Sign in to follow this  
joseanjim

hens disappeared

I have an inner courtyard with few hens and 2 rooster. Many times I had notice disappeared hens, but I couldn't was sure if a citizen or guest took them. Today I was alone in deed and then was the manteinance. I cheched hens minutes ago and I had a young, a mature, and an aged. After manteinance aged hen have disappeared without clue or corpse.

Hens will pop through fences and buildings if a rooster passes by, either a wild one or they suddenly noticed a penned one nearby or someone walked by with a rooster on a rope. Check areas around the roosters first, also around the area in case they popped out of a penned yard to chase a rooster. You might even try leading all the roosters a short ways to be sure the hen is not inside a tree or a wall. Uf any hens are nearby they should follow the led rooster (but will not STOP following it so use caution)

I believe Aged is the last stage before hens die of old age (they will not become old / venerable) but I would expect you to have found a corpse even if some animal munched on it afterwards (pigs and dogs are famous for this). the hen corpse might be hard to see in the snow.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

The chicken wrangler is back at large! Hide yo chickens! 

• Like 2

I read at wiki: Hens don't need roosters to breed. An egg could hatch anyway. I sacrificed my roosters and now I can lead hens again. This is important coz I discovered hens don't lay eggs on enchanted grass... ilogic but true.

Edited by joseanjim