Sign in to follow this  
Mirax

Remove Seryll/Glimmer/Ada from mission database

Simply what the title says - remove seryll, glimmer, and ada items/lumps/ore/etc. from the mission database, as in - no missions should ever spawn for Valrei that require sacrifice of the base ore/lumps or any items derived from them, of any quality level.

Almost every other mission I can think of is possible with enough population/time/effort, as the resources needed are available in the persistent world, or are driven by skills (i.e. create 20 colossus may take forever and not get done in a given mission timer period, but with enough people, there's no reason it couldn't be - clay, stone/bricks, and people - nothing outrageous there in terms of need - if the desire to get the mission done is present).  

Currently there is a "sacrifice 500 decent seryll lumps" mission up on Serenity - - there's no reason this mission or any like it should be included in the mission database.  While technically possible, it is not feasible or plausible - even if the server were to have a full 400 population, all of whom save every lump of seryll they've ever obtained ever for a mission, and then all sacced it - it's questionable if that would be enough lumps, let alone enough of 30 ql (decent).  I'd wager that 500 decent seryll lumps haven't even been generated on Serenity ever.

These moon metals are rare enough and valuable enough as it is - there's no reason to include missions that require them, as there is no plausible way they will ever get done, even if player desire is at 110%...amounting to stalled missions, stalled Valrei progress, and general frustration.  I'd add in remove sacrifice 1000 decent white-dotted flowers too, but that'd be a bit of a hijack of my own topic. 

Every mission should be doable based on persistently available resources, skills, creature counts on the servers, with enough population, etc.  While making 50 caravels may not get done - it COULD get done without relying on limited-spawn resources like moon metals.

Otherwise, these particular moon metal-related missions just amount to the RNG deciding which faction gets shafted in a scenario, and that's wrong - elements of randomness are fine of course in the mission selection, but every mission SHOULD be REALISTICALLY doable - even if that means the server had to be at full pop and work non-stop through the duration of the mission, so be it - but missions involving obscene numbers of ultra-rare materials don't do anything for the gameplay except create roadblocks and dictate event outcomes that should be dictated by true hard work and sacrifice by the players, not losing RNG roulette.

• Like 2

+1 to remove all silly missions.

Like who can sacrifice 2300 hens or create 35 corbitas.

mission SHOULD be REALISTICALLY doable

BUT

I think missions requiring special things should be HEAVILY tweaked.

For instance building a single corbita is a good mission.

Sacrificing 2 ada lumps could be a mission.

It's all about the quantities required really.

the animal sacrifical missions need heavy tweaking too, the required ammount can be silly numbers sometimes.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Description: Magranon asks you to sacrifice 4062 Bull.

I agree.

I totally agree. So often we see missions that are just impossible or so absurd they are not worth even attempting. Even if we COULD build 500 colossus in the given time, who wants to generate all that useless new lag? Then there are the missions to sac things that don't even fit into altars, 100% impossible.

+1 to remove all silly missions.

Like who can sacrifice 2300 hens or create 35 corbitas.

BUT

I think missions requiring special things should be HEAVILY tweaked.

For instance building a single corbita is a good mission.

Sacrificing 2 ada lumps could be a mission.

It's all about the quantities required really.

the animal sacrifical missions need heavy tweaking too, the required ammount can be silly numbers sometimes.

While I agree on all fronts here, and would love to go through and tweak the entire mission database...I am sure there would be a wealth of opinions by players as to what missions are or aren't doable, what the right multipliers are, etc.  Rather than get sucked into that, since it's not a specific, discrete suggestion that the devs can apply - I put forth this suggestion as it is timely/relevant based on current mission on Serenity.

I 100% agree there should be a top-to-bottom review of missions in general and they should be pruned to eliminate the stupid/silly/impossible/etc. ones, adjust the quantity multipliers, etc. but I'm trying here to put forth a specific suggestion that is easily implemented - baby steps - rather than yet another fairly large and contentious project for the devs to put on their plates.  Baby steps.  

Edited by Mirax

Well mirax if the devs just put out a list of the multipliers in corelation to player count (becouse there is a list like that, missions arent static, they rely on population), then us players can do the ground work and adjust those multipliers into what we deem reasonable.

then they just adjust it by copy pasting those values from us.

An hour or two of work at most.

Well mirax if the devs just put out a list of the multipliers in corelation to player count (becouse there is a list like that, missions arent static, they rely on population), then us players can do the ground work and adjust those multipliers into what we deem reasonable.

then they just adjust it by copy pasting those values from us.

An hour or two of work at most.

My question is what kind of population does it go off of? Total accounts or unique accounts within X, because currently serenity missions are asking stuff for 100+ population back when we had it, but now it's dwindled to about 40 or less on at any time.

My question is what kind of population does it go off of? Total accounts or unique accounts within X, because currently serenity missions are asking stuff for 100+ population back when we had it, but now it's dwindled to about 40 or less on at any time.

A good question.

For devs.

Not me, I have never gotten any info on this particular mechanic. ^_^

But I get a strong feeling its the same mechanics as the global spells code though which requires a certain ammount of prayers multiplied by the ammount of followers of the corresponding religion that has been online the past week (or if it was 2 weeks).

So basicly the same deal except its sacrificing/building instead of prayers to finish a mission.

i remember the gooden days on epic where we had to build 10 colossus, and if we won the scenario our own homeserver got hit by craters.

Whole mission system is broken in general.

Ive heard people say that it is based on players but I find it hard to accept that because the only influence I see is the difficulty scales with what your god is holding onto on valrei. The game basically breaks things into small sacrifices and large creates, entry level is sac 500 decent this or create 10 of that. God picks up like third item on valrei and now its sac 1000 decent this or create 20 of that. God picks up fourth or fifth item now its sac 1500 decent this or create 30 of that. The major issue is that it seems to think 500 decent corn is the same as 500 decent compasses (non impable which means you need to imp all the sub components turning it into 3 50ql items per). Then at the other end it has 10 bulk storage bins in the same difficulty as 10 colossi, both these comparisons being considered entry level missions.

Id rather see the game learn to recognise difficulty and in this case rarity, moving those silly high end of the scale items to a different tier so that when it starts asking for 50 bulk storage bins then it asks for 1 colossus and then perhaps on that same level it could ask for 10 lumps. This would allow keeping in the butchered seryll and the volcano spewed adamantine, however I believe the glimmer should be removed completely since that's not realistically obtainable outside of HoTA.

The whole system needs reworking, and things like sac foals/calves/chickens and named (bred) horse traitors need to be removed also since they just promote civil war and unrest breaking into peoples pens to get at since it is unavoidable to be able to complete those missions.

We had the 500 seryll lump mission on Desertion not long ago im sure you will manage to suffer through it as we did and we can all hope that this spring scheduled overhaul of valrei will have some happy outcomes, not just for this side of it but the dozens of other issues also.

• Like 4