Sign in to follow this  
Throndr

Mob count on Xana

rode from glasshollow a grid or two south today, kept to 3 lane highways mostly - had a train of about 25 mobs chasing me at one point. Hundreds of the ****** as far as the eye could see my entire journey. If i stopped for even a moment i was set on by at least 2 or 3.

*agrees with CountZero*

The Glasshollow area is now being swarmed with aggros. Head east from the starter Village to the tall mountain and then ESE along it. Trolls, hell hounds and spiders will constantly attack you around there in various combinations at once! With the little wolves and bears taking their nips when they can sneak into the fray.

The other day I decided to take a horse cart tour along there and connect eventually with the highway to the SE. At one point I had 2 trolls, a hell hound and 2 spiders on me. Had to jump into a mine to get rid of at least one troll and then killed the weaker's off and troll last. All on foot, as my horses are usually targeted if I ride any and then killed. As I rode the cart further the similar occurred every 10 tiles or so but since I proceeded slowly not so many at one time.

It was unrelenting really with the trolls so numerous as I had rarely seen in one area. Since there are really not but 1 or 2 Villages along that mountainside and few venture there maybe this is why the spawn was so intense. Crazy stuff, way too much. Not to mention along the highway they will pester you to a lesser extent as well.

Then at the SE end of the highway that goes down into a sandy valley the spawns are even more numerous. The Glasshollow area has turned into a fighters paradise, if you are partial to that sort of thing. Otherwise you will have to be very vigilant to survive and stick to the highways at least. Be aware of where the Guard Towers and deeds with Spirit Templars are too. Armor up well for any longer travel off roads there or death shall become you!

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

I have a settlement on the edge of the desert about O/P 19, I have not seen more than 5 mobs on the desert in months. I share the area with friend making up 4 total settlements separated by no less than 70 tiles. We have searched the desert and forests for hours finding very little all we hear is how many mobs are in the north and we find very few of any kind. We kill all that we find hoping for new spawns but they never seem to happen. 

What CountZero and Ayes say is what is normal around Glasshollow, and other areas in the North West. You don't need to venture too far south for the fall off in numbers to be noticeable.

The problem is not the mob count, but the distribution. Simply increasing the count will not solve anything. I suspect that the mob spawn algorithm starts in the north each time, and stops before it gets very far as the limit is reached.

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 3

It might even be intended. Want an aggro-free Wurm environment? Go settle in Xanadu's south. :)

Our deed is SE xan and we used to only see a lava spider maybe every 10 days or so and they seemed to always migrate from e to w. In the last week or so, we've had spideys, bears and a few trolls too! Seems the lack of mob problem has somewhat worked out, for our area atleast.

• Like 1

Agree with Countzero and Ayes. The spawn is way too high in NW Xanadu. 

I can't imagine how hard it must be for new players in this region. It's ok when you have fast horses, high FS and good gear but if you don't I guess you have to stay close to guards and templars. 

I live NW of Xanadu for few weeks now and I can say it wasn't maybe hard but a bit tricky to place a deed and to build first 1x1 house just for protection. And here are still lots of any kind of mobs.

In my first week they mostly head more north, now it looks like they just stroll around in no specific direction.

Pretty sure Haldrin is capturing and/or killing off the bison in our area MaryJay! :P

Why can we just get a comfortable spawning point....spread it out evenly on map...so we can all play and fight occasionally

they need to work on the monster speed problem they crawl around now and arent even a challenge. whats to worry about when you can outrun them almost dragging a cart.

This is just not true. Venerables are slow but that's because they are old. Fast mobs do a good job of chasing. Slow mobs that don't chase much in RL are the same in WURM. A croc is not a chaser, it's an ambusher. A crab couldn't chase you if you were crawling in RL. Can't speak for Trolls since I only see them on this forum but if that's any indication they won't chase you far unless you let them. 

Then at the SE end of the highway that goes down into a sandy valley the spawns are even more numerous. The Glasshollow area has turned into a fighters paradise, if you are partial to that sort of thing. Otherwise you will have to be very vigilant to survive and stick to the highways at least. Be aware of where the Guard Towers and deeds with Spirit Templars are too. Armor up well for any longer travel off roads there or death shall become you!

=Ayes=

I think I know which desert/valley you are referring to here. I have been in Wurm for just over a month, and I am so glad that I chose Glasshollow from the list when I began. The challenge is so refreshing; I don't know that I would have been enjoying my time as much as if I had started in the south.

I happened to venture though that desert while exploring outward a bit... I was unable to climb the hill back towards home due to stamina and mobs, so I had to continue through. The view from the top of the valley's bowl was absolutely shocking: countless monsters as far as you can see. It was a battle against stamina, and my heart was pounding, but I eventually found settlement; the feel of safety from that deed was great. I was totally lost, and I loved it.

Because of a kind player, I was able to find a safe route back. I was in his lands, and I had to turn to him for help. He lead me to Crater Lake (breathtaking scenery) and showed me a tunnel leading back up to the plateau. This is the real adventure of a real world.

Bahcus, so what now we have drunken spiders?  If they would just drop some spirits.

Edited by rapidron

Bahcus, so what now we have drunken spiders?  If they would just drop some spirits.

Well I didn't see them running into any trees so I guess I will have to leave out more 'marinated' (in wine) meat next time.  :D

I live in the southeast and see maybe a couple mobs per day...(Unless I go hunting up in the forest, and even then I have whole periods where I see nothing at all. Just yesterday I drove around for over an hour in the forest and saw nothing but a dog.)

I did a quick "Get Info" in the northern central parts of Xanadu where we are building a road atm.

Take a look:

[16:57:33] The Old angry black bear is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable huge spider is some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged brown bear is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent diseased scorpion is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell scorpious is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Mature anaconda is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged troll is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent crocodile is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged brown bear is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged troll is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Young diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged troll is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is behind you to the right pretty close by. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old fat black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged mountain lion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old crocodile is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old hell hound is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged crocodile is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old hell horse is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged crocodile is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent diseased scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent hell hound is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged mountain lion is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Young troll is behind you to the right fairly close by. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old hell horse is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable crocodile is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable brown bear is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged troll is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable fat huge spider is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old mountain lion is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent brown bear is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old scorpion is some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is in front of you a stone's throw away! Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged fierce crocodile is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell hound is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable anaconda is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is behind you to the left pretty close by. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable fat crocodile is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Mature hell hound is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged angry crocodile is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable huge spider is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable mountain lion is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent wild cat is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged crocodile is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent hell hound is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged brown bear is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable brown bear is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable troll is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old mountain lion is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Mature mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old brown bear is in front of you very close. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged mountain lion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged fat black wolf is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable crocodile is ahead of you to the right fairly close by. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old diseased scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable fat mountain lion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable lava fiend is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable crocodile is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Mature crocodile is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged fat crocodile is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged black wolf is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell hound is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable black wolf is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old troll is some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Young crocodile is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged mountain lion is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell hound is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable diseased scorpion is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell scorpious is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old angry crocodile is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable hardened brown bear is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable black wolf is some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged black wolf is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged wild cat is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable angry crocodile is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old fat scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old fat brown bear is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged black wolf is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old mountain lion is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged hell hound is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Adolescent troll is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable fat huge spider is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged cave bug is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old wild cat is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged huge spider is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away behind you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable crocodile is some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Venerable black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged diseased scorpion is quite some distance away in front of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Aged wild cat is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.
[16:57:33] The Old huge spider is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

Edited by Tekari

Your building a road in the north Central parts??  Are you coming near Poxville @ c14? cuz there is plenty of mobs here to :)

We're trying to reach e14 at the moment (coming from f/e17)... we'll see where we take it from there

Ahh C14 here so you wont be close the lake or the mountains would get in the way from that direction

Lotsa mobs at K22. Just the other day I was hanging out with a champion black bear and his old angry cousin.

APC0Huu.jpgazRwLRf.jpgthis is every day for the last two months Closest neighbor isn't even in max draw range, and no i have not gone out to kill all the mobs with a fighting skill of 1.78. Empty wasn't like this 3 to 4 months ago but this is what its ended up as.