Sign in to follow this  
silakka

New Mapdumps! [close]

105 members have voted

1. 1. Dump all maps

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - explain

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/98611-new-mapdump-for-wilds-birthday/?p=1015308

On 3rd page, almost 1year ago Johan gave us a tiny bit hope of getting a mapdump at least for Chaos.

But seriously why not have it on all servers once and for all.. why are things pushed for no reason, afaik it only takes few hours to generate.

Dedicate a full day or two for it.

Not just to make traveling easier, but to see all the amazing new terraforms that have been created in the past years will be worth it.

People don't even feel like using the mapdumps anymore, they're getting outdated, misleading and just simply old.

It's ridiculous how the mapdump thread has gotten 6 extra pages of bumps in chaos section.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 6

Not to mention be nice to be able to see all the player made Islands that now are homes but don't show up on any maps at all.

• Like 2

So far, I'm the 1 person that voted other.

I'd also like to see the new map dumps, but I would also like to see each server map hosted like Xanadu's map with a form for edit.

Love the layout, features, etc.

Awesome job to whomever did it!

-1 leave them unknown.

There not unknown, Theres maps everywhere of everyones everything. Only thing we cant see is fine detail that the map dumps provide. And i personally would love to see how much inde has changed. From day one to today. 

If someone wants there stuff hidden, Don't build above ground, That simple really. Want secret hide outs? Go underground, No one will ever know.

EDIT: Oh yeah:

1+

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 1

The hypocrisy in the chaos mapdump topic is beyond any imagination ...

+1 from me. Everyone should have access to newer mapdumps.

+1

Some of the old maps are misleading, yes. For example the huge tundra area on pristine- Very little of it is tundra now.

+1  There not even that detailed

If pvp guys are really bothered about there secrets how about we get some freedom dumps only then  ;)

• Like 1

As you can see pvp guys are also giving +1, so it's actually pve dudes having a problem ;)

Xanadu could really use a high-rez map dump so we can make a proper community map. It would be nice to get an update for the other Freedom servers also, of course.

I won't comment on whether Chaos should get one, though.

For all the freedom cluster servers, perhaps except of chaos, this would be great! So yes please!

map dumps for every server would be good at this point in time

then again i have always been one for regular map dumps >.> :3

-1 aka No.

There is no need for mapdumps. The Beauty in this game is to explore things yourself, create your own maps. Besides you got the ingame map.

Geez soon people start to ask for handheld GPS-devices.

-1 aka No.

There is no need for mapdumps. The Beauty in this game is to explore things yourself, create your own maps. Besides you got the ingame map.

Geez soon people start to ask for handheld GPS-devices.

theres always that 1 person who just doesnt get it >.>

its not a matter of exploring or lack due to a new updated map for years before we had an ingame map we relied on hand drawn maps or map dumps(which where few and far in between) what people want is an overview of how this game's servers have progressed to see how the world has developed since the last series of map dumps its not about not wanting to explore or about not wanting to create their own maps or about wanting a gps device ingame

its about the simple fact that people like seeing things evolve they wanna see how our servers have grown how our roads have developed what places have disappeared and appeared compared to the last map dump its to watch the progress of everyone playing the game not to find the best places to loot or to find their way around things its just to see the beauty of it

No, the majority want mapdumps to see what villages are abandoned and "free" to "loot".

how can one see if a village is abandoned by the state of a map dump? map dumps have never ever shown the state of decay on a deed nor if there are any buildings look here 

jenn002-map.png

as you can see with these kinds of map dumps one does not see if a wall is gone on a house or if a deed is gone or anything thats the kind of map dump we are after one to show the progress of things not to find out if bob is at his house or if bob's house has a wall missing due to decay none of the official map dumps have ever had that much detail

• Like 1

My opinion on map dumps:

No new map dumps for PvP servers (only one when server is created).

Map dumps every 2-4 weeks for Freedom servers.

• Like 1

I also would wish for mapdumps as often as possible.

Too bad we barely get them every 2years

Chaos needs a mapdump too, PVERs please stop commenting about what PVPERs want or dont want. +1 For all servers, INCLUDING CHAOS. That of Chaos was already voted and up till this day the poll remains in favor of those who want a mapdump.

• Like 1