Sign in to follow this  
Booskii

What happens when you tell your friend you want to call in...

Its too cold to go to work today its -5 F My friends response was...

<Throndr> * +15°C / 59°F  This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

* +10°C / 50°F  The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Norwegians plant flowers in their gardens.

* +5°C / 41°F  Italian cars won't start. The Norwegians are cruising in cabriolets.

* 0°C / 32°F  Distilled water freezes. The water in Oslo Fjord gets a little thicker.

* -5°C / 23°F  People in California almost freeze to death. The Norwegians have their final barbeque before winter.

* -10°C / 14°F  The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Norwegians start using long sleeves.

* -20°C / -4°F  The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Norwegians end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

* -30°C / -22°F  People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Norwegians start drying their laundry indoors.

* -40°C / -40°F  Paris start cracking in the cold. The Norwegians stand in line at the hotdog stands.

* -50°C / -58°F  Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Norwegian army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

* -70°C / -94°F  The false Santa moves south. The Norwegian army goes out on winter survival training.

* -183°C / -297.4°F  Microbes in food don't survive. The Norwegian cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

* -273°C / -459.4°F  ALL atom-based movement halts. The Norwegians start saying "Faen , it's cold outside today."

* -300°C / -508°F  Hell freezes over. Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

Next time i should keep my mouth closed :/

~Booskii

Edited by Booskii
  • Like 18

Can confirm everything exept the part with the cows and the hands.

• Like 1

-42 outside where i live and has been like that for 2 months. -10 is when i get my tan on.

<Throndr> * +15°C / 59°F  This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

I'm not convinced that Aussies know what -20 even is

-20 is for the deep freeze, gotta keep the roo meat stored somehow

• Like 3

-20 is for the deep freeze, gotta keep the roo meat stored somehow

That reminds me, this summer, playing with some aussies that there moaning about something something snow something.

• Like 2

It's been a nice 40 Celsius here. 100 Fahrenheit for the peasants. 

• Like 1

From Down Under...

+15°C / 59°F  This is as cold as it gets in Australia - so we'll start here. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.  The Australians with full winter thermals call into Starbucks to get their coffee on a stick.

+ 20°C / 68°F The people in New Zealand start rushing home after they buy bread, else it turns to toast.  The Australians let their poor dogs sleep inside as they all shake like jelly doughnuts at a Weight Watcher's meeting.

+25°C / 77°F  The people in Alaska have the fire department on speed dial.  The people in Australia sign petitions to encourage global warming as everyone is freezing.

+30°C / 86°F All the birds in Northern Russia melt from the heat - birds become an extinct species.  The Australians wonder when winter will finally be over.

+55°C / 131°F State of emergency declared in Canada: Everyone has heat stroke.  The Australians think about putting their winter woollies away.

+125°C / 257°F All CPU's shut down automatically. The world outside of Australia come to a complete standstill.  Australians breathe a sigh of relief as spring is finally here.

+357°C / 675°F  Mercury boils, all the thermometers are broken.  Aussies fire up the barbeques for those laid back summer evenings.

+1,538°C / 2800°F All iron outside of Australia melts. Australians think about putting the air conditioner on, but hey, at least it is not as hot as it was last summer!

+5,500, 000,000,000°C / 1.969e+14°F The large Hadron Collider in Switzerland is obsolete as outside Australia, lead ions fuse all by itself now.  Australians start breaking a sweat and complains about the bit of heat.

+142,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000°C / 5.0836e+33°F 'Absolute hot' or Planck temperature, above which natural Physics break down.  Australians say they may be experiencing a heat wave.  Australia wins the Eurovision song contest.

• Like 5

As a contrarian with apathetic tendencies, I find no virtue in either cold or heat tolerance, since if one is put within the others environment they both must endure the experience with relatively comparable discomfort. Better is the person who is neither for nor against the transitory experience as they have placed themselves within an environment immune to these effects; thus is the evolution of the human experience until one day not so sooner than later, within the machine all shall reside.

*clunk*

=Ayes=

As a contrarian with apathetic tendencies, I find no virtue in either cold or heat tolerance, since if one is put within the others environment they both must endure the experience with relatively comparable discomfort. Better is the person who is neither for nor against the transitory experience as they have placed themselves within an environment immune to these effects; thus is the evolution of the human experience until one day not so sooner than later, within the machine all shall reside.

*clunk*

=Ayes=

Hate to break it to you Ayes, but if you play Wurm, you already reside in the machine  :P

All I can say is it is 29F/-2C outside right now and I am looking for my beach towel!

*clunk*

=Ayes=

I stay in my own environment and rarely travel outside it and I still find it to be relatively comparable discomfort. I hate cold and it gets very cold here in winter. It also gets very hot in summer. I can see it go from -20F in winter to 105F in summer. There's not much evolving one can do to find a niche in that.

*clunk*

=Ayes=

I swear, if you'd stop trying to make everyone think you're smarter than you really are, we'd all like you a damn side better. Wordiness =/= wisdom.

On the subject, my lungs are buggered, anything over 26C and I start getting respiratory issues, so I prefer the colder climes myself.

• Like 1

hmm i miss 30 degrees :( its getting winter again in new zealand soon itl be to cold to wear a t shirt in the rain gonna have to bring an umbrella or something of the sorts i guess :(

Hate to break it to you Ayes, but if you play Wurm, you already reside in the machine  :P

I concede to your point, mildly. Yet, this is a transitory experience viewed from without and I was thinking more along the lines of the human experience evolving to the point where one can actually enter these worlds in a physical type sense while leaving the bodily shell behind. Eventually then dwelling for longer periods of time within the machine, perhaps never to return to the outside world. 

=Ayes=

I swear, if you'd stop trying to make everyone think you're smarter than you really are, we'd all like you a damn side better. Wordiness =/= wisdom.

*shakes head bewildered*

You have some way to judge how "smart" I really am to come to this conclusion? Shall I tailor my wording to suit your desires then in order to have "we'd" like me better? If I find it enjoyable to express myself in oblique terms which at times confound the impatient, should I modify my wording to suit their needs? I think not.

Not all people express themselves in a similar manner while using the written word and I would hardly expect others to tailor their post wording to suit my desires, yet here is what you imply that I should do. If some "like" me less for "wordiness" that is a good indication to me of those I would have little interest in expressing my random thoughts to further. Take it or leave it, I assure that those who don't cause me little concern and provide little in return.

Join the club of the alienated but head to the end of the line and as you view your compatriots along the way take good note of the "wisdom" that they possess. Then perhaps you will not like their company so well, or maybe you will.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

now one reads this in a mono tone slow professor voice :3

To be honest, unless he is the OP, I don't read his posts at all, that or if he makes drama, like in the separate login servers threads.