Sign in to follow this  
Viti

Humid Drizzle and Disease [Fixed]

Hello,

I could not find this, so I hope it has not been reported before. This has been going on for a long while (at least 1,5 years), but I finally decided to make a topic since I am not sure if it is intended or a bug. It just feels it is a bug to me.

Humid Drizzle is a spell that cures a diseased animal. It all works as intended. You cast the spell, the animal is cured and will stay cured. However, when the server resets/restarts the animal will regain its disease status on almost every occasion.

It makes the spell relatively useless and I think it would help a lot to have the cure persist through server restarts.

Thank you for your time :)

Viti

edit: I am not sure if this is like this across all servers, but for what it is worth; this happens on Serenity

• Like 1

We have the same 'feature' on Indy.

It also seems that over feeding, and grooming while they are in isolation, and not using the drizzle, isn't working on all critters.  Horses seem to cure fine but hens and pigs do not.

It may be that I notice the horses earlier in the disease cycle, but I've started to just kill off any pigs and hens with disease rather than dealing with it coming back after a cast and a restart.

It also seems that over feeding, and grooming while they are in isolation, and not using the drizzle, isn't working on all critters.  Horses seem to cure fine but hens and pigs do not.

It may be that I notice the horses earlier in the disease cycle, but I've started to just kill off any pigs and hens with disease rather than dealing with it coming back after a cast and a restart.

I think it is indeed "finding the horses sooner". I managed to cure quite a bunch of chickens and pigs manually, but I usually detect them in less then 9 hours and I think the amount of care I give is pretty unheard of, haha. I do notice that once the disease is set in for too long, it is no longer curable by hand (not even horses) and you can only delay the inevitable death. That is.. unless Humid Drizzle starts to persist after server restarts ;)

Deers for example are not curable by hand are are dependent on the spell. Because of this, whenever I see a diseased deer in my pens, I can pretty much tell it is the end of life for it.

Please Devs, if you read this, any type of response would be very welcome, even if it is just a "We are (now) aware of it (but priority is really low)", although a fast fix would make me one happy lady :)

Edited by Viti
  • Like 1

Just to add this also is happening to me on Indy server, and that it has been mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117655-how-do-i-cure-my-diseased-tortoise/

I have one horse diseased for months now -- it appears pemadiseased even though it is Fat, in an isolated pen with lots of feed, and occasionally groomed in addition to Hmid Drizzle. Every time Humid Dirzzle cures the diesease, the next server reset restores it again.  I am now assuming I need to outright kill all of my diseased animals since they won't get well, cannot be used or bred any more,  and run the risk of passing the disease to me and then to my other animals as I go from pen to pen caring for them.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I am now assuming I need to outright kill all of my diseased animals since they won't get well, cannot be used or bred any more,  and run the risk of passing the disease to me and then to my other animals as I go from pen to pen caring for them.

And then we would need to put you down.  The horror!

Just a reply to bump this again, seeing there is no response yet.

Just a "we are aware of it / we read this" response would be enough for me, I am just trying to make the dev team aware of this :)

Disease statuses of animals doesnt properely update unless you relog after casting humid drizzle.

Confirmed, this has persisted for a long time - please fix.  It decreases the value of an important Fo spell and hurts our precious critters!  

BUMP

i can confirm this, it's not working since weeks or even longer...

My hellhorse is diseased and only way to cure it is humiddrizzle. Casted it multiple times in the last days, and it gets diseased again every time.

bumpbumpbump

Bump!

In the spells currently bugged stage all it does is sync the diseases of animals untill the next reset and thus causing a extreme case of diseased animals appearing at the same time resulting in deaths.

Confirmed and bumped. Each server restart a lot of my horses revert to being diseased. The only way to fix them is with the bugged Humid Drizzle, which means it's a neverending cycle of disease!

Kind of a bump  :D   Today I logged in and noticed the server had been up 2 days 12 hoursish, so I sent my Fo Priest Flunky to go cast Humid drizzle on my horse and chicken that keep coming back diseased after a server start, and guess what.  They were not diseased!  I double checked my event logs to make sure I didn't just forget, but it looks like this bug may have been fixed.  Can anyone confirm this?

Kind of a bump  :D   Today I logged in and noticed the server had been up 2 days 12 hoursish, so I sent my Fo Priest Flunky to go cast Humid drizzle on my horse and chicken that keep coming back diseased after a server start, and guess what.  They were not diseased!  I double checked my event logs to make sure I didn't just forget, but it looks like this bug may have been fixed.  Can anyone confirm this?

This last server start (March13), I logged in and checked two different diseased horses I had in lone isolation pens, on two different deeds. Horse had been cured with Humid drizzle  before the reset, after the rest bot were back to diseased again. Isolation pen ondeed and under ratio.  So not fixed unfortunately.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Aye, unfortunately this bug isn't 100% fixed. Some of mine are still popping up diseased after restart, but not as many as it used to.

Off the topic of the spell but along the same line of disease cycles. Since I do not have a priest available, I put any hell horses that become diseased inside a house structure on deed with plenty of feed, isolated from all other creatures. I usually see the disease fall off in a couple days' time, no more or less. Thus far I have not lost one to disease /knock on wood. Food types I've used include corn or various grains. It's really all I can do since these critters cannot be groomed and there's no spell caster handy. Diseased status does not return after server resets.

This is also happening on Release. Been this way as long as I can remember. Luckily I play daily so I can re-cast after restarts.

The server reset today, and yes, my bison and horse which I cured are diseased once again.  I don't want to have to kill an eight trait foal that has all good traits because of a bug that keeps fo priests in business.

Please fix!!

• Like 1

The server has been up 10 hours and 5 minutes.

You start to tend to Young diseased Westgolden.

If you can't fix the disease, just don't reboot the servers!   :angry:

Bumping as I have a couple people telling me its happened again after this recent restart.

Edited by Nicrolis

[18:23:08] The server has been up 6 hours and 32 minutes.

[18:23:12] You start to cast 'Humid Drizzle'.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

BIG BADDDA BUMP!

• Like 1

Confirmed - humid drizzle is temporary only here too