Sign in to follow this  
Enderman

A new beginning.

It really is completely viable to pay a min deed + premium through work ingame if you put your head to it.

1. Local/just out side of local- speak upnt everyone in wurm is cold hearted and many are willing to buy certain items at low ql.

2. Freedom- if your willing to travel you are able to expand to the area around you to sell your product. Bricks and mortar will Awalys sell. Some also have special request you can fulfill.

I'm my alliance i have several who have deeded-premium- maintained and even expanded all though inner game sales

I for one Awalys buy bricks and mortar because that is the one luxury i give my self. The rest i earn through the game and i am able to manage 3 toon this way. Sorry you have missed me

It really is completely viable to pay a min deed + premium through work ingame if you put your head to it.

1. Local/just out side of local- speak upnt everyone in wurm is cold hearted and many are willing to buy certain items at low ql.

2. Freedom- if your willing to travel you are able to expand to the area around you to sell your product. Bricks and mortar will Awalys sell. Some also have special request you can fulfill.

I'm my alliance i have several who have deeded-premium- maintained and even expanded all though inner game sales

I for one Awalys buy bricks and mortar because that is the one luxury i give my self. The rest i earn through the game and i am able to manage 3 toon this way. Sorry you have missed me

4,21 silver would not bring you to that.... If you didnt earn that in3 month .....deed it or loose it

And 2,nd option if you cant afford deed join village

I still have one room for you at silver glass resort if you wana start from where you are now...

Edited by RockyBalboa

And 2,nd option if you cant afford deed join village

I still have one room for you at silver glass resort if you wana start from where you are now...

No, I haven't got that amount in 3 months foraging, mining and harvesting.

I think I saw you some weeks ago when I was travelling to Glasshollow. Do you live near the town?

When I started playing wurm, I paid for 1 month of premium via paypal.  In one week, I was able to drive a large cart, in 2 weeks, a corbita.  From there, I was able to do everything I needed to do to make silver in game to pay for both my main AND a priest, as well as maintaining a 20x20 deed.

If you are absolutely insistent on not paying a dime for this game, not even your first month, then you have no choice but to get a job and work for someone digging or making bricks.

• Like 2

When I started playing wurm, I paid for 1 month of premium via paypal.  In one week, I was able to drive a large cart, in 2 weeks, a corbita.  From there, I was able to do everything I needed to do to make silver in game to pay for both my main AND a priest, as well as maintaining a 20x20 deed.

If you are absolutely insistent on not paying a dime for this game, not even your first month, then you have no choice but to get a job and work for someone digging or making bricks.

not problem with working. I have level 20 in many skills now. I'm not lazy.

I dont care what everyone else says about the matter, it is still a move to do something like that. Specially in server this gigantic. There is plenty of space here everywhere.

Yeah you can keep saying all the "deed it or loose it" but it doesn't mean we have to just accept people being like this towards other players. Yeah i could go near new players and steal all they have left on the ground undeeded, but hey it doesnt matter because "deed it or loose it".

Just because you can be a real snake doesn't make it acceptable to be one. If you still think thats all okay, you are a horrible human being.

• Like 8

F2p - means it's free to play. In all mmo's these f2p models have different restrictions, some more open than others. Examples of open F2p models that give so you some much are say, TERA and Star trek Online, other like SWTOR pretty much make that you really must go premium to really play it.

So the fact you get to play wurm as a trial to play, or whatever you want want to call it, you are still playing for free and some people are known to just hit the 20 skill cap and keep playing at that level.

If you like the game, pay for it. Find a deed that is recruiting and hang out there for awhile, gain some skill then head out and make a new deed away from anyone. there are so many deeds you will create in time, you'll move area and move servers, it's an adventure. Don't let this one instance deter you from the greatness that wurm is. Or, you can go back to your chosen bland theme park mmo, it that where you can from.

Open a new page, get out there!

• Like 1

I dont care what everyone else says about the matter, it is still a ###### move to do something like that. Specially in server this gigantic. There is plenty of space here everywhere.

Yeah you can keep saying all the "deed it or loose it" but it doesn't mean we have to just accept people being like this towards other players. Yeah i could go near new players and steal all they have left on the ground undeeded, but hey it doesnt matter because "deed it or loose it".

Just because you can be a real snake doesn't make it acceptable to be one. If you still think thats all okay, you are a horrible human being.

We used to have the enclosure rule which was abused to high heavens and was eventually removed. Deed it or lose it isn't simply a monetary pressure. It means we have actual mechanics and deterrents in place to prevent theft and clearly delineate property. If such a power was very cheap or free then it would be abused to the detriment of everyone. Having the ability to claim territory at a cost means that there is a balance which allows legitimate players protection and limits the ability of it to be greifed.

It may be frustrating not having a deed and having the rug swep out from under you, but the alternatives are almost universally worse or simply unfeasible. Don't look at the silver cost of deeds as greed. It serves a vital purpose and thats the way of things in wurm. Having mechanics in place is also important as I mentioned because otherwise its just a mess with no clear answer. The tutorial should probably hammer home this point that not having deeded property has this risk, but ultimately situations like this are the rarity and deeds serve their purpose (for the most part)

• Like 2

We used to have the enclosure rule which was abused to high heavens and was eventually removed. Deed it or lose it isn't simply a monetary pressure. It means we have actual mechanics and deterrents in place to prevent theft and clearly delineate property.

Prevent theft? It depends of your point of view. If you have money to spend in the game and pay a deed for your property, is a good thing. Paying money for the deed you avoid future problems there.

But if you are a freemium player without a deed, with a locked house, locked pens and a greedy ambitious player put a deed close to you to bypass your locks (and prolly get all your items/animals when the fence/house decays), from your point of view it's a legalized way (without breaking Wurm rules) of theft. Investing some money with the deed perimeter/decay wisely combined that player can wipe out your house, walls, fences, mine doors in a short lapse of time, even if you have the highest quality locks on them.

Imho, mainly the reason for deeds is economical, getting more income for Wurm. It gives security only to players who spend money in the game.

E11 Xanadu happens to be in my local area.  We're starting up a successor to Release's Wyvern Academy there, so if you're interested in having a mentor help you with the early game, send PhatThaiJones a forum PM about becoming a student.  

I live not far from you , so took a look at there deed Argos is the name.

They added extra 10 to perimiter to cover your house , nice of them  <_<

It seems they ether want to keep all the clay for themselfs , makes no sense on that part.

Or the road going up that hill , in that case its a highway and can not be blocked or changed unless getting GM permission .

But i dont really see why they deeded it , nothing special about that area , and its not next door to Glasshollow.

I give them a few months before it disbands , seen many come and go around that area..

May I ask where on E11 this place is?  I'd like to take a look, but I'm right on the corner of E/F 11/12, so there's still a big area to look through.  

To Tathar , goto Crater Lake  , follow the coast south along the path/road there.

You shall see a large slope hill and remains of a old deed and 2 lane hgihway going north , thts were Enderman's place was till Argos deed pooped on it.

Crater lake has a tunnel to it from the desert , That deed is called Flat , yes i know , someone forgot THE at start.

Entrance is east side porticule , rest are locked until finished.

Oh, Crater Lake's on the opposite end of E11.  I'll need to check it out next week.  

May I ask where on E11 this place is?  I'd like to take a look, but I'm right on the corner of E/F 11/12, so there's still a big area to look through.  

Imho, mainly the reason for deeds is economical, getting more income for Wurm. It gives security only to players who spend money in the game.

Exactly! You have discovered the way Wurm functions pertaining to deeds, the protection they provide and the required payment for the same. This is how it should be and is how the game is able to sustain some functions of free play for those who wish to pay nothing. Fortunately it has not taken you too long to reach this conclusion so that you can make your plans accordingly.

=Ayes=

Terraflare anyone else think that sounds like a really bad case of the hemorrhoids?  I'd give sirknox some hemorroide remedy and it should clear up this whole Terraflare problem.

I'd work hard on getting those coins from hunting, foraging and selling to tokens, then make your own deed.  You can maintain it for a mere 1s a month and that is pretty easy to do on even a part time F2P account.

The best way to look at building on undeeded land is that you are merely "borrowing" the land from Rolf, until he sells it to someone with coins.

And that 1 silver per month is a minimum setting whether you have a 5x5 space or a 10x12 space.  They both come out to under 1 silver and therefore get rounded up.  10 x 12 is big enough for a small house and a pen + some farm area as your Main Safe area.  Then if you want to expand into the surronding area, at least you have your safe area.

And that 1 silver per month is a minimum setting whether you have a 5x5 space or a 10x12 space.  They both come out to under 1 silver and therefore get rounded up.  10 x 12 is big enough for a small house and a pen + some farm area as your Main Safe area.  Then if you want to expand into the surronding area, at least you have your safe area.

1 silver upkeep/month?. That doesn't fit with the wurmpedia about settlements. There says: "One tile on deed costs 1 copper to purchase and has a 20 iron upkeep. 1 perimeter tile costs 50 iron to purchase and has a 5 iron upkeep."

Can somebody explain to me the buying and upkeep costs for deeds, please?

Edited by Enderman

You can never go word for word by the wiki its player updated and sometimes things are lacking in updates. Not long ago it was made that a non payed toon can place a deed it is still 10s to place said deed but  as long as you dont expand quite a but of the extra coins left from the purchase its self is placed into your upkeep so if you go with the min size which is perfect for a single player you will have roughly 4-5 months with out needing to worry about paying back into it your skills will still be caped at 20 if you never plan on paying for premium but your items will be protected from decay.(except the barrels bsb things like that still take on deed dmg)

Once you have that investment you can then start to use the new coin system to stash money for future upkeep. I Agree with Wargasm also if you buy your first month or 2 Depending on your package you get 1-2 months 1-2 Sleeping powers and a referral Sell your referral for 6s and your sleeping powders for 1-1.25s each now you have 1-2 months + 8-8.50s. Depending on how YOU which to play the game from there you can make items to sell in game that are profitable.   Bricks 500/1s   Mortar is 500/1.5s Dirt is 1s/1k Keeping in mind delivery or pick up in most cases if you do not plan on delivering cutting prices or keeping it to local is best. I do not choose to play like that i pay for all of my premiums(more then one) out of pocket 2 months at a time and i am able to fund my deeds(more then one) and my luxuries  through my ingame sales. Its a matter of how you wish to play. There is also the option to join an established village. You will likely be to some degree restricted on how you are allowed to build dependent on the mayor and there outlook on what there deed should be.

~Booskii 

Dont you also get 2 s in the bank for first time premium?

Also you can make a deed stake , carving knife on a shaft insted of grabing a deed from trader.

The owners of Argos have there main deed i found in middle of But F... nowere also. miles from water area they deeded were you are.

Think they want to make some new player housing setup.

Dont you also get 2 s in the bank for first time premium?

Also you can make a deed stake , carving knife on a shaft insted of grabing a deed from trader.

The owners of Argos have there main deed i found in middle of But F... nowere also. miles from water area they deeded were you are.

Think they want to make some new player housing setup.

If you buy the one month and 5 coins you get 2 free s im not sure if it works with 2 months and no coins