Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Epic and Valrei explanation

Many ppl know valrei, the god system, the missions and the fun things it comes with. There is however no guide on the forum, the wiki or any explanation in game about the valrei system. 

We use a 3rd party website ( http://strikelimit.co.uk/Valrei/index.php ) that works decent and thumps up to the dude that made it but it could use an explanation in the tutorial, the wiki, a forum guide and maybe the game (no clue how hard this is coz im not the smartest dude around).

Also referring to this topic:http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117954-new-players-to-epic-servers/?hl=ruiner

Here is the wiki also so u know more about valrei: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Valrei

What can we do to help ppl understand this better?

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 7

if someone keeps a traitor as a pet, kill them until they stop popping tabs

• Like 2

There is a very real possibility that it's one of the pet projects that god forbid we put on the wiki or spread information about or we'll be banned

• Like 1

There is a very real possibility that it's one of the pet projects that god forbid we put on the wiki or spread information about or we'll be banned

It was a reference to the meditation answers that were removed from the wiki for arbitrary reasons

• Like 3

Thanks, this is generally 'frusing to me, although I kind of like that there are mysterious workings in Wurm that I don't fully understand.

It was a reference to the meditation answers that were removed from the wiki for arbitrary reasons

• Like 2

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Scenarios

Manny had created this page ages ago, and a while ago I was slowly overhauling it.  I've meant to update it some more and add things like commune and such, but just haven't found time (effort) to finish it some more

Some of the stuff is still out of date, such as the demigod section

• Like 1

I don't get much of it but if you want more players to join Epic tell them about these features rather then keeping things hidden.

Wurm is a lot about keeping secrets and using them for personal gain. We should be ready to give knowledge away and enjoy the game a little.

I don't get much of it but if you want more players to join Epic tell them about these features rather then keeping things hidden.

Wurm is a lot about keeping secrets and using them for personal gain. We should be ready to give knowledge away and enjoy the game a little.

And... sharing the info is exactly what's being done....? It's in the post between your two posts, I don't know what else you're trying to say

This and you know, actually fixing the missions or add ones that actually make sense and are fun to do.

Edited by Edvinas

And... sharing the info is exactly what's being done....? It's in the post between your two posts, I don't know what else you're trying to say

Actually sharing the info only after sorcery items came to freedom, most people never knew that epic had such cool stuff before sorcery items came to freedom, never even thought something this cool was in wurm online, now that the playerbase is weakening there, you guys are sharing all you can find. Anyways, never too late, but honestly if it was done before, epic would have more players and rolf wouldnt have put sorcery items on freedom and more would be playing on epic. But some people keep secrets...

Edited by Hashirama

Actually sharing the info only after sorcery items came to freedom, most people never knew that epic had such cool stuff before sorcery items came to freedom, never even thought something this cool was in wurm online, now that the playerbase is weakening there, you guys are sharing all you can find. Anyways, never too late, but honestly if it was done before, epic would have more players and rolf wouldnt have put sorcery items on freedom and more would be playing on epic. But some people keep secrets...

Freedom discovered more stuff than Epic thanks to the unique slayings giving those items...    A lot of the items were still unknown despite being ingame for a long time.   It's a pretty basic concept that you can't share information about stuff you just plain simply don't know anything about yet

...And most importantly as far as my understanding goes the thread is about Valrei itself and how to play the scenario game, not the items

Do you realise its only because Freedom found out before Epic? Freedom had every item within 2 days, Epic still hasn't seen a lot of these things after the 2 years since they were introduced. Its better to understand what you are talking about before spreading misinformation.

• Like 3

On topic question, have asked around a lot but never got an answer that was satisfying, how do I get a sorcery item on epic if anyone knows? I heard it was related to missions and commune, but never understood the exact process. If anyone knows please tell.

LOL maybe people just dont care.....?

The whole freaky creature thing feels out of place with Wurm all together.

On topic question, have asked around a lot but never got an answer that was satisfying, how do I get a sorcery item on epic if anyone knows? I heard it was related to missions and commune, but never understood the exact process. If anyone knows please tell.

Your god wins, you have a scenario point, and rng picks you.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

So whats the commune thing? Do I have to do that in order to get the sorcery items or there is no meaning in wasting karma on commune?

So whats the commune thing? Do I have to do that in order to get the sorcery items or there is no meaning in wasting karma on commune?

Commue=Rolfs way of not fixing valrei, instead forcing people to spend karma for a rng chance of their god listening to them so they don't commit suicide.

• Like 2

When Valrei first came out the few Epic players that got valrei items did  not want to share knowledge on those abilities either for the simple reason of them being WAY more powerful than Valrei abilities now. If people found out you took 300% internal damage you were pretty much screwed in any fight involving BL priests. And on top of that as the others already said, when sorcery came to freedom there were maybe 4-5 players on Epic with those titles.

Valrei in a nutshell: It is a gameboard for the gods, each round every god starts on their home tile and has to collect >50% of the tokens randomly spread around the game board that round and bring it to their home tile. Gods on the same tile will fight (and possibly kill) eachother. Some tiles on the board provide buffs or debuffs to your god (e.g. heal your god, give them more power, or give them a longer movement timer). A god that dies respawns on their home tile. Doing a mission for your god on Epic shortens the movement timer for your god by 12 hours. You do not control your gods movements, except when you commune on an altar, then there's a chance (50% iirc?) that you persuade your god to move to a certain tile.

This is pretty much all the info needed to understand Valrei, there's a few tiny things like source tokens and god/npc relations but those aren't that important.

• Like 2

So if I commune, I can get my God to  move at a certain tile to get him/her some advantage like the heal and stuff you said. In long run helping the God to become stronger so that it can beat the other gods and as it wins it will provide me with good stuff like sorcery items and things, I suppose thats all. I saw that valerie map that lorenmontana provided, the cartoonistic one, it says that Nathan has the most strength. I know that's a player, but still I suppose since he is a God, can he control his own movements on the game board? Suppose thats why he is so strong. Also, without using commune, any chance of me getting any sorcery items?

Thanks for the answers so far, helped a lot. Am interested to find out more :D

Nathan is a Demigod, no god. He cant move. And the goal isnt to fight the other gods, it's getting the items and running home.

When Valrei first came out the few Epic players that got valrei items did  not want to share knowledge on those abilities either for the simple reason of them being WAY more powerful than Valrei abilities now. If people found out you took 300% internal damage you were pretty much screwed in any fight involving BL priests. And on top of that as the others already said, when sorcery came to freedom there were maybe 4-5 players on Epic with those titles.

Valrei in a nutshell: It is a gameboard for the gods, each round every god starts on their home tile and has to collect >50% of the tokens randomly spread around the game board that round and bring it to their home tile. Gods on the same tile will fight (and possibly kill) eachother. Some tiles on the board provide buffs or debuffs to your god (e.g. heal your god, give them more power, or give them a longer movement timer). A god that dies respawns on their home tile. Doing a mission for your god on Epic shortens the movement timer for your god by 12 hours. You do not control your gods movements, except when you commune on an altar, then there's a chance (50% iirc?) that you persuade your god to move to a certain tile.

This is pretty much all the info needed to understand Valrei, there's a few tiny things like source tokens and god/npc relations but those aren't that important.

Just a clarification, if its for example 7 items, you don't need 4 you only need 3, it always goes down not up

And commune is 70%, but swap 70 with rng for the real % (I've failed 4x in a row before finally succeeding once)

As for winning the item, it's all luck/rng.  First you need the god to win then it's a crappy lottery of tickets (scenario points/300=tickets) to see who in the winning kingdom gets it