Sign in to follow this  
Viti

Humid Drizzle and Disease [Fixed]

Bump

[18:42:41] The server has been up 8 hours and 51 minutes.

[18:42:49] You start to cast 'Humid Drizzle'.

Aww come on now

[16:49:15] The server has been up 11 hours and 39 minutes.

[16:49:23] You start to cast 'Humid Drizzle'.

I guess I'm the only one that cares about this and should just kill my horse, chicken, pig, bison.....   :angry:

I often forget to post on bugs and just accept at times things not working as intended yet this is still a problem even after server restart.  I've had a bison diseased for a week or so despite quarantine, server restart, 7 or more humid drizzle castings

Bump with some additional troubleshooting information...

I did an experiment.  I was able to cure a horse by conventional isolation and grooming methods before a server restart.  When the server restarted he was still cured, however the one that was cured by humid drizzle that keeps getting sick due to a server restart was diseased again.  

I will try to see if I can conventionally cure the horse that keeps getting re-diseased at every server start and then if I can, I'll check after a server restart to see if he is once again re-diseased.

This is not a solution, just a way of removing certain variables to help those that try to debug these type of issues have a better idea of where to look for the problem, and then fix it.

At the least we know the problem is tied to the spell, not to the fact that a critter was sick, then healed, then there was a server restart and it is sick again.

If I am able to conventionally cure the horse, and it doesn't get re-diseased, then logically that means that part of the spell is the problem, and not the horse.

If the horse is cured conventionally and then is re-diseased after a server restart then it's partially the spell and partially the horse.

If I can cure the horse conventionally and cast the spell on a new sick critter that never had the spell cast on it before, and both are re-diseased after a server restart then its partially the spell and partially the horse.

If I can cure the horse conventionally and cast the spell on a new sick critter that never had the spell cast on it before, and the new critter is fine after a server restart then its partially the spell and partially the horse's history.

Ideally of course once a critter is healed a server restart does not cause it to become re-diseased.

• Like 1

***update***  (because I know all of Wurm is doing nothing but sitting around waiting to hear all about it hahah)

I was able to cure the sick horse the old fashioned way, and a baby chick got sick so I've zapped it.

So, now I have the following.....

1 horse that kept getting re-diseased after a server restart when healed by HD that was cured by brush

1 horse that got diseased, cured by brush and stayed cured after a server restart

1 chick that has been cured with HD that was not ever sick before

All I need now is a server restart to see who gets sick again then we will have ton's of possible information for de-bugging.   :D

Server restart, baby chick is sick again the other critters are fine, so it's just Humid Drizzle that is broken.  

Someone please find the little check box in the code that turns off the disease like it used to after casting the spell.  

Thanks!

Another server restart today for other fixes, the chick is sick again, so HD wasn't fixed yet, in case anyone is tracking.  =)

Thank you for your detailed tests, Dorian.  I've not been lucky/unlucky enough to get a diseased animal for some time so I shoved a bunch of them into the same pen on test to see if i can reproduce your findings.

... so it's just Humid Drizzle that is broken.  

EVERYTHING Fo is broken, in some weird way. Their animal immunity breaks such that if they dip below 30 favor but sac and go back up again, it doesn't register properly. The pets they are leading may or may not be immune to attack. And the animals seem to be some squares off too sometimes.

Another server restart today for other fixes, the chick is sick again, so HD wasn't fixed yet, in case anyone is tracking.  =)

Dorian, if at all possible, can you keep this chick as a test case and only use humid drizzle to cure it?  Report the condition after the next few server restarts if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Dorian, if at all possible, can you keep this chick as a test case and only use humid drizzle to cure it?  Report the condition after the next few server restarts if you don't mind.

Will do!  I can't isolate it now because it is following its mom around the pen anyway so the spell is my only option for the little thing.  I'll keep her as a test subject once she grows up, or until we can get it figured out.

How did you get this?????

I have about 5 hens that I keep fat and happy so they lay a ton of eggs.  The ratio of getting a chick from an egg is rather low, but the more eggs you can make them pop out the better the odds.   :)

Should hopefully be fixed with the next server update. 

It did not trigger a save of the disease state when the spell cured it, so unless a poll modified the state after that it would not have changed the state in the db and thus resulting in a reset on restart.

• Like 5

That is really great news I would say! Thank you for the impending fix and I hope that it works! :)

Should hopefully be fixed with the next server update. 

It did not trigger a save of the disease state when the spell cured it, so unless a poll modified the state after that it would not have changed the state in the db and thus resulting in a reset on restart.

\O/  Awesome!  I'll check the chick after the next restart and let everyone know!  Thanks!

\O/  Awesome!  I'll check the chick after the next restart and let everyone know!  Thanks!

It might be that the next server restart inserts the new code and hence your current actions still dont count, so there might be one more additional server restart we have to wait for, but it is great to know it is looked at at least :D

Ah yes, results wont show until the restart after the next update.

• Like 1

Will do!  I sneaked Flunky in to see the little chick, and she was diseased as expected, so I cast Humid Drizzle for the cure.  Something different happened this time!  Normally I have to walk 'out of range' and back or wait a bit for the diseased tag to go away when I hover.  This time it seemed the diseased tag went away as soon as the cast was done!  

I'll report on the chick after the next restart to confirm it is fixed.  

Thanks again for all your help with this everyone!

• Like 1

Success!!  The baby chick is still healthy after the server restart!  Additionally I had Flunky cast on some sick cattle since the other server restart, and they too are all fine.  Thanks again for fixing this bug!!!   :D  :wub:  :D

• Like 2

Success!!  The baby chick is still healthy after the server restart!  Additionally I had Flunky cast on some sick cattle since the other server restart, and they too are all fine.  Thanks again for fixing this bug!!!   :D  :wub:  :D

Thank you for the verification that the fixed worked and your detailed testing and reporting of the issue so that verificiation was possible.

• Like 1