And updated again....

Sadly the problem with horses being taken without payment has continued enough to make me give up on the self serve honor system. The pen is now locked so anyone wanting a horse must message me.

Bumpity bump. Honor system back in place and the pen is open for business. I'm not actively breeding so much at the moment but the pen has some lovely horses in and will continue to have more added from time to time (once they get to venerable age I retire them in the stables).  Even with the losses from those taken with no payment made, I've decided it's still a good way to go in hopes of finding nice homes for these horses :)

:o I'm impressed that you're using an honor system. I do the same with some of my services but mine involve direct interaction with my customer. +1 for the loyalty to your community. ^_^

• Like 1

bump, will try to put some more females and some younger ones in soon :)

Updated original post, please read and offer your price check thoughts thanks :)

I would suggest you charge anywhere from 50c for average 5 speed horse to 1s per Jet Black. I normally have paid 50c for pick up. The horse market is not what it used to be, but its always good to have someone you can rely on for horses.

Another thing to consider is that with gate locks, you can make horse pens and put the key to each pen on a merchant. This is the best self service method I have seen, and works great for those sellers I know of. Just my two cents :)

Thanks Angel for the feedback.  I have been told the jet blacks are the fastest and so maybe worth more yes. I have seen the gate keys on merchants idea work well for others, but my for sale pen is one big pen and I'd kinda like to try to keep it that way for starters and see how it goes. Clearly looking back I had some problems with horses not being paid for but if I'm honest about why I breed horses, it isn't about making coin, though that certainly helps keep a big deed going, its really for the fun and the feeling of offering something useful to the community. So I will reopen that pen before long on the honor system and then see how it goes for awhile first :)