Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Adding Ballistas

So we now have ballistas (aaaawwwwesome!)... next we should be able to put them on ships (limited to certain sizes, perhaps even two on caravels), wagons, large carts, etc.

Perhaps even animals...

Gatling_311424_2187128.jpg

Speaking of repeating fire weapons...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybolos

• Like 1

camels yes, but ballistas can only be mounted on mammoths ofc also need mammoths or elephants, i would settle of a triceratops hybred wurms own creation and flavor ofc

on all seriousness we deffinately need a ballista wagon, so i can full heartedly give my +1 and +100 to this

and ships yes also +1

Maybe add ballistas to Freedom servers first? I would like to have them even just for decorative purposes.

Speaking of ballista on wagons... there is evidence the Romans fielded such a setup with the ballista mounted on a 360 deg turret. An early version of the modern tank.

Why do you always make suggestions that you know the engine can't handle at its current state?

• Like 1

Why do you always make suggestions that you know the engine can't handle at its current state?

What makes you think it cannot?

Besides whats wrong with thinking ahead, and not getting bogged down in preconceptions?

lets start with the fact most people play with sub 45fps, and there is no collision detection to be able to use them on ships, loading would be a possibility, but it would be unintuitive and annoying at best, if youve ever tried to load anything in a big ship.

Edited by Propheteer

lets start with the fact most people play with sub 45fps, and there is no collision detection to be able to use them on ships, loading would be a possibility, but it would be unintuitive and annoying at best, if youve ever tried to load anything in a big ship.

Let us start with the fact that once upon a time multistory wasnt even possible; let alone housing, mounts, vehicles, animation, etc, etc (course bridges arent live yet).

Yet here we are.

Indeed loading would be the worst possible way to implement such a thing.

Edited by Klaa