Sign in to follow this  
ncwookie

Position Updated on Map

The ability to locate yourself on the map would be an excellent tool for vetrans and new players alike. This is a tool that is beneficial and critical when exploring, not to mention if you add a special waypoint you need to know how to get to it from where your at.

• Like 1

The ability to locate yourself on the map would be an excellent tool for vetrans and new players alike. This is a tool that is beneficial and critical when exploring, not to mention if you add a special waypoint you need to know how to get to it from where your at.

I agree, I am rather new still and haven't explored much (especially by boat) because I end up not knowing where I am at; and that our map is not updated on a regular basis with landmarks and new settlements. Understanding that this is a pain to keep up so much with all the new changes, is really not what I would say is a problem. But - if we could pinpoint where we are at on our map would be wonderful!

Theres a reason this isnt done, it ruins the fun of navigation. Rolf already stated this wouldnt happen with the released of maps.

Dunno, if you're a 'veteran'.. you probably should know where you are anywhere.

I know where I am on any Epic server pretty much, other than the new BLE map.

I know my way around Chaos, I can teleport around the map and look at one patch of moss and be like oh hey, thats the landing.

• Like 3

I agree, I am rather new still and haven't explored much (especially by boat) because I end up not knowing where I am at; and that our map is not updated on a regular basis with landmarks and new settlements. Understanding that this is a pain to keep up so much with all the new changes, is really not what I would say is a problem. But - if we could pinpoint where we are at on our map would be wonderful!

The community map here on the forums is an opt-in system. Mayors that wish their deed on the map have the ability to do so. The community maps in general are kept up to date, however. Additionally, it really isn't hard to locate yourself on a map. Find direction, look at landscape, surrounding deeds on the map itself and bingo.

That said, never please -1

Only small childs and some womens are unable to locate itself on map. We have compass, what you need more?

Or are you dumbed already by games like WoW?

Train your navigation skill, it could prove useful even in real world ...

Edited by Zakerak

- an arbitrarily large number

Edited by Elen

Hmmmm well. I can see the mentality of the people who reply on this forum. Which strengthens my convictions to stay to myself, keep my ideas to myself because if I visited this on a regular basis I would know how many hateful people there are in this game, and the fun would be gone. Thank you for the "positive" support, my fellow players. Over and out ~

Damn what a nice community   NOT

You all really know how to make a person feel rejected, so much for my input. Take a few moments those of know whom know who you are and pat yourself on the back while singing the song I'm an .

Again thanks last time I will try to contribute stupid me thought I found an free game or at least one with limited numbers. 

Moderator feel free to delete this post as it is my first and last, as I just figured out kindness has no place here, reasonable explanations need not apply just the brutality from those whom think their don't stink.

I think there will always be a large negative reaction from most of the community anytime something is suggested that makes wurm "easier" and more like mainstream games.

I remember my noob days and was shocked at the fact that there was no map in game back then...I was like, how the hell am I supposed to find my way around? But learning to navigate in wurm is a huge part of what separates this game from others. Now I can look at a mountain and or any other landmark and know exactly where I'm at. And that's something cool and to be proud of later after you've played a while. Just my two cents.

I dont think having this is that good.

auto position being displayed on map takes something away from being in the world of wurm.

Hi, I NEED GPS PLZ. I CANT DO LIFE WITHOUT GPS. I KNOW GPS NEW INVENCHUN, BUT PLZ HALP, I REMEMBER LANDMARKZ. I PREFER FAST TRAVEL N MINIMAP.

/toomuch

You all really know how to make a person feel rejected, so much for my input. Take a few moments those of know whom know who you are and pat yourself on the back while singing the song I'm an ######.

Again thanks last time I will try to contribute stupid me thought I found an ###### free game or at least one with limited numbers. 

Moderator feel free to delete this post as it is my first and last, as I just figured out kindness has no place here, reasonable explanations need not apply just the brutality from those whom think their ###### don't stink.

Edited by kolbuingen

You all really know how to make a person feel rejected, so much for my input. Take a few moments those of know whom know who you are and pat yourself on the back while singing the song I'm an ######.

Again thanks last time I will try to contribute stupid me thought I found an ###### free game or at least one with limited numbers. 

Moderator feel free to delete this post as it is my first and last, as I just figured out kindness has no place here, reasonable explanations need not apply just the brutality from those whom think their ###### don't stink.

Hmmmm well. I can see the mentality of the people who reply on this forum. Which strengthens my convictions to stay to myself, keep my ideas to myself because if I visited this on a regular basis I would know how many hateful people there are in this game, and the fun would be gone. Thank you for the "positive" support, my fellow players. Over and out ~