Sign in to follow this  
Shawsi

Moderator Survey's

I've been thinking recently that there doesn't seem to any sort of continual evaluation of the in game moderators. I can imagine that a lot of people will have some real good things to say about the mod team, and I think there should be a a way for them to recognise what good they do in game.

Further to this I reckon it would be good tool for them to improve there services if a poor evaluation of there support ticket becomes a re-occurrence. 

What do you guys think of this idea?

Do you think it would benefit the community?

Cheers

IGN: Vonhadler

There already is. You can right click a support ticket that has been answered and there is a survey you can fill out.

• Like 1

There already is. You can right click a support ticket that has been answered and there is a survey you can fill out.

Is this info public knowledge or for the secrecy of the moderators?

In-game support tickets have surveys where you can leave feedback.

Any other feedback, positive or otherwise, can be passed on to the relevant lead as outlined below.  Full list available in this thread.

Head Game Master (HGM)

Enki ( Dreammaster )

Lead Chat Moderator (LCM) - (CA Applications, CA/CM complaints and grievances)

MamaDarkness

Lead Forum Moderator (LFM) - (FM applications, complaints, and grievances)

Shrimpiie

You can give Feedback on support tickets, or write 'Thank you' thread(s) in forums, but when it comes to negative feedback, that has to be given to LFM/LCM/HGM, not in public.

I think everything can improve, but this might work  the opposite way. Always being under the eye.

They're already volunteers and the staff inside system is pretty good as it is. There's already so many eyes on mods [but not on higher rank GMs] - in my personal opinion.

I'd agree on this for higher rank/older GMs, but usually if u got something bad to say about the service publicly it will violate the rules.

Is this info public knowledge or for the secrecy of the moderators?

What reason would this ever be public?

In-game support tickets have surveys where you can leave feedback.

Any other feedback, positive or otherwise, can be passed on to the relevant lead as outlined below.  Full list available in this thread.

Head Game Master (HGM)

Enki ( Dreammaster )

Lead Chat Moderator (LCM) - (CA Applications, CA/CM complaints and grievances)

MamaDarkness

Lead Forum Moderator (LFM) - (FM applications, complaints, and grievances)

Shrimpiie

But what i want to know is how is feedback reviewed and is any progress made from it?

Well I found out by right clicking my support tickets a while ago. But it's not exactly hidden just not well promoted. The update that mentions it is almost two years old.

• Like 1

But what i want to know is how is feedback reviewed and is any progress made from it?

That is, honestly, no business of anyone but the senior staff.

• Like 1

What reason would this ever be public?

So the community can see that moderators are doing a good job, or so that under performing moderators can be better trained or replaced...

As a former staff member. I can safely say that every single complaint about a staff member gets investigated/filed properly, and if they come to a conclusion that the staff messed up, he will hear about it.

Edited by silakka

So the community can see that moderators are doing a good job, or so that under performing moderators can be better trained or replaced...

Staff are hired and fired as deemed necessary by senior staff.  I bet you couldn't walk into your local bar and ask for the performance reviews on the staff working there.  No difference here.

• Like 1

That is, honestly, no business of anyone but the senior staff.

Well i don't entirely agree that this is only staff business. As a member of a community, everyone should be transparent enough to develop. Therefore it should be encouraged that if a recurring problem has occurred then development should hopefully resolve it.

Staff are hired and fired as deemed necessary by senior staff.  I bet you couldn't walk into your local bar and ask for the performance reviews on the staff working there.  No difference here.

I don't see the comparison, but needless to say if there is nothing to then there is no for it to be private. 

If you have a problem, grievance or issue with a member of any of the teams, please contact one of the people I mentioned in my previous post.

Regards

bwg | Board Moderator

This topic will lead nowhere, but I would like to see a public debate between players and moderators.

If you have a problem, grievance or issue with a member of any of the teams, please contact one of the people I mentioned in my previous post.

Regards

bwg | Board Moderator

But what is a player has a grievance with one or more people that you before mentioned?

As mentioned there is a grievance process. I do not have the knowledge to decide if a staff member made a correct decision or not ,neither do most of us.  Staff reviews are none of my business .

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

I don't think you should target the moderators but the rules. I for example have been given warning points twice for "trolling" and "flame bite" which are some very grey terms. If you say something and you mean it and suddenly a whole group of people rages against you in an epic flame, that instantly makes you eligible for ban and warning points. 

You should select a list of rules you believe are shady and speak with the HGM or with Rolf himself. 

• Like 1

I do agree, a public system of evaluation moderators would be benificial.

Then again, I see a semi major revision of our entire system as a nessessity, starting with our ability to speak openly about any grievance with moderation staff.

This blanket muffling of the public opinion when contrary to the staff's decree is exactly the type of thing we're supposed to be against in this day and age.

I don't think you should target the moderators but the rules. I for example have been given warning points twice for "trolling" and "flame bite" which are some very grey terms. If you say something and you mean it and suddenly a whole group of people rages against you in an epic flame, that instantly makes you eligible for ban and warning points.

This as well. The point is not (always) to target the moderators themselves, but decision and policy to enact change.

Wurmians have a tendency to flip rabid at the drop of a pin, which needs to be taken in to account when speaking about anything here.

Edited by Makarus
  • Like 3

You should select a list of rules you believe are shady and speak with the HGM or with Rolf himself. 

You're free to ask for clarification always, and ask them to point out exactly what lines in your post went wrong.

If it's grey, it's usually a hide, not warn.

If it's grey + warn, then you got a chance to get point removed, so always be ready to fight a little if you feel it's not correct

But what is a player has a grievance with one or more people that you before mentioned?

There's no limit on how many complaints you can send and on who, unless it becomes spammy and they tell u to stop lol

Edited by silakka

Take it to Enki, if your problem is with Enki, take it to Rolf. If your problem is with Rolf, join the club :P

• Like 1