair to me.

I had help appraising a scale set based on today's prices, but for an inferior set that I didn't know was inferior at the time.  Still, I regret making that post, even for the attitude alone, and I've made a well-deserved retraction.  

Edited by Tathar

I suggest lowering starting bid and adding a reserve, if it doesn't meet reserve ( make it hidden for a few, but remember to reveal the reserve before the auction ends )

then you can either pull it off auction or negotiate with highest bidder. Safest way of going about an auction like this.

I suggest lowering starting bid and adding a reserve, if it doesn't meet reserve ( make it hidden for a few, but remember to reveal the reserve before the auction ends )

then you can either pull it off auction or negotiate with highest bidder. Safest way of going about an auction like this.

Reserves are dumb and only useful for those who want to waste bidders' time.  If you won't sell something for less than a certain amount, make the starting bid that amount rather than adding a reserve.  

The only time a reserve makes sense is if you're offering something on top of an auctioned item (free shipping, free imping for a month, extra items to the winner, etc.) and then the reserve should only be for when those extras kick in.  The auctioned item itself should never require a reserve, as that means that the first few bids are going to be wasted posts.  

Edited by Tathar

This is (was) worth the buyout with current prices. One rare piece, including cap, high ql and fully enchanted. A non enchanted set with no cap goes for 80-90s usually. I dont see any reason to think otherwise. In fact if I was looking for drake set this would have been the one to buy for 115s buyout.

This is (was) worth the buyout with current prices. One rare piece, including cap, high ql and fully enchanted. A non enchanted set with no cap goes for 80-90s usually. I dont see any reason to think otherwise. In fact if I was looking for drake set this would have been the one to buy for 115s buyout.

That's why I edited my post accordingly once I found out what the set really had in it.  This is a good set worth the price, and the AoSP enchants are nice casts too.  However, the value I was told for non-enchanted no-cap sets was a few silver lower than you stated, due to deflation in the Wurm economy overall.  Respawning uniques probably have something to do with it too.  

That's why I edited my post accordingly once I found out what the set really had in it.  This is a good set worth the price, and the AoSP enchants are nice casts too.  However, the value I was told for non-enchanted no-cap sets was a few silver lower than you stated, due to deflation in the Wurm economy overall.  Respawning uniques probably have something to do with it too.  

EDIT: My apologies, the high enchants/rare picture didn't render on my phone when I posted that.  Retracted.  Also apologies for the tone of this post.

You really need to stop being so ignorant and posting this on every thread about drake sets.

You don't get to tell people what things are worth, its worth what people are willing to pay and if you're not willing to pay the asking price you should just being respectful and keep your opinions to yourself, it's not up to you to be trade police on every single thread selling a drake set (which you have been doing).

You come off like someone trying to play down the value in the hopes of getting a lowball offer.

Just stop.

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 2

I've already apologized for that post and retracted my comment.  I also only posted similar language in one other thread (the one about the inferior set previously mentioned) so you're mischaracterizing my actions as well.  Just stop white-knighting.  

EDIT: To address your other point about what people are willing to pay for something, I agree, and the other set's lack of bids supported my claim that it wasn't worth the starting bid price.  I even waited until after the auction ended before I said anything.  Even if I was trying to play down the value of that set, it wouldn't have had any impact on the auction itself.  

I made a mistake on this thread and corrected it as soon as I could, and in the end it had no negative effect on the auction itself because it still ended in a buyout.  I've done nothing else wrong.  

If you still have a problem with what I've said, please take it to PM, as I don't want to derail threads any further.

Edited by Tathar

EDIT: To address your other point about what people are willing to pay for something, I agree, and the other set's lack of bids supported my claim that it wasn't worth the starting bid price.  I even waited until after the auction ended before I said anything.  Even if I was trying to play down the value of that set, it wouldn't have had any impact on the auction itself. 

Due to Wurms lowish playerbase, some items don't sell for their actual value on any given day/week, especially such expensive items as drake.

This doesn't mean they aren't worth their value, it just means that maybe no one is currently looking to buy one. (There have been a lot for sale recently)

Expensive/Luxury items in the 'real world' reflect this too. Just because no one buys your house the first week you have it up for sale, doesn't necessarily mean you've overpriced it.

Normally yes, but others have noted that the other set was lacking in value justifying the starting bid price. I'd say that the consensus validated my statement saying it wasn't worth the asking price.

Normally yes, but others have noted that the other set was lacking in value justifying the starting bid price. I'd say that the consensus validated my statement saying it wasn't worth the asking price.

EDIT: My apologies, the high enchants/rare picture didn't render on my phone when I posted that. Retracted. Also apologies for the tone of this post.

I know you already posted an umpteenth time your apologies and I'm not trying to call you out or whatever, but whomever appraised your set and told you drake sets worth mustve been a bit off. To give an up-to-date value idea I regularly sell them for 120s and thats without a cap and without any rare pieces (although with aosp and 90 ql), and it sells quite well; most auctions they'll go for a gold so I'd say the buyout is pretty spot-on :)

• Like 1