Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

sermon bugs?/server lag?

[04:58:36] Binky finishes the sermon by asking you to join him in a prayer to Vynora. [04:58:36] Faith increased by 0.180 to 95.456

[05:29:33] Tigar finishes the sermon by asking you to join him in a prayer to Magranon. [05:29:33] Religion increased by 0.00333 to 16.1486

this isnt the first time i noticed this total of 9 times on binky and 4 times on tigar and once on my fo priest in 2 weeks that a properly timed sermon seems to not give anything at all not even less(suggesting alignment gains from someone) but just nothing at all

given its not such a big deal for me personally but if you had a group of 6 individuals and this was to happen now and then it could cause frustration

so im not sure if its to do with server lag or a weird bug or something but i just figured id let people know

my friend who sermons with me has had it happen twice as well so far to his characters even when its been a few hours in between last sermon having gone(even made sure afterwards to check if there had been any alignment ticks on any of the characters there)

i guess for me ima widen the window from 1ish min difference after the timer is over to 5 and hope that makes it less but it would be annoying if you try to time sermons to start and finish properly to get as many people in as possible :/

edit: looking at it more 2 of the characters didnt get their alignment timers reset after tigar's sermon yet the rest did (do note that the 2 characters im on about where standing on the same tile as tigar)

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

nope deli if it was xan id have thrown it up to server lag ages ago

I am having similar issues today. Last 2 sermons in a row no gains. All characters where re logged for the 2nd sermon same issue. 7 characters, all had no cool down on alignment. Just gave no Faith increase.. Frustrating.

Worked fine earlier no problems, doing same thing then as now.

Priest is Mag.

Edited by Bramson

Sermons have a 1min timer, you started it at 5:28:33 which was 3 seconds before the alignment cooldown ended, so those toons were ineligible as listeners at the start of your timer.

Edited by Aetherwalker

As long as the sermon ends when they are eligible listeners it does not matter, all that mattered was when it ended. (at least not the last time I did sermon circle for myself and friends alt back in August)

Edited by Rasu