Sign in to follow this  
Deathly

Rare coins from Farming.

Title is self explanatory. I think the chance at rare coins from rare tends/sowing/harvesting would be a good idea. 

After seeing feedback i can agree that farming gives a good payout as it is but an extra 5c or 20c here or there isn't a huge buff.

I've got about 30 rare coins so far from hunting and only one of them has been 1s, the majority are 1c and 5c.

In saying this i think the idea of an extra skill tick or something else would be nice while tending. Maybe when planting a rare roll plants in a 3x3 instead of a 1x1?

When harvesting i think could/should produce a single rare crop, this not happening already seems strange to me.

Edited by Deathly

too much and it was aimed mostly for new players

But i agree rare rolls on skills like farming need some bonus

• Like 1

would be better than an extra corn or wemp....

some things a chance the tool being used going rare would be better

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

Yeah crops ARE money. Money while producing money is redundant, produce one money or a different money don't beg for more money while producing money.

In other words, this post within your post is about posting posts within posts and posting how it's all really just post redundancy.

I really don't have thyme for such sassafrass, i meat if you've got something to fillet my needs, even parsely, we could talk, but none of this wine out of you!

• Like 7

+1 if foraging and botanizenig produce money, no reason you can't find coins, while raking the dirt. Don't really think it will affect that much if you find coin on rare roll while farming, they are not that often

Farming is already pretty rewarding by itself.  High QL goods sell for a high price and low QL ones are great for grinding cooking, tailoring and rope making.

• Like 1

I was under the impression a rare roll gave more harvest so there is already a bonus to rare farming rolls.

• Like 1

I was under the impression a rare roll gave more harvest so there is already a bonus to rare farming rolls.

Nope, rare roll farming is just noise and bluster over nothing.

While I disagree with coin from tending fields, an extra skill tic or a rare free harvest would be nice. It really has gotten to be a community joke "You have a moment of inspiration..." "The [insert crop] field is well tended"

• Like 2

Having a rare coin from farming from time to time instead of getting the shaft when the field is tended would be a welcome addition indeed. +1

I would rather dig up an old bone planting a field.  :P

Assuming the drop rate is tweaked and fixed, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

As it stands, I've dug thousands of dirt, and never got an emerald or rare bone from it.

Assuming the drop rate is tweaked and fixed, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

As it stands, I've dug thousands of dirt, and never got an emerald or rare bone from it.

I think the emeralds have same drop rate as a normal rare tick, which is what, 1 in 1000?  I get lots of emeralds.  Not a single bone.

Not sure how I feel about coins from farming. I get the foraging for new players and hunting to help encourage us to keep animal population culled.  I think a better place for a rare coin from a useless drumroll would be prayer.  Seems fitting, since praying gives gems and coins already.

Nope, rare roll farming is just noise and bluster over nothing.

While I disagree with coin from tending fields, an extra skill tic or a rare free harvest would be nice. It really has gotten to be a community joke "You have a moment of inspiration..." "The [insert crop] field is well tended"

Well then

+1 to getting rare crops from rare rolls.

-1 to coins from farming

• Like 2

Lawurm +1

As for prayer, priests ARE the economy. Adding more there is unessesary.

If you want to add a rare coin roll to something, make it an attach action.

I like lawurm's idea.

getting a single RARE CROP ITEM (rare corn, rare oat, etc) as a part of the harvest would work ok. Not the full harvest more like 

[00:06:14] You managed to get a yield of 6 pumpkin plus one rare pumpkin

It s not exactly in the same class as people who get a rare butcher knife or a rare longsword while pursuing their own trades.

Surely you won't begrudge us an occasional rare pumpkin. 

(makes puppy dog eyes)

180194_190020231028892_100000627490966_5       one rare strawberry is all I ask

keep in mind these items rot fast and cannot be prevented from decaying so the player has only a couple days in which to use it somehow. 

They are also not very tradeable since mailing costs would kill any income generation. 

And most other tradeskills (not all but most)  DO get some sort of income from rare items. 

Otherwise I wish they would just yank the supposed "rare rolls" from farming as they do nothing except taunt the player needlessly. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If there is no benefit from the "inspiration" message when tending crops, then it should be removed from the process. So I see the OP's suggestion as a valid one. Otherwise it is just a wasted opportunity of that message appearing where it could be better applied elsewhere.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

-1 the free coins from hunting were bad enough. 

There should be no coins from hunting........

I am still getting a lot of these rare inspirational messages from farming, since it is one thing I do every day. Still no benefit from them though. Really, something should actually be acquired from the process, whatever that may be.

=Ayes=

I "think" a rare event while farming results in a maximum yield increase for the tile. I'm 90 farming and normally yield between 8-9. However I've gotten up to 10-14 on tiles where I previously had a rare event while farming.

Yea I don't know why people keep denying that rare rolls do anything, they certainly do.  Just bear in mind that non-creation rare rolls fail a lot and it's highly possible these fail too (would need Tich to confirm)

As for coins I have almost 100 farming, I farm a lot.  It'd be insanely helpful for me so I can clearly tell how horrible it would be, so -1

-1 for getting rare items.  A rare onion is entirely useless to me (and everyone unless you care that much about free food..?), I'd rather an extra onion or so that I can actually toss in my fsb which is how it works now

• Like 2

Yea I don't know why people keep denying that rare rolls do anything, they certainly do.  Just bear in mind that non-creation rare rolls fail a lot and it's highly possible these fail too (would need Tich to confirm)

As for coins I have almost 100 farming, I farm a lot.  It'd be insanely helpful for me so I can clearly tell how horrible it would be, so -1

-1 for getting rare items.  A rare onion is entirely useless to me (and everyone unless you care that much about free food..?), I'd rather an extra onion or so that I can actually toss in my fsb which is how it works now

-1 rare onion would help many people more than 1 extra as you can at least sac it for a refresh....I am talking the Masses of players on Freedom btw.

+1 I get rare coins from selling at a token. Only seems fair to get them when I actually do something like farm.