Sign in to follow this  
drfilip

Becoming a priest

I've been training faith recently in order to become a priest (vynora). However I've noticed that when you become a priest you get a certain restrictions on what you can do cannot do. My skills are still pretty low at this point and I'm not sure if I should become a priest due to having improve,mining,digging etc. restricted. I do however want to grind chanelling and faith. So I'm asking how do you manage your account?

Do you become a priest and accept the faith loss when doing restricted stuff?

Do you make a second account just for chanelling?

Should I never become a priest due restrictions?

Would appreciate some help and tips on what to do.

Thank you.

Which do you want to work on more?

There are other things you can do as a priest, but it is very restricted yes. You can't really accept the faith loss and just do actions anyway as that'll unpriest you eventually.

You could work on your character until you're at a level you feel satisfied with then go priest.

A priest life is quite limiting but is also very fun, i strongly suggest at least having enough body control to ride a horse before even contemplating priesting up. Never ever take a faith hit just for the sake of making a bsb or something just as silly. Theres only a few mad men out there that have a priest as a main ;) 

Edited by BibiWaffles
  • Like 1

If you become a priest as a main, then the biggest restrictions are that you cannot build structures, continue unfinished items and improve the ql of anything. As well, vyn priests cannot dig or mine. Because of this, If you are on a deed of your own, you will not be able to continue its construction. The only thing you can do is create raw mats and create (but not improve the ql of) tools, which is rather useless considering you wont be able to use them.

The only feasible way to play a priest as a main is to join a village that is willing to do the work for you in exchange for the benefits that you would provide the village as a priest.  The problem with this is that you will not gain those benefits for a long time from now (months). If you are already playing with friends that you know, then this is the best situation. Otherwise, you should find a nice village with good people willing to help you on your endeavour.

As mentioned above, you should get your body control up to 21 to ride horses. Another good thing to get is enough digging to see the slopes of tile borders on your tool tips II think its 20 but i could be wrong on that). This will also give you the ability to plant signs. In addition, it is highly advised that before you become a priest, you skill up some way to be able to make your own favor. The easiest (imo) as a vyn is cordage, because once you become a priest, you will be able to make it from scratch. You will need to get your farming and rope making up. Farming you can continue to grind as a priest, but the best way to get rope making is to imp net traps. I recommend you vget to at least 70 rope making before becoming a priest, otherwise you will be relying on others to make you favor which could get costly as it is a very time consuming process.

Another optional thing to do before becoming a priest is to make yourself a hot food cooking grinding station which  should have at the very least 500 frying pans (but better to have 1k). This will be for your soul depth grind as this is one of fastest ways to get it up. Other people say they just fish and farm for soul depth but truly, this will take literally years of fishing. 

If you still decide that Priesting is for you, then I wish you luck, as it is a long journey that will test your resolve (and sanity) on a regular basis and even more so as a main.

Griphyth

Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 2

A priest should be an alt yes. The restrictions are too crazy especially as vynora priest. It is almost not possible to have a vyn priest as main.

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I decided I'll just make an alt for a priest seeing how I do enjoy skilling.

Thanky you all again I really appreciate it.

As far as saccing for favor... can you put multiple items in or do they have to be sac'd one at a time?

I am a priest as a main, but spend much time on Alts to do mining and construction.  Making the choice early is best.  What will your character do, and what will another one do.

If you have room in your life for only one premium character, it could be the priest, as alt with a 20 limit can still do almost everything you need, though slightly slower, and slightly smaller.

Get body str to 23, get body control up for horse riding.

Then jump right in and have a blast shattering stuff. :)

Best of luck.

You really need to think about it when you want to make your main character a priest. For me, it was never an option as my main character is a builder/crafter, I don't grind skills, I just do. I build, dig and make tunnels, there was no option than to make my priest an alt. But in saying that I dont class my priest as an alt, but a second main. Both characters live on separate servers, my priest is the money maker and my builder work on deed projects.

I have 3 priest and even though my vyn is the money maker, I somehow enjoy my mag more than the vyn. It all depends on what you like to do as well. I'm a lover of making tunnels, so my mag really helps with that, where as my vyn spend a lot of time at the altar or casting in general. So if you are set on enchanter (vyn) and want to do coc and woa  90% of the time thats great, but there are other priest options, vyn is just the most lucrative.

As for saccing, I'm lucky enough to have someone in our lil business that is a high ql tailor, so he make squares and they are great. You have to look at the highest saccing item you have access to. But as Griph said starting out ropes  are going to be your best option with no offsider help.

I think have priests you really need to be a hardcore lover of wurm. It's a tough road, but extremely rewarding as you get higher. Sometimes I love my priests the most.

Good luck.

Milo