Sign in to follow this  
FireRider

Questions on the climbing skill

So after a few debates with people in-game i tried testing climbing on the test server to see if the skill does anything

first i tried 1 climbing and 20 body stamina, made up the mountain around 5tiles till i hit 50% stamina

i then tried 40 climbing and 20 body stamina, reached the same spot with 50% stamina

i then tried 70 stamina and 35 body stamina, reached same spot but with 60% stamina

90 climbing and 45 body stamina got me to around 65% stamina in same spot

from these results it would appear climbing doesn't do anything and its stamina which effects how far you can climb but people in-game claim that climbing helps massively on how far they can climb and say they can scale mountains due to having high climbing, i would test this against them but matching stamina is tough.

so my question is, what does climbing effect? and by how much?

EDIT:

I compared to another player who had similar body stats but higher climbing

we both climbed up a dirt 80 slope

he has: 23.81 climbing, 32.29 stamina and 40.67 strength

i have 13.62 climbing, 34.82 stamina, 41.29 strength

both inventories weighed exactly 78.635kg

results:

Me: 37% stamina left

other person: 35% stamina left

Edited by FireRider

sandwich and wine :D

that does not answer his question at all

@OP

Try different weights in your inventory, as well as monitor speeds of the climb.

Edited by Propheteer

im currently comparing to some1 who has roughly the same body stats as me but way higher climbing will edit my topic with results

• Like 1

I have 48 climbing, I find I can climb longer when out of stamina vs someone my spare accounts that have no climbing skill. I generally can reach 0 stamina and climb for a bit longer but 1 climbing accounts tend to auto turn off climbing when they have like 5 stamina left.

Not sure if climbing skill affects that though.

• Like 2

I think it affects the slope that you can stand on and walk up without having to climb

I think it affects the slope that you can stand on and walk up without having to climb

definitely no. It's always 23 slope you can stand on and you'll slide from 24 and higher. You have to pay attention to the diagonal slope of course.

If you want to compare body stamina and climbing skill effect, why do you raise both at the same time? Wouldn't you want to do one test series with constant body stamina at 25, 50, 75 and 90 climbing, and one with constant climbing and 20, 30, 40, 50 body stamina?

• Like 1

If you want to compare body stamina and climbing skill effect, why do you raise both at the same time? Wouldn't you want to do one test series with constant body stamina at 25, 50, 75 and 90 climbing, and one with constant climbing and 20, 30, 40, 50 body stamina?

on the test server u have no control over the body stats being increased, if u input 90 for skills then u will always end up with 45 characteristics.

this is also y i performed a test on the real server with another player who had higher climbing than me but our body stats were similar

Edited by FireRider

We were comparing notes because I've got almost 24 climbing skill on regular servers...and am able to practically climb over a small mountain with no weight on me. I'm able to climb a 100 slope with about 75 kgs on me.

It's looking more like the Body Stamina is what's actually giving that boost, and so we were wondering what/if anything the climbing skill actually does.

He's got about two levels and a quarter higher bstam than I do, but I have nearly 10 levels of climbing on him...which, if wiki is correct should be giving me the ability to climb higher than him as the stamina would 'last longer' for a higher climbing skill.

We're basically looking for a dev's acknowledgement of what climbing skill actually does...because it currently looks like it does nothing at all, and is only there to waste people's time...(And in essence, should probably just be removed if it has no current use.)

We're basically looking for a dev's acknowledgement of what climbing skill actually does...because it currently looks like it does nothing at all, and is only there to waste people's time...(And in essence, should probably just be removed if it has no current use.)

Unless you are actively training climbing, it will just accumulate skill points normally and serve as a measure of climbing experience; can't hurt anything by remaining in place. Could it have anything to do with the rate at which you ascend the slope?

I think climbing is mostly related to a chance of not falling instantly when you are at low stamina and increases chance to have climbing still on when working on steep slopes.

This is what climbing skill does on Epic(Tested about a year ago):

A New account with 1 climbing skill will not ever be able to climb up a SLOPE of 150 or so, or higher. It will bounce off when its stamina plummets. Then take a character with 40 or 50 climbing, And put him/her on a 250 slope, They will more than likely reach the top with minimal stamina loss. 

Freedom may work differently however. 

This is what climbing skill does on Epic(Tested about a year ago):

A New account with 1 climbing skill will not ever be able to climb up a SLOPE of 150 or so, or higher. It will bounce off when its stamina plummets. Then take a character with 40 or 50 climbing, And put him/her on a 250 slope, They will more than likely reach the top with minimal stamina loss. 

Freedom may work differently however. 

you didn't take into account stamina levels though which from what Ive seen is deciding how far you can climb

There is at least one definite result of gaining climbing skill: 'Mountaineer' title at 50 skill. The title selection pages suggests that certain titles can provide bonuses when active.

I need the secrets of grinding climbing, that's my question because I cant find an effective method ;.;

please MetalDragon tell me your secrets

• Like 1

Necrobump

Got 46 climbing. Noticed, that I can go down on very steep slope with higher chance to "stick" to it. At lower levels of skill I tend to loose it and fall down.

Anyone tested climbing since 2015? : ) Maybe some dev could bring more details.

• Like 1