Sign in to follow this  
korbenmart

Shifting ground textures

So when I start the game the textures seem normal as I stand perfectly still on the ground, but then when I move the ground textures begin to shift with my movements. Is there a solution to the problem?

I've been messing around with the settings, and I've found out it has something to do with the GLSL shading, when ever I change the settings to disabled the ground textures start to mess up. When it's on core it starts to mess up the animations on the player models, and if I set it to Extension it just crashes.

On 2/15/2015 at 5:31 PM, korbenmart said:

So when I start the game the textures seem normal as I stand perfectly still on the ground, but then when I move the ground textures begin to shift with my movements. Is there a solution to the problem?

My laptop has an "integrated" Intel GPU as well as a NVidia GeForce (840M).  NVidia doesn't consider Java to be "games" so it doesn't add Wurm to it's list of 3D games, so you end up using your Intel GPU by default.

If you have the NVidia optional GPU - go into "NVidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings" and manually add the wurm executable to the list.   Restart Wurm and you'll be in a world of beauty that flows past you just as smooth as butter - even with all effects on HIGH DETAIL.

This solved my "shifting ground textures" bug.  Rumor is that Intel doesn't care about Windows 10 and is ignoring it's drivers - maybe false, but I heard on the internet!

Hope this helps some.