Sign in to follow this  
Kyleshandra

Suggestion for new builders

It is not something I thought of until long after my first house but it seems very important. Put at least one double door to the outside in your structures! I'm helping someone move and the fact that I can't get a cart or wagon inside is a real pain. This may not be the right category for this. Please move it if needed.

• Like 1

I have a single door in my house and can drag a large or small cart inside. I've not tried with wagons

Removing single doors entirely seems a better step, or making them aesthetic only and still functional as a double door.

• Like 4

Yes to Aetherwalkers suggestion! I don't know how many newbies I have had to help bash walls for as they built single doors on their houses. Its just painful for me as a player that it is limited the way it is - I can't say I much appreciate the realism of these doors. I try to make sure to remind them but they always end up with single doors anyway.

Last I recall there's a warning hard-coded for making sure there's a door added somewhere. Perhaps a popup when adding doors much like the theft-warning-when-dropping-items.

Carts, both large and small,  can be dragged using the normal 'drag' command (the only way to move a small cart, anyways) into a building through a normal single-wide door.

That's pretty easy to do.  I guess the issue for the original poster was not being able to *ride/drive* a large cart or wagon into a home that only had a single-wide door.

Edited by Tristanc

I have a single door in my house and can drag a large or small cart inside. I've not tried with wagons

I do not think you can even drag wagons but am not sure

checked: only push/pull not drag shows for me. They get heavy pretty fast anyway as I think the wagon "base weight" is a lot higher than a large cart weight (empty)

And only the wagon will Load a lot of the bigger household furnitures (loom, forge)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Carts, both large and small,  can be dragged using the normal 'drag' command (the only way to move a small cart, anyways) into a building through a normal single-wide door.

That's pretty easy to do.  I guess the issue for the original poster was not being able to *ride/drive* a large cart or wagon into a home that only had a single-wide door.

Well newer players who are unaware of how the single door functions are very unlikely to be able to use wagons anyway. If a house has only a single door you can still load up a hitched horse cart outside of it from the inside of the house if you can reach the opened cart outside and the bin inside. Still, newbie non-premium players can't ride around horse carts either.

Anyway, yes the best choice for most players is the double door for access. I still use a few single doors but they are sides esthetics and not for main access, so they are nice to have available.

=Ayes=

Yes, you can drag an empty cart into a house/building. But once you load it up with a few crates you can't then drag it back out.

My large cart has been pulled in and out of my home through a single-wide door many times.  Maybe there's some upper limit if there are crates loaded onto it, I'm not sure, but I never use crates but just dump tools and gear into it and drag it in and out of my own place just fine.

Added: Though yes, there's a limit based on character strength, I believe, of just how heavy the cart can be loaded for whether or not I can drag it, but that's not connected with being inside a building or not.

Edited by Tristanc