Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Remove Challenge rewards from Freedom and Epic

Title says it all. These things have nothing to do with these servers, they should stay on challenge. 

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 5

Has there been anything earth shattering? All i remeber seeing is statues, masks, titles and the coins so not sure that has any effect on freedom or epic. ( i guess there was that one wand/staff but i have no idea what it even was/does never paid much attention to it)

Edited by Kegan

Why, if they were redeemed on Challenge, they would be gone by the next round, the people that won them should be able to keep them for as long as they want, so they should be redeemable on the other clusters

After seeing your "convincing" argument in the update thread i still don't see how people getting statues and masks is a problem?

Should HOTA statues be removed from PvE as well since they come from chaos? 

What about adamantine and glimmersteel? 

How about missions or karma in general?

Don't forget sorcery items.

• Like 1

you want to redeem them then they should not I repeat NOT be able to be sold

• Like 1

Deathly, those things you list I have never liked either, but Chaos is part of freedom and part of the game we play on freedom. Makes them a bit more acceptable. 

Not yet, but if it continues like this, yes. And there is no reason there should be any cause for jelousy of this kind. We're supposed to live in a sandbox where everything can be crafted. If you start adding items gained through playing other games (yes challenge is another game) you destroy the sandbox very effienctly and that makes the game not worth playing if it goes far enough. 

Soo then we best remove hota statues then, And mailing system. Because if were supposed to craft everything, and gaining things from "other games" we gotta disconnect chaos from freedom, Remove all cash from cash shop, keep it per server! Because if they dont get removed, it destroys the sandbox enviroment! 

EDIT: Oh yeah, and moon metals, And seryll, Oh and the loyalty program, And finding silver coins randomly too. Those all destroy immersion or "sandbox" enviroment. 

Anyways, -1 no

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 2

Doesn't matter really. They shouldn't be here at all. What you gain on challenge should stay there. People on Freedom will not be any happier for having them around unless we can craft them.

Edited by Torgrim

Deathly, those things you list I have never liked either, but Chaos is part of freedom and part of the game we play on freedom. Makes them a bit more acceptable. 

By that logic, Since challenge is now connected to golden valley cluster, And freedom is connected to golden valley, Challenge is much more acceptable than chaos/freedom. 

Golden valley

>Challenge

>>Freedom cluster

>>Epic cluster

Edited by akaedis

Doesn't matter really. They shouldn't be here at all. What you gain on challenge should stay there. I will not be any happier for having them around unless I can craft them.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

so you just noticed now that wurm its a game built around greed?

welcome to reality.

Akaedis, you can go by boat to Chaos from Freedom servers, makes it part of the game world. Challenge is not. 

Deathly, you made your point. You like these rewards, no need to throw extra dirt. 

• Like 1

I wonder what percentage of the challenge rewards from the first round were sold to people on Freedom and Epic.  Secondly, I would be curious to know how many of the 87/3000 that are playing right now on Cauldron are only there to win the rewards from this round to sell them to Freedom and Epic players.  With only 87 players during the weekend, I would imagine you'd accept any type of transferable reward system to bring people to challenge.  Unless, of course, you would rather there be fewer people participating. <_<

Edited by Aaron_IRL

I do think the rewards are a little much for such a little amount of time but once you have to pay to play...well if that even happens. The server does not even seem like it will be a success though really the player count is way down from before.

Edit: Note: I don't have any trouble with the rewards being given out on freedom/epic but they are a little rich..imo

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

so you just noticed now that wurm its a game built around greed?

welcome to reality.

I think Rolf is a lot less greedy than other game dev companies really. My fear is that this is more of a desperate move than greed...

Akaedis, you can go by boat to Chaos from Freedom servers, makes it part of the game world. Challenge is not. 

Deathly, you made your point. You like these rewards, no need to throw extra dirt. 

Soo once portals open from challenge to freedom, then its part of the world if thats the case then. 

Stop trying to add special variables to your little virtual bubble of what you deem is part of wurm and what should and shouldnt be in the servers. Challenge is a part of wurm, Just like every other server. What players bring back, money, masks, statues or whatever is up to them and them only. 

Side note: If were gonna complain about "items should be craftable" Then lets start complaining about not being able to make Fantastic Epic Portals, Or any of the GM spawned objects in the world. Such as the summer hat? i believe its called, The hat that has the protection of a great helm but looks like a hat. Or one of the various other 10 unique items in wurm. 

EDIT: And no, Using the excuse "oh its a portal, therefor it isnt part of the world" doesn't work. All of wurm is connected. Just because theres different stats & servers, Doesnt mean it all isnt inter-connected. Regardless of that, Its all one mega family. Just Deal with it. 

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 1

I think Rolf is a lot less greedy than other game dev companies really. My fear is that this is more of a desperate move than greed...

im not talking about rolfs but players greed,thats what all pvp in wurm its about.

• Like 2

ok, sure, but greedy players on a PvP server is fine, greed is a good cause for PvP, nothing wrong with that. Greed is fine on PvE servers as well, but what is earned in one game should stay in that game.

ok, sure, but greedy players on a PvP server is fine, greed is a good cause for PvP, nothing wrong with that. Greed is fine on PvE servers as well, but what is earned in one game should stay in that game.

I think most ppl on pvp servers (at least epic) are at not greedy at all, we give mostly all stuff away for free.

• Like 7

I didn't say you are, I just say that greed is perfectly fine and it can be a good cause for PvP. 

+1 to this.