Sign in to follow this  
hvergi

Freedom Docks

Ok, most people know of the deed, if not then it is located just down the hill from the howl. I have owned the deed for awhile now. When I bought the deed it was to keep it from decaying away. Back when I first started playing I got many of my resources from that area and it became a locating point for me. I am still at a loss as to what to do with the place, so what do the people of indy think should be done with this iconic landmark.

Tldr

Looking for suggestions about what to do with freedom docks.

• Like 2

I owned the place above it - steep area. what a hell of a job to remove trees and turn it to steppe.

Anyway i think u should fill out the place inside and maybe build some castle on it.

Expanding further out takes too much dirt, so something inside/on side of mountain. something nice for new players to look at when they start wurm.

Freedom docks was the first deed i personally walked past when i started wurm. Then 2german folks picked me up on their rowie.

GL and i wouldnt mind sharing more ideas ingame, feel free to pm.

• Like 1

a large castle idea to show off what can be done in wurm would be nice, along with some smaller places for variety.

Back when I first started playing I got many of my resources from that area and it became a locating point for me. I am still at a loss as to what to do with the place, so what do the people of indy think should be done with this iconic landmark. 

Me too, I would love to see an area with lots of new player resources -- public workships, public treefarms, public clay access, public forge. It would be nice to be able to direct them to an area easy to find.

That might not fit  into your intent for the deed, just throwing it out there as a possible idea. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I do like the idea of building a castle of sorts, only downside is I am rather limited in building size small carp level.

Brash, I'd love to open the clay, but if I remember right all the clay is on the deed. And you can't give permissions to just dig clay.

as for the other public builds that would be nice to add

Edited by hvergi

I do like the idea of building a castle of sorts, only downside is I am rather limited in building size small carp level.

Brash, I'd love to open the clay, but if I remember right all the clay is on the deed. And you can't give permissions to just dig clay.

as for the other public builds that would be nice to add

Edited by Slickshot

The deed token was moved almost 2 years ago I think, which put the clay on deed. Also there was some filling in for the tree farm, less dock space there now.

I think the view going down the ramp was a lot better 2 years ago.

Wonder if anyone has pictures of the old Freedom Docks?

Since the deed leads down to the waters edge and is named "Freedom Docks" that is where I would suggest you put the focus on building. A number of smaller 1 story houses can be built to a very nice effect along there and I find them of much more interest to cover an area rather than some huge type of building that uses 10 times the resources.

Possibly you could shrink the deed size a bit along the water road so as to have some space for bins on perimeter that players could take some basic items from as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so who is to say but you anyway.

=Ayes=

Zorako - That would make sense as I was pretty sure the clay for my first forge on indy came from there.

Ayes - I see what you are saying there, though there is a section on land along the road side that is all sloped hillside,  that is the area I had in mind for anything of the larger side. I want to reshape the dock area to include some public spaces and reinstall the dock feel back to the area.

Slickshot - I'd love to see your design ideas. I am limited to a 5x6 unless I drag down someone with higher carp to plan with.

Thank you all for your ideas, keep them coming I'll have a design drafted for review to gather opinions before I start any large scale work on it.

• Like 1

What is your carp level? Mine is nearer to 80 so I can plan quite a bit. Let me know if you get anyone on board with high carp that will allow me to make large plans if necessary. For the most part I don't think anything I design will take super high carp.

Sorry about not replying sooner. Are you still interested in doing all of this?

I also remember walking through that area in my first hours on Inde. Although something huge may be impressive, I also tend to lean toward smaller and simpler wharf-like styling for that area. Something that isn't as daunting to newcomers. Stuff like that could be done with sub-50 skill and [i think] would go further to impressing the possibilities on the new folks. As they travel further northward there are some considerably larger structures for the awe factor.

Best of luck in whatever direction you choose. Feel free to holler at me in game (same name) is the need should arise.