Sign in to follow this  
LordLouis

Reinforced floors - change command to remove

Currently to remove a reinforced floor you simply have to mine it once, with a speed pick this can take under 3 seconds leaving little time to react if its on a key-bind such as space bar. 

Please make a different command to remove one, like 'remove reinforcement' for example. I also think the timer to remove them should be a set 30 seconds or similar, not based on pick and mining skill. 

Cheers. 

• Like 4

this is a solid idea.  I'd hate to accidentally click the ground when mindlessly mining my ore veins and destroy a reinforcement.

+1

It should take as much effort to destroy a floor reinforcement as it did to create one and should not be accidental.

Some of my floor reinforcements are over areas that had a lot of concrete used to remove griefing damage.

Lordlouis, you bring up a very good point here that I have noticed as well. With this short timer they can be accidentally removed very quickly. Considering that the main intent of reinforced mine floors is to prevent them from being mined down, more effort should be required to remove them. Thirty (30) seconds per action and 5 actions I would say.

This timer is at least comparable to bashing fences/walls, so it makes sense to me to give some added protection to mine floor reinforcements in this manner. No need to make removal of them so easy as currently to give the basic 21 strength nasties their chuckles.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1 great idea. I purposely have my mining keybinds to MINE_UP as this prevents me from accidentally mining the reinforcement on a floor tile (as you cannot MINE_UP the floor), but fixing it to its own command would be awesome.

on a side note: a 30 second timer per remove action would be too long, make it 10 sec - with its own remove command there wont be a way to mix it up.

Edited by Bramson

+1 great idea. I purposely have my mining macros to mine up - so I dont accidently mine my floor (as you cannot mine up a floor) this would fix that problem of wrecking your reinforced floors.

I think you meant "keybinds" not macros, also there is cement for "mining up" (raising?) cave floors.

+1 to the op if that's off deed.