Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Remove Challenge rewards from Freedom and Epic

I can't craft a fountain container, should they all be removed from all servers? 

On a similar note sorcery was supposed to stay on epic and we have more than enough sorcerers on Freedom (why someone would spend money on them for PVE is beyond my comprehension but it happens). Should we remove them all from Freedom? My answer is no (even though I don't like sorcery stuff on Freedom). Transferring challenge rewards to other servers makes perfect sense to me as Challenge has frequent wipes that other servers don't have.

• Like 2

I see no reason to remove them after all they are cosmetics. The silver was a little much last time but we can hope that gets reduced. I personally love cosmetics being used in rewards in mmos, they are sort of valuable but mostly best for being able to say look I did well in challenge. If they were op rewards I would agree but since they do nothing really why penalize people for helping out with what essentially for now is a competitive mass test.

The Whole selling special items from PvP servers to drain the coin from the PvE servers is getting old to tell you the truth.

Okay, so don't buy them.  No sense in ruining it for people that want them.

LOL hell the only reason I would go to Challenge IS to bring back rewards. -1 for the OP

Title says it all. These things have nothing to do with these servers, they should stay on challenge. 

you want to redeem them then they should not I repeat NOT be able to be sold

What is the point of having rewards on challenge if they get deleted after the restart....

Regardless its to late now for the items already there and as we can sell everything in game for RL money you have to accept the fact that items in game will be invested in regardless of who or how they were acquired.

I would have thought challenge would be a good way for pvp players to raise coin too.

-1 from me as i have invested in a silver reward statue myself from another player from last round, kind of a memento.

Edited by lawurm

I like my mask; it doesn't give any advantage other than just to look nice so I don't think it's particularly game breaking?

Edited by Alyeska

I agree with the OP mostly.

But I guess the challenge rewards were made so they would be sold to pve players or be on pve servers.

That kind of makes challenge a strage game. like a minigame inside of freedom, for players to make extra cash for freedom.

I though tthe idea of challenge was a whole new way to play wurm, not just as a new facet of the pve economy

Title says it all. These things have nothing to do with these servers, they should stay on challenge. 

Torgrim, You will run into a lot of resistance with this suggestion. These "rewards" are the carrot on the stick to entice players to this newest pvp concept server. Those adept at acquiring them and in turn selling them as other exclusively obtained pvp items are no doubt quite delighted to have these income options added to the game. Notice how quickly they are sold off rather than held onto as something of personal worth.

The worst of it is that now you can even buy Titles that no time at all was put into acquiring. Pretty much goes contrary to the concept that Titles are earned by effort put forth focused upon it. Well, yes you always could get around this buy purchasing a developed character but that is another matter.

At the least these "rewards" should be bound to the character that acquired them on the Challenge server. Then if those characters want to travel to the other servers to display their rarities, fine and dandy for all to admire or avert their eyes, as the case may be. To aid in this current characters should be able to pop over there and participate if they wish. Then they can have these exclusive *personal* pvp items and Titles to display on their home servers.

=Ayes=

Torgrim, You will run into a lot of resistance with this suggestion. These "rewards" are the carrot on the stick to entice players to this newest pvp concept server. Those adept at acquiring them and in turn selling them as other exclusively obtained pvp items are no doubt quite delighted to have these income options added to the game. Notice how quickly they are sold off rather than held onto as something of personal worth.

The worst of it is that now you can even buy Titles that no time at all was put into acquiring. Pretty much goes contrary to the concept that Titles are earned by effort put forth focused upon it. Well, yes you always could get around this buy purchasing a developed character but that is another matter.

At the least these "rewards" should be bound to the character that acquired them on the Challenge server. Then if those characters want to travel to the other servers to display their rarities, fine and dandy for all to admire or avert their eyes, as the case may be. To aid in this current characters should be able to pop over there and participate if they wish. Then they can have these exclusive *personal* pvp items and Titles to display on their home servers.

=Ayes=

so enticing that players would even cheat to get them!

Meh having stuff from Challenge on Epic and Freedom is one of the things that lends value to participating on Challenge, especially since that map all goes poof afterwards.

• Like 2

LOL hell the only reason I would go to Challenge IS to bring back rewards. -1 for the OP

this

same here -1

Should be allowed to be sold as well. People worked hard for the prizes, let them do what they wish with them. Got a problem with it? Deal with it

Should be allowed to be sold as well. People worked hard for the prizes, let them do what they wish with them. Got a problem with it? Deal with it

yeah man, lots of work, totes...

are they really calling it "work" these days?

Making PvP earned rewards part of freedom is just a stupid, not thought through move, from the beginning. Titles coming over from challenge, items coming over from challenge... If the game goes any more in this direction it will be the death of this game, seriously. At least the PvE parts of it. Rolf can keep the PvP:ers then and try to make a living on just those players.

Silver coin rewards would be ok since you can buy silver with real money anyway, but otherwise nothing should be transferable.  

Except everything gets deleted at the end of a round.

So if nothing was transferable, you don't get any reward from winning.

I have no idea how you can think a couple titles/statues=Death of PvE

+1 to limiting all challenge rewards to the challenge server only - doesnt have to be deleted there if they dont make it that way

of note: I also support ANY item/title that cannot be crafted/earned anywhere being limited to the server it was earned on (hota, etc)

Edited by Elen

Except everything gets deleted at the end of a round.

So if nothing was transferable, you don't get any reward from winning.

I have no idea how you can think a couple titles/statues=Death of PvE

Why not change that instead then, let people keep their chars, just reset the skills and inventory, except no-drop rewards won in previous rounds. 

I didn't say that titles/statues is death of PvE. There are titles and face masks currently, I said if they continue add more items and types of items you can only gain this way it will eventually be the end of PvE. So far it it just annoying and wrong...