Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullkontact

Larger draw distance

For trees, animals, and such.

If you have a high spec PC then you know how disapointing it is to stand o the top of a mountain and go "Oh... tree's stop there."  Wouldn't it be nice to have them going so much further.

What I'd like to see would be an option to render trees for much, much, much greater distances

From what I read, the problem isn't to increase it for higher end pcs, the problem is to have lower end keep up with same/similar settings, as to not give the higher end an advantage over the lower end.

Not saying I don't want it though, would be really nice. Along with higher resolution textures :P

Isn't the animal and structure distance already linked to tree distance?

If it is, its already at the point with what your talking about - where higher end PCs having long render distances, and can see things further away than lower end PCs

From what I read, the problem isn't to increase it for higher end pcs, the problem is to have lower end keep up with same/similar settings, as to not give the higher end an advantage over the lower end.

Not saying I don't want it though, would be really nice. Along with higher resolution textures :P

letting people with his specification computers see more tree's is unfair against those who have lower specs?

You could see town rendering miles away. And others might walk by and not notice anything there etc.

What i would suggest is to just make a random mix of sprites off in the distance. So even if there is a huge clearcut area it will still render trees

Id like to see this option for the high detail grass also. It only renders 5 or 10 or so tiles atm. Id love to be able to set it to render hundreds of tiles. Just make the grass after like 20 tiles be a still sprite. with no animations. Like the trees atm (Id like a option to make it go further before turning into a sprite also :P)